Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favorite Cat?

Frosty Nerd

I couldn't find a thread about favorite cats. What is your favorite breed of cat? How adorable are cats? How cute are cats? How cuddly are cats? How fluffy wuffy are cats? How warm are cats? I love cats! :wub:

What is your favorite kind of cat?

I like domestic short hairs (that's cat speak for "mutt"). I like black cats.

catpaw.jpgblack-cat-rescue.jpg

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

I have a cat that looks almost identical to that second one. He's so cute, cuddly and fluffy! Although he does shed quite a bit... Oh well. :catface:

And I love any kind of kitty, but Scottish Folds are pretty darn cute. Also Persians, SO FLUFFY I'M GONNA DIE!

Edited by Tweedle Dee

Scully is my favorite cat.

Dear God I can't believe I'm actually posting this.

*closing eyes*

257875_1722216024528_5786686_o.jpg

• Brohoof 7

My favorite breed is the Norwegian Forest cat, cause that's what breed my cat is :3 They are friendly, quick, intelligent cats, who were raised by Vikings in Norway long ago to chase off mice that were aboard their ships. They also have extra fur between their twos which work as snowshoes, and thick pelt, since they were adapted to very cold climates. I think that they are a really interesting breed of cats and I love them :wub:

This one looks identical to my cat:

b8c0d04507538a623498f3ca93452c72.jpg

• Brohoof 1

I like a wide variety of cats, especially fluffy cats.

None of our barn cats are really fluffy though but that's alright. We don't have any animals in the house, just cats around our farm. :P

In terms of breeds, I guess the American Shorthair is my favorite. All the different markings and color patterns are beautiful. :wub:

(edited)

my kitties of course.... :wub: :wub:

2ign5ec.jpg

Treben and Nekkhalen. Both shorthaired cats. Treben is all black while Nekkhalen is a hybrid with Bengal, hence the marbled coat. LOVE his coat. I have never seen a cat like him. His personality is even more lovable too. Treben is a bit of a whiny, selfish cat, but he loves me and has jealousy issues with my husband. He is nice to me and has grown close to Nekkhalen but isn't too keen on anyone else (he just deals with attention and/or watches from a distance and then tells me everything after guests have left).

rmr528.jpg

Edited by Treble Bolt
  • Brohoof 3

This is Figgy (short for Figaro). She is 16 years old. We adopted her when she was 6 for my 13th birthday. She lives with my parents. I can't keep her with me because my apartment doesn't allow pets.

These photos were taken in 2009, back when she was younger and healthy. She has been anorexic for the past couple of years  :(

post-23129-0-64314800-1406436130_thumb.jpg

post-23129-0-81515800-1406436162_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 3

I like tabbies :squee:. Because why not :P? I own a gray one with a little orange and brown around here. I've probably posted a pic in that one pet photo topic.

I don't really have a favorite breed....I have four cats (a yellow/white tabby, a grey tabby, a yellow/white/black tortoiseshell and a black cat) and love them all very much.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I currently reside with three cats and their names are Perceptor, Drift, and Bluestreak.  Why the unusual names?  My roommate and I are Transformers fans so it was just natural that our cats’ names would follow suit.

Perceptor aka Percy

Perceptor is a domestic shorthair with a tuxedo pattern.  He is suitably dressed for all occasions.  :D Percy shows empathy when one of us is down, especially my roommate. But most of the time he is rather aloof and not terribly affectionate. He doesn't seem to mind be petted though. Percy has me very well trained.  Whenever he sees me in the bathroom I have to turn the bathtub faucet on for him so he can have a drink.  And one last thing about Percy.  He loves chicken, even more than fish! 

Drift 5e93d1e5-9922-4f3b-8e40-db78e525edb1_zps

Drift is an all white Munchkin longhair with blue eyes.  But don’t worry, he has 20/20 hearing. :)  He also has very short front legs. Drift thinks with his stomach and if he hears either of us in the kitchen he is right there.  You can call him anything you want but don’t call him late for dinner.  He also has some ragdoll traits.  For instance, you can cradle him like a baby and he is quite comfortable in that position.  Drift has a number of strange habits and behaviors.  When he sees us eating, he will make a mock chewing motion to tell us he wants some too.  He is very affectionate with me and my roommate. :wub:  But unfortunately he is afraid of strangers and will run and hide if company comes.  If Drift was a little more sociable with people, we might be able to make an Internet celebrity out of him. 

Bluestreak aka Little Girl

She is a gray tabby domestic shorthair.  Unlike Drift, when visitors come, she is the most likely cat to greet them. She is a real people person cat. She is quite talkative hence her name Bluestreak.  But instead of meowing she is prone to twittering (that’s the only way to describe it). :squee: Little Girl was the last of the three cats to be acquired (a rescue cat, btw) and she seems to feel she plays second fiddle to mommy’s boy (Percy) and daddy’s boy (Drift).  This may be why she tries to intimidate them all the time.  It’s not unusual to see her with a tuft of Drift’s white fur in her mouth.  "But I am innocent I tell you!" 

Anyway, to answer the original question, Domestic shorthairs are my favorite breed even if they are the mutts of the cat world. :)

~I will blog this post later once I can get images of Percy and Little Girl added~

Edited by Wingnut
  • Brohoof 2

I currently reside with three cats and their names are Perceptor, Drift, and Bluestreak. Why the unusual names? My roommate and I are Transformers fans so it was just natural that our cats’ names would follow suit.

Best cat naming convention ever. FYI Bluestreak was my first TF figure back in the early 80's

• Brohoof 1

I’m a massive cat fan, I love Burmese cats and I have two Burmese cats named Polyphony and Purcell who are brother and sister and about two years old in human years.

They both have really silky fur, it’s so super soft: and there both very cuddly which is great because sometimes I like to gently put my head in there fur which is warm and lovely.

Polly is the girl and a lilac torte, she’s great but my buddy is Purrs the boy whose a chocolate

I've posted these same pics of them before so sorry for not having taken any new ones 

^^^ Polly ^^^

^^^ Purrs ^^^