Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Rainbow Dash REALLY the fastest character in Equestria?

Everleaf

she certainly claims to be the fastest, tough i'm not really sure. 

i mean, how did they know about the existence of a sonic rainboom before rainbow dash did one? there must have been somepony doing one before!

• Brohoof 4

i mean, how did they know about the existence of a sonic rainboom before rainbow dash did one? there must have been somepony doing one before!

That is partly of what I thought we may not know for sure but I like to at least bet she is the fastest (alive)

Well I think we've seen Spitfire do a sonic boom and it's likely that any other pony in the wonderbolts can do one to. 

i mean, how did they know about the existence of a sonic rainboom before rainbow dash did one?

To answer your question, Pinkie Pie is all knowing! :)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
or is there a pony in Equestria faster? 

Well, in the Equestrian Games Spitfire seemed to beat her quite easily and after becoming an Alicorn, Twilight was able to perform a Sonic Sparkboom at the Summer Sun Celebration... 

And in her Hot Minute, she admitted that AJ is probably the only one who could beat her on the ground.

Edited by Ianpiersonjdavis

That we know of yes. Or at the very least, when she says she's the fastest, she's not bullshiting around

Sure RD can travel at the speed of sound, but Lightning-flickr is the fastest pony b/c he can travel at the speed of light :3

Yeah you are right obviously she isn't the fastest neither is Lightning Flicker because doughnut head a pony who exist obviously can move at infinite speeds so as fast he/she wants to move at and poke  villains to their doom because it is OBVIOUSLY cannon mmmhmmmm.

A pissed off Fluttershy is potentially faster than Rainbow Dash. Pinkie Pie is potentially faster. So's Spitfire. Most of these had extraneous circumstances, though, so hard to say.

• Brohoof 1

I doubt it,sorry,not to mention were forgetting about a certain pony who might have been a 'better'(albeit more aggressive) flier.

Lightning Dust.

Lightning_Dust_ID_S3E7.png

I doubt Rainbow Dash is the fastest pony is Equestria hands down,also she couldn't beat Spitfire in the relay at the Equestria Games as she came in 2nd. 

I doubt it,sorry,not to mention were forgetting about a certain pony who might have been a 'better'(albeit more aggressive) flier.

Lightning Dust.

img-2891648-1-Lightning_Dust_ID_S3E7.png

I doubt Rainbow Dash is the fastest pony is Equestria hands down,also she couldn't beat Spitfire in the relay at the Equestria Games as she came in 2nd. 

That is the case if you take out the fact she was making up time that her team members had taken and last I checked she was doing about as good as flicker was just different point of view really.

• Brohoof 3

That great and legendary pony could be dead. 

Nah, Pinkie Pie is the fastest. I mean, did you see how fast that mare runs? Pinkie Pie beat Rainbow Dash to the school's bell.

If we're talking about Rainbow Dash being the fastest CHARACTER in general, then that's a different story.

• Brohoof 1

That is the case if you take out the fact she was making up time that her team members had taken and last I checked she was doing about as good as flicker was just different point of view really.

The point is that if Rainbow Dash was "the fasted pony in Equestria" she would not have lost in that relay regardless as they were neck and neck at the end,there was no real reason for her to lose at that moment.

Sure RD can travel at the speed of sound, but Lightning-flickr is the fastest pony b/c he can travel at the speed of light :3

As you approach 1.0c (100% of the speed of light) the amount of energy required to accelerate further goes up by a square of the previous amount of energy required. At a sufficiently high level of acceleration approaching the speed of light, you would need infinite energy to accelerate closer to the speed of light.

There are also numerous other complications involved with a pony-sized collection of matter travelling at the speed of light, like how moving would cause a hard vacuum in his/her/its wake, which would result in tremendously violent shockwaves. Or how fusion would occur on Lightning's facing side, which would cause a linear nuclear explosion whenever that character moved.

• Brohoof 1

The point is that if Rainbow Dash was "the fasted pony in Equestria" she would not have lost in that relay regardless as they were neck and neck at the end,there was no real reason for her to lose at that moment.

They have to make them wonder dolts look good some how,not like they haven't made themselves look like dolts and messed up plenty of times in the past. This obviously proves that race wasn't pandered.

• Brohoof 1

As you approach 1.0c (100% of the speed of light) the amount of energy required to accelerate further goes up by a square of the previous amount of energy required. At a sufficiently high level of acceleration approaching the speed of light, you would need infinite energy to accelerate closer to the speed of light.

There are also numerous other complications involved with a pony-sized collection of matter travelling at the speed of light, like how moving would cause a hard vacuum in his/her/its wake, which would result in tremendously violent shockwaves. Or how fusion would occur on Lightning's facing side, which would cause a linear nuclear explosion whenever that character moved.

True, but most shows and comic books tend to ignore the whole energy requirement thing. They also ignore the whole collateral thing for...obvious reasons. Put simply, no one likes cleaning up afterwards.

(edited)

True, but most shows and comic books tend to ignore the whole energy requirement thing. They also ignore the whole collateral thing for...obvious reasons. Put simply, no one likes cleaning up afterwards.

Everything's fun as long as we can forget about those pesky physics.

There's not enough stories that take what physics do allow and use those parameters for fun... Which is why I'm thinking about making a hard science fiction story with MLP, in which they use a spacecraft that can reach half the speed of light, using a magically powered sail with a specific impulse of 200 million seconds.

Edited by Blue
  • Brohoof 1

RD is probably the youngest flyer who flies at the speeds she does. Its not that RD can fly fast but rather she is not afraid to fly fast. RD would go beyond the Sonic Rainboom even if it crippled her wings forever afterwards if she felt deep down it was something she needed to do. Its this determination that allows her to perform the Sonic Rainboom.

And even if she is the fastest (which she probably is, she trains enough), it doesn't mean she'll always be the fastest. Someone will beat her eventually. She knows that. But she's going to set the bar as high as possible for the pegesi that achieves iit.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...