Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 4 was not good

InvaderShy

When I though the series couldn't be get worse with Equestria Girls, appeared a mediocre season 4.

Let me explain myself:

I didn't care the Twilicorn issue, because if it was hasty it could be used to increase series' potential. How? Well, now that Twilight is another mandatary her first work as a princess could be trying to negotiate with another country, who could be the hypothetical Equestria's archnemesis (Like the relation USA-USSR). 

In the first two episodes could be schemed an scenario like this: an extremist colonel/general from that Equestria's archnemesis country sends spies for stealing the elements of harmony and threat the Equestrian government announcing that if they don't hand over Manehattan, the Crystal Empire, Yanhoover and their outskirts to them, they shall use these elements of harmony and other weapons to turn Equestria in a desert.

Thus, the rest of the season would be about Twilight gaining time while her friends  and Discord try to recover the elements and with them kill that extremist colonel/general and the soldiers who share with him that warmongering nature. Princesses Celestia, Cadence and Luna would see if there's no informants inside Equestria's borders. Even with the end of this problem, there would be material for using in the 5th season

Sounds like a good story, isn't it? But no, we had to stand a two-part flashback where anormal seeds- not the Everfree Forest- grow and try to expand and appear an unnecesary tree which is the origin of elements, a bunch of bored Slice of Life episodes where you can see the word fanservice everywhere (Episode Power Ponies) and a finale which we can affirm it's a pseudo-plagiarism of some Dragon Ball episiodes.

Love triangles, bat ponies, a colt who wants to compete with Pinkie Pie for determinate who organize the best party, an event which is a cheap copy of the Olympic Games....wee...yay....What's next? A plagiarism from the FIFA World Cup? 

See what's my point? Since Magical Mystery Cure and Equestria Girls we're observing how this series is decaying slowly for turning, probably in the long-term, in another Spongebob. If you agree with me good, if not I don't care for it's your standpoint after all.

All I can say is: enjoy this series now that you can, for it will become completely forgettable in the next decades.

• Brohoof 1

All I can say is: enjoy this series now that you can, for it will become completely forgettable in the next decades.

mlfw8044-1331809431178.gif

I think you need to take a looooooong break from FiM or just hit the door buddy,it's clear you don't even want to like the show anymore.

Also your 'prophecy' of MLP:FIM also applies to your comment and you entire post. Hows that make you feel now. :)

• Brohoof 15

(edited)

This is your opinion...

Sorry I don't really like your idea because they wouldn't be able to make "slice of life" episodes. I know that many members, including me, like these episodes.

And what's wrong with bat ponies and Cheese Sandwich? The majority of the community liked them.

You didn't like the season 4, but I, for one, loved it, and I'm far from being the only one. That's all. ;)

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 11

that idea you had isnt really ok for a kids show, radical generals and killing them? political espionage? yeah that wouldnt fly, most people would say that season 4 was the best season

• Brohoof 8

i would like to point out that most of the series is a slice of life show and yes there are not as exciting as the adventure episodes but the slice of life episodes are more for the growth of the characters and see problem that can be relateable.  i personally think that this was one of the best seasons yet but thats my opinion and you are free to have your own.

• Brohoof 4

I didn't care the Twilicorn issue, because if it was hasty it could be used to increase series' potential. How? Well, now that Twilight is another mandatary her first work as a princess could be trying to negotiate with another country, who could be the hypothetical Equestria's archnemesis (Like the relation USA-USSR). 

In the first two episodes could be schemed an scenario like this: an extremist colonel/general from that Equestria's archnemesis country sends spies for stealing the elements of harmony and threat the Equestrian government announcing that if they don't hand over Manehattan, the Crystal Empire, Yanhoover and their outskirts to them, they shall use these elements of harmony and other weapons to turn Equestria in a desert.

Thus, the rest of the season would be about Twilight gaining time while her friends  and Discord try to recover the elements and with them kill that extremist colonel/general and the soldiers who share with him that warmongering nature. Princesses Celestia, Cadence and Luna would see if there's no informants inside Equestria's borders. Even with the end of this problem, there would be material for using in the 5th season

I don't get it. The first episode wasn't good because it wasn't your fan fiction idea?

Sounds like a good story, isn't it? But no, we had to stand a two-part flashback where anormal seeds- not the Everfree Forest- grow and try to expand and appear an unnecesary tree which is the origin of elements, a bunch of bored Slice of Life episodes where you can see the word fanservice everywhere (Episode Power Ponies) and a finale which we can affirm it's a pseudo-plagiarism of some Dragon Ball episiodes.

Love triangles, bat ponies, a colt who wants to compete with Pinkie Pie for determinate who organize the best party, an event which is a cheap copy of the Olympic Games....wee...yay....What's next? A plagiarism from the FIFA World Cup? 

See what's my point? Since Magical Mystery Cure and Equestria Girls we're observing how this series is decaying slowly for turning, probably in the long-term, in another Spongebob. If you agree with me good, if not I don't care for it's your standpoint after all.

MLP is primarily a slice of life show. If you don't like that kind of thing, maybe it just isn't for you.

Personally, season 4 is one of my favorite seasons.

• Brohoof 12

(edited)

Dude, you only talked about one or two episodes, when there's 26 or so in Season 4 :huh:

You clearly don't want to like the show anymore. You want to remain closed-off and not accepting of change, and that's a bad attitude to possess, friend.

Personally, I loved season 4, and it was my favorite season. There was some low points, yeahh - like "Rainbow Falls," and Trenderdouche, but honestly, nothing is perfect, and if you expect things to be perfect, you're going to live a lifetime of disappointment.

I think you just want to dislike it, personally, probably because of Twilicorn. Refusing to see new horizons is the way I'd describe it.

Also, keep in mind that this show is marketed towards little girls and is about candy-colored ponies. It isn't the place you'd look if you want to see those gore-fest ideas you presented. Best go look somewhere else for that.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 8

When I though the series couldn't be get worse with Equestria Girls, appeared a mediocre season 4.

Let me explain myself:

Sounds like a good story, isn't it? 

If I wanted this kind of story I'd play Metal Gear

Basically you're saying that S4 was mediocre because it stuck to what the show does best

• Brohoof 7

(edited)

Thus, the rest of the season would be about Twilight gaining time while her friends  and Discord try to recover the elements and with them kill that extremist colonel/general and the soldiers who share with him that warmongering nature. Princesses Celestia, Cadence and Luna would see if there's no informants inside Equestria's borders. Even with the end of this problem, there would be material for using in the 5th season.

Just something I need to point out - this isn't a show like that. This isn't a war show. This is a show about technicolor ponies. Not about killing, not about war, not about esponiage, it's main focus is slice of life.

With this set of ideals on how the show should be run, I honestly question if you even liked the show in the first place.

Edited by ghostfacekiller39
  • Brohoof 11

I'm glad some of you tolerate my standpoint. 

I think you just want to dislike it, personally, probably because of Twilicorn. Refusing to see new horizons is the way I'd describe it.

It seems you got me wrong. I liked the Twilicorns idea, but not the way like Hasbro developed it. I mean, if you are one of the few who rule Equestria then you have to treat topics like poverty, war, political tensions, etc. Even if you think this is for kids it doesn't mean you can't take it to new horizons. The chid is innocent, but that doesn't mean he's stupid for not understanding real life problems; and those problems could be shown and exploted in this show.

The first episode wasn't good because it wasn't your fan fiction idea?

No, I don't like writing fanfics. Moreover, I'd prefer writing a book than a fanfiction. 

(edited)

This sounds like a mad rant from someone that wishes they could do better than the show writers themselves but obviously couldn't deliver if they actually were placed in such a position. It is not a good sign to see a declaration that they don't care about the opinions of others if they are negative. Who should take their own advice, by the way?  Season 4 is not perfect by any means but I feel that it represents an improvement over the past seasons to some degree. Because I wonder about the motivations behind this thread, I will cut off my post here.

Edited by Silver Letter
  • Brohoof 4

~words~

It really all comes down to you pretty much saying "This isn't what I personally wanted to happen, so it sucks."

The show has never been remotely close to the scenarios you presented people with, even before Twilicorn, so I don't know why you'd expect war and murder now when it was never really there in the first place.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Hey. You, OP. C'mere. I've got a mind-blowing for you, and it's really quite simple.

Come closer.

...Closer.

...Closer still.

...You ready?

...Here it comes:

If you don't like it, you're free not to watch it.

y__all_don__t_say_by_mamandil-d5e36kb.pn

Edited by Applethrash
  • Brohoof 9

I don't get your approach. You say the show is going downhill (especially with Season 4), primarily because of slice of life episodes. But the thing is, the first two seasons were primarily slice of life, while Season 4 had the most adventure elements by far. Your ideas sound too radical for MLP to be honest, I couldn't see a story like that working as intended for this show

If you don't like it, you're free not to watch it.

I'm sure he knows that. Doesn't mean he can't voice his opinion.

• Brohoof 2

I'm sure he knows that. Doesn't mean he can't voice his opinion.

Apparently you think I'm trying to silence him? Not the case. He is free to his opinion, just as I am free to criticize that opinion.

• Brohoof 3

When I said "If you agree good, if you don't I don't care" I wasn't trying to troll anybody. I just wanted to express my standpoint. I was saying this:"If you disagree it's OK, dude. No problem. Excellent if you liked it. Relax, no problem." 

Well, it's fine that you didn't like the season. Not everyone does, though I personally enjoyed it.

Your reasons however leave me scratching my head. It's one thing to not like the execution of a particular idea (like never doing anything with the ruined castle, even though they were there for multiple episodes), but what you present...it just seems like a case of setting expectations for something that you feel would be better, but not seeing it at all kills all enthusiasm.

It's like me with "The Crystal Empire." At first I thought it was forgettable, especially compared to "A Canterlot Wedding," but after watching the episode again recently after letting the expectations died down I found that I REALLY enjoyed it.

Sometimes it is best to let go of one's own expectations and enjoy what you have instead of what you can have. Again, it's fine that you don't like season 4, but the reasons for that seem iffy.

• Brohoof 1