Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which episode do you most identify with?

Cloby604

That episode that you love sooooo much and you love the lesson that the learn and you feel identified with it.

In my case, I love Keep calm and flutter on, because when I see somepony strange or diferent from the others I found them more value that anypony else. And maybe sometimes they are evil, but all dark side has a good side, like Discord....(Or Dracula- He just is the way he is and wants to be with the girl of her dreams. (the original story)).

discord_s_friendship_amulet_by_imagecons

• Brohoof 3

I identifiied with Filli Vanilli's message... mainly because I knew it applied to me. I knew I could really learn from that message - and in a way that made me feel quite nice.

Awww, you stole mine.  I was going to say the exact same thing.  Like, word for word.  Filli Vanilli was the second episode I ever saw, and Fluttershy's monologue at the end was key to me being proud to be a brony and embracing it.

Let's see, Party of One actually resonated with me pretty strongly, because it reminded me of an experience from my own life.  And, believe it or not, Sleepless in Ponyville actually inspired me to try signing up for the Big Brother program.  Actually, I haven't done it yet--I can't do it until summer is over.  But as soon as Autumn arrives, I'm going to try it.  So, those episodes had a pretty big impact on me.

• Brohoof 3

"A Canterlot Wedding".

When my big brother got married, I had a few issues with it. Someone was stealing MY BBBFF! Thankfully I managed to keep it to myself, and I really hope nobody noticed. Now my sister-in-law and I are very close and good friends. I didn't even have to battle to save the world, either!

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I'll have to go all the way back into Season 1 for this, to "Winter Wrap-Up". This was one of the first episodes that sold me on this show.

I found Twilight back then to be one of the most relatable characters I have ever seen in a cartoon. I identified with her struggle to find a place in life ever since the series premiere, and it's on full display here, in both the song and the main conflict of the episode. I've been through this many times in my life.

Twilight, luckily, seems to have been a natural-born leader. Unfortunately, our world is not so conducive to self-discovery, so I have to fend for myself in finding who I am, and I know for sure that I am not to be trusted as a leader, but I'll keep trying.

Edited by Wind Chaser
  • Brohoof 2

I've seen a million of these threads sprouting lately lol (even made one myself a while back. XD)

As others have said, I also feel connected to Filli Vannili and Winter Wrap Up. I am still trying to find my place in this world, and I had literally almost the SAME exact fear as Fluttershy did with singing. I just wish I had been able to watch that episode when I was younger...

• Brohoof 1

Honestly, Party of One. Having growing up with very little friends, to now having alot more, I think if I ever got the feeling my friends didn't like me anymore, i would probably enter into a depression state like Pinkie did. I guess thats why never found that episode funny, but more eye opening and touching (?). I think that episode taught to not think the worst. 

• Brohoof 2

Testing Testing 1 2 3

I would be lying if I said I struggle in school, but I do have a really hard time staying focused and learning in some of my tougher classes (math and science). So I totally identify with Dash's frustration and hopelessness in the episode (and I hate the way school is usually taught, so I feel that frustration too)

• Brohoof 4

A friend in deed. 

I make it my point to remain as optimistic as possible, and excite that same positive mindset in others around me. Sometimes i get really down, but i always push through the hard times because i keep reminding myself that depression and sadness are abstract, and i only keep myself in place by dwelling into them. That's the kind of attitude i want to inspire.

• Brohoof 2

Hurricane Fluttershy

I was teased badly as a kid, I've grown up since with many insecurities which affect me to this day. Fluttershy's initial inability to get past these reminds me of how I doubt myself in every way because of how I was made to feel. I always get tears seeing Fluttershy fly past the others in the hurricane and the aftermath. :squee:

I felt very touched by Applejacks Key-Episode, which is also the second Flim-Flam-Brothers episode. I just can't remember the name, but you should know it. I didn't even realize it when I watched it for the first time. But in retrospect I find myself as well compromising with ideals and actions I cannot stand just for the sake of peace. Applejack bent the truth to fit the bill, and this was leading to far greater trouble. 

(edited)

Almost every Fluttershy episode, especially Putting Your Hoof Down. Because I'm shy IRL.

Read It and Weep too as I don't like to read, but there're some books I liked.

Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 3

It's a three way tie between Hurricane Fluttershy, Sisterhooves Social, and Pinkie Pride.

Hurricane Fluttershy, much like most Fluttershy episodes, reminds me of my life before becoming a Brony and becoming more sociable, because I had really bad stage fright a long time ago. Sisterhooves Social because I fight a lot with my little brother, but we're still good buddies. Pinkie Pride because I sometimes let my pride get to my head, and I try to be better than I supposedly am.

Hurricane Fluttershy I was teased badly as a kid, I've grown up since with many insecurities which affect me to this day. Fluttershy's initial inability to get past these reminds me of how I doubt myself in every way because of how I was made to feel.

Same here. Even more specifically, I also had trouble with sports and gym and was always the weakest in the group. As this was the first episode of the show I ever watched from beginning to end, I think that's what attracted me to the show. Fluttershy's insecurities weren't just something she fixed by trying her hardest. Even when you try your hardest, it may not still be enough; insecurity isn't something you drop of after one personal victory.

Building off that, "Equestria Games" also comes off as very relatable.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

The Last Roundup

post-20905-0-19875800-1405504852.jpg

I can easily understand why Applejack tried to escape after not winning a rodeo, all her motivations and fears. I always expect too much from myself and want to please everyone, sometimes forgeting about my own needs and pushing myself too hard. I have my limits and sometimes I forget that it's okay to have them. Besides, I had a depression and it was hard to show how weak I became because of it to my friends and family. I didn't want to let them see me like this. My whole life I tried to be strong and it was hard to admit that I can't deal with my life and accept help. 

I loved this episode and I still think that it's one of the best Applejack episodes :) Shame, that some bronies joke that Derpy stole her spotlight. 

Edited by Anilewe
  • Brohoof 3

Sisterhooves Social. :3 I have an older sibling, and no matter how much I fight with him, we still care for each other. I can also really relate with Sweetie Belle, as I always want to spend some time with my sibling even if he is too busy or can't be bothered.

Party of One. 

I don't make friends easily by default,the friends i do have im afraid will abandon me. When i feel im being avoided i get immensely bitter. I will also talk to inanimate objects instead,because they can't really ignore me...ok well they can but i won't be able to tell; far as im concerned they are just to shy to talk back. :) 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have a few!

A Dog and Pony Show - I just identify with the lesson in this one so much. I feel like people see me as weak and helpless just because I'm small and very feminine. But the truth is I can outsmart people and be quite assertive in order to get what I want in difficult situations. I may be girly, but nobody bosses me around... Just like Rarity! :)

A Bird in the Hoof - I could totally see myself taking someone's pet from them without permission if I thought the animal was being abused or neglected, just like Fluttershy took Philomena, lol.

Luna Eclipsed - Like Luna in this episode, I can make bad first impressions. Before getting to know me, I can come off as cold or unfriendly, and it frustrates me to no end! But once I'm in my element and start to feel more comfortable and aware, I really open up and have fun.

Edited by Jennabun