Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Rainbow Dash REALLY the fastest character in Equestria?

Everleaf

Technically, somepony like Discord, who can teleport just about anywhere, is the fastest.

But in terms of actual physical flight, RD's wingpower > Discord's wingpower, probably.

To add, not according to the comics. Discord was able to move all the way from Horseshoe Nebula or whatever is called back to Equestria in around 3-4 weeks time for his daily monthly hangout with Fluttershy in issue 24. This measure of speed easily places him at massive FTL speed as the distance between Horsehead Nebula and Earth (which is likely the same distance between Horseshoe Nebula and Equestria considering their circumstances in the series) is around 1500 lightyears from Earth.

Edited by Nuke87654

wellll i guess another pony could still be faster than this but smart physics bronies can gather the following

which pretty much means that rainbow dash can go faster than physically possible

post-29103-0-30521700-1418503756_thumb.jpg

Last time I checked, Dashie could fly up to mach 5. Only the manned X-15, any of the space shuttles or the unmanned X-23 aircraft can overtake Rainbow Dash. And that was before RD hits the Rainboom. As of Season 1, that doubles her speed to mach 10. As of Canterlot Wedding pt.2, based on her ability to hit the rainboom at an angle against gravity, she would have to be flying at around mach 51, faster than any man made object. 

She won the young flyers competition once, right? Can't say it was a speed race though. It's more of an unofficial title of hers which adds to the ego (lol), but have we met anyone who has "challenged" her to an actual race?

Well we haven't seen either a unicorn or pegasus that has speed for a cutiemark and if your like me a pony like that has to exist weither canon or non-canon and if a pony with a speed cutiemark weither canon or not exists the cutiemark represents the pony will be able to control their speed that means any mock they want so that means they can go faster then RD.

Don't forget Fleetfoot is faster than Spitfire. Even Rapidfire is possibly faster than Spitfire.

Fleetfoot won the Wonderbolts Derby (Spitfire attended) in Sweet and Elite, and Dashie knew that she was faster

I think the bottom line, if it helps, is that if Rainbow flew the same distance in less time than Spitfire, she's faster than Spitfire. And we know that she gained ground on Spitfire to lose by that marginal distance, because we saw that Fluttershy and Bulk didn't keep it that close.

Edited by The Second Opinion

• 1 month later...

Well don't get me wrong myself I do think so however what do you guys think? is Rainbow Dash the fastest? or is there a pony in Equestria faster? img-2891126-1-2958411-4353041353-Rainb.p

If she's the fastest why isn't she a wonderbolt yet? do not throw wonderbolt academy episode references at me

They don't call her 'Rainbow' and 'Dash' for nothin'

Fastest flier. She's the fastest flier in equestria.

If she's the only one to have been able to preform a sonic rainboom, I don't see how she isn't. Because I imagine a very skilled flier would also try themselves to do it.

Yep, she's the fastest. She's the only one whose ever gone fast enough to do a sonic rainboom. 

Didn't Twilight do something like that in one episode though? She made a "Sonic Sparkleboom" or whatever you wanna call it.

Whether or not we want to include that... Pinkie was able to basically teleport around and beat RD to places, so while I think she is the fastest flier the fastest creature is still up for debate

Okay, seriously everyone?
Does it not occur to anyone here that maybe a Sonic Rainboom can maybe only be done by a rainbow pegasus? Are you seriously thinking that anyone going fast enough could make a rainbow in the air?

Here's the quote:
"When a Pegasus like Rainbow Dash gets going sooo fast... BOOM! A sonic boom and a rainbow can happen all at once!"

Even discounting "a pegasus like Rainbow Dash" (which could be interpreted to mean "a rainbow pegasus" or just "a pegasus", though I see it as the former for obvious reasons), this tells us two things. One, sonic booms happen, and aren't unknown. Two, the Sonic Rainboom is legendary because it's both a sonic boom and a rainbow at the same time. As such, it's fairly obvious that other pegasi can break the sound barrier.

I'd bet money that Spitfire can.

post-31545-0-39868900-1422060450_thumb.jpg