Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If MLP:FiM never existed at all, would entertainment be any better? Or would it remain at the same level?

Please also list to me specific things in modern entertainment that you think "MLP:FiM can help fight against", e.g. cliches, undesirable/"disgusting" trends, pop entertainment/art "plagues", etc.

It would be the same as it is now, but without bronies. It's a great show, but I don't see that it's had a huge impact on entertainment. (Especially since, if Faust never made FiM, she probably would have made something just as good)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

well lets see if MLP FIM never existed the population in U.S. U.K. etc would be a tad bit lower seeing as this helped many Bronies and Pegasisters walk away from suicide there would be a lot less friendships in the world. The MLP Forums would never of came to be and life would feel empty like if we were missing something epic

(oh and I would of never become a YouTube Gamer or been alive because of reason 1)

Edited by PonygamesFluttershy
  • Brohoof 1

Honestly, I don't think the entertainment industry would be noticeably different. Short term, at least.

Long term? Well, Bronies are a great case-study about fringe-demographics, and I'd imagine that a lot of industry folk might be taking risks now that they wouldn't have if FiM had never existed.

post-23625-0-63349500-1405128640.png

Why it would be a empty wasteland of nothing but commericals and reruns of 80s commercials. A endless abyss of nothingness, no Doctor Who, no daytime tv, nothing. Just a empty corperate owned desert wasteland.

Or it would be the same, as there aren't many shows currently taking influence from FiM, other than making small references and "lol look bronies". So it would be alot similar to what we currently have.

• Brohoof 3

EEEH, we would all lump into another good show like adventure time or regular show (who also dont exactly follow gender roles in certain episodes)

I would stay in my one little Pokemon corner playing Pokemon on my 3DS and be the usual Introvert that I am. Also, I'd probably wouldn't have a use for the internet, nor the television in general. 

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

MLP may be important to us, but in the world of entertainment at large it is of little value except as a good subject for an occasional feature story or parody piece.

However, one interesting thought is if any cartoons of the future will be inspired by MLP, and whether or not they'll attain similar levels of success.

To me, life would be different. MLP, particularly Rarity, is a huge part of my life :D I can't picture it any other way, and I couldn't be happier. It's become a part of my identity now, like baseball and what not.

For entertainment at large, it's one of the few quality shows in a market that has cartoons like "Breadwinners," "Sanjay and Craig," "Adventure Time," and I really don't feel like going on. Unfortunately, while Hasbro wouldn't be as successful as they are at this point in time without MLP, entertainment at large would just belt out the crap that they've been pushing on screen for sometime now.

• Brohoof 2

While I think on a personal level (see Ghostie's post) life would be different, I think overall things would be relatively similar. The only thing I can see changing would be targets for jokes, as the brony fandom has been a very juicy target to hit for a wide variety of comedic purposes, whether it be in jest, or supporting, or hating on the fandom. I hear all this stuff about bronies challenging gender roles & everything, but I just don't see it. I mean, here it is prominent, but that is because these are the forums dedicated to it.

However in the average streets of the average city, I don't think it would change. I mean, I don't see billboards plastered with My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic or big name celebrities (outside of some posts on their favorite social media sites, which is why I don't think any celebrities are true bronies & instead just do it for attention, with the exclusion of some of the ones who are either A; Already doing well & don't need the attention or B; Don't make a fuss about it) really doing anything with it. I don't see Johnny Depp wearing a Rainbow Dash shirt or anything like that.

If anywhere were to have a change of any caliber, it would be the internet & comedy. The internet is populated heavily with the brony fandom, & many things might change but might also stay the same. It isn't really possible to tell without having seen the internet without this fandom. As for the comedy, that would most likely not change at all, in fact people still might joke about guys acting like girls & such without the fandom being a center piece.

PS I know I talked a lot about the fandom here, but honestly, let's face it; That is what makes MLP; FiM a big thing. Us. The brony fandom is what made this into such a big deal, because if we didn't exist then all it would be is just a girls' cartoon with candy-coated equines. So you take out the show, you take out the fandom (or at least the biggest part of the fandom, as I know some people still do enjoy other Generations), you take out what made MLP; FiM such a big thing.

(edited)

i dont think MLP has had mich influence on the entertainment industry honestly.

i also dont see how it would,since most shows are so very different at their core structures

Edited by Sceethe

I think you're giving MLP way too much credit. It is literally a cartoon show for little girls, it didn't change anything but the fact that a bunch of adults started taking an interest in it.

MLP isn't groundbreaking in any way, shape or form. It affects people for sure but as a form of entertainment it's just one more cartoon for anyone who's seen anything since they were a child.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how to answer this question, tbh. For me, though, I probably wouldn't be any different than I am now. I mean, I tried Doctor Who because of MLP, so you could say I opened up to other things. i'm thinking of giving Breaking Bad a shot.

If MLP:FiM never existed at all, would entertainment be any better? Or would it remain at the same level?

We wouldn't know, nor could we tell the difference.

Since we know what it's like now to watch MLP now, a different reality where we had never seen it wouldn't really be possible to contradict.

Does that make sense?

Just trying to guess it, I don't think entertainment would be better, it would probably be worse, honestly.

Most of my time is spent by gaming, but when I'm not doing that, I'm usually doing something pony-related to occupy my time.

If MLP had never existed, or it had never been known of, the Brony community would have never formed, thus leading to no pony-related doings to occupy my time with.

• Brohoof 1