Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Upcoming games

Killian Jones

I see many topics propping up for specific upcoming games. But are there any specific games you guys are excited for? With releases in the near future.

Currently I am waiting for Diablo III, Starcraft II: heart of The Swarm and Torchlight II

Also near the end of the year Borderlands 2

Of the games I've heard are being released within the next...oh, six months or so, Pokemon Black and White 2 stand out. Most other things I'm excited for aren't exactly in the near future.

Amnesia: A feast for Pigs.

Didn't really need to sleep ever again anyway.

Edit: oh and that new baulders gate.

Edited by EldarSteve

I'm not terribly excited for Pokemon Black and White 2, I thought Black and White was dissappointing, the second versions may turn out into a Fable scenario where I will actively not buy Pokemon games anymore.

Guild Wars 2, Diablo III and Torchlight II. Definitely some of the best releases this year, in my opinion.

Going to spend a lot of time with these. Especially GW2 *_*

Diablo lll

Upcoming Zelda titles ( 3DS and Wii U)

Upcoming Mario titles ( 3DS and Wii U)

Upcoming Metroid titles ( 3DS and Wii U)

Torchlight ll

That's my list so far..

• Brohoof 1

Animal Crossing 3DS and Paper Mario 3DS.

I can't believe I'm still waiting for them. =/

Same, although i want Paper Mario 3DS so badly, Paper Mario

is one of my favorite childhood games, i am so excited

its going back to turned based battles.

Episode 3! >_> Diablo 3, GW2 (not sure if i'll get but it looks interesting), Halo 4, Borderlands 2, Assassin's Creed 3, and (while not really a game) the Evochron Mercenary expansion pack. That thing looks stinking incredible.

I'm not terribly excited for Pokemon Black and White 2, I thought Black and White was dissappointing, the second versions may turn out into a Fable scenario where I will actively not buy Pokemon games anymore.

There were definitely some parts I thought could use improvement. I would have preferred a lot of HeartGold and SoulSilver's features be kept, like Pokemon following behind you and the touchscreen-centric controls. I also think the back sprites could be a lot...smoother. The story was a bit linear, too. The thing is, there was a lot that I enjoyed about the games. I thought the plot was fairly well done, I love the animated sprites and all the little quirks they have (eyes close when asleep), and I, for one, actually like most of the new Pokemon. BW2 will, in all likelihood, improve on or add a bunch of cool stuff, probably at least slightly delineating the story, possibly changing the primary function of the touch screen (though I'm not counting on it), and adding move tutors and maybe new areas. They also may or may not be direct sequels rather than updated rehashes. In any case, I'm eager to see what direction Gamefreak takes, and will definitely at least give it a chance.

• Brohoof 1

There were definitely some parts I thought could use improvement. I would have preferred a lot of HeartGold and SoulSilver's features be kept, like Pokemon following behind you and the touchscreen-centric controls. I also think the back sprites could be a lot...smoother. The story was a bit linear, too. The thing is, there was a lot that I enjoyed about the games. I thought the plot was fairly well done, I love the animated sprites and all the little quirks they have (eyes close when asleep), and I, for one, actually like most of the new Pokemon. BW2 will, in all likelihood, improve on or add a bunch of cool stuff, probably at least slightly delineating the story, possibly changing the primary function of the touch screen (though I'm not counting on it), and adding move tutors and maybe new areas. They also may or may not be direct sequels rather than updated rehashes. In any case, I'm eager to see what direction Gamefreak takes, and will definitely at least give it a chance.

The issue for me is that once I finished the Pokemon League, that game was done, completely, there was nothing really to do. I didn't feel like playing at all. I haven't touched that game at all anymore, because I see no point.

The Battle subway is boring and the right side of the map isn't worth exploring.

HeartGold and SoulSilver had the right idea, adding a whole area to explore in an open world fashion. Adding something similar would be really fun. But I don't see that happening, as Pokemon Black and White was heralded as the best game in the series.

There were neat UI upgrades, but they did not improve the overall gameplay or tickle my reasons for playing Pokemon. In fact I had more fun playing Diamond and Pearl then Black and White.

To me they could add far more decision to the game, and up the challenge by perhaps adding different training areas.

Another thing I want to point out is constricting the amount of Pokemon we could use. I felt strangled into using the new ones. And couldn't use old favourites. One of the great strengths is the abundance of choice, having less choice really doesn't help the game. The designers could add some more choice and perhaps some areas to accentuate this choice.

I'll likely try Black and White 2, but it's a last grasp, because I hope it'll be better. But I doubt it.

The issue for me is that once I finished the Pokemon League, that game was done, completely, there was nothing really to do. I didn't feel like playing at all. I haven't touched that game at all anymore, because I see no point.

The Battle subway is boring and the right side of the map isn't worth exploring.

HeartGold and SoulSilver had the right idea, adding a whole area to explore in an open world fashion. Adding something similar would be really fun. But I don't see that happening, as Pokemon Black and White was heralded as the best game in the series.

There were neat UI upgrades, but they did not improve the overall gameplay or tickle my reasons for playing Pokemon. In fact I had more fun playing Diamond and Pearl then Black and White.

To me they could add far more decision to the game, and up the challenge by perhaps adding different training areas.

Another thing I want to point out is constricting the amount of Pokemon we could use. I felt strangled into using the new ones. And couldn't use old favourites. One of the great strengths is the abundance of choice, having less choice really doesn't help the game. The designers could add some more choice and perhaps some areas to accentuate this choice.

I'll likely try Black and White 2, but it's a last grasp, because I hope it'll be better. But I doubt it.

Think about past Pokemon games: the beginning of a generation often has a lacking postgame. Ruby and Sapphire? The only post-E4 area was the Battle Tower. Emerald brought the whole Battle Frontier, and with it a ton of replay value. Diamond and Pearl did have more to do than the average early gen games, though.

Black and White were also meant to be analogous to Red and Blue, which also limited you to 150+1 event. Black and White give 150+6 events (Victini, Zorua, Zoroark, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect) and swarms, fishing, and new areas all give access to older Pokemon. Them and Kyurem are pretty much the only reasons to go to that side of the map, but BW2 could add some story to it a la the Sevii Islands or something. Either way, every odd generation generally limits your choice of older Pokemon because of the greater amount of new Pokemon. If you could use old favorites, who's to say anyone would try the new ones?

I try to think of it in terms of the Pokemon generational formula: Start with two new games that could definitely be improved upon, release improved game(s) with more to see, catch, and do both pre- and post-E4 in the same region, release remakes of two generation-old games. Following this, they will, in all likelihood, be better.

• Brohoof 2

Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations is out already... Haven't gotten it yet. (insert "Soon....." meme here)

Still waiting for the release of:

*Resident Evil 6

*Bioshock Infinite

*Tekken Tag Tournament 2

*Assassin's Creed 3

*Ninja Gaiden 3

--And I'm hoping to Celestia that Valve announces Portal 3.

Think about past Pokemon games: the beginning of a generation often has a lacking postgame. Ruby and Sapphire? The only post-E4 area was the Battle Tower. Emerald brought the whole Battle Frontier, and with it a ton of replay value. Diamond and Pearl did have more to do than the average early gen games, though.

Black and White were also meant to be analogous to Red and Blue, which also limited you to 150+1 event. Black and White give 150+6 events (Victini, Zorua, Zoroark, Keldeo, Meloetta, Genesect) and swarms, fishing, and new areas all give access to older Pokemon. Them and Kyurem are pretty much the only reasons to go to that side of the map, but BW2 could add some story to it a la the Sevii Islands or something. Either way, every odd generation generally limits your choice of older Pokemon because of the greater amount of new Pokemon. If you could use old favorites, who's to say anyone would try the new ones?

I try to think of it in terms of the Pokemon generational formula: Start with two new games that could definitely be improved upon, release improved game(s) with more to see, catch, and do both pre- and post-E4 in the same region, release remakes of two generation-old games. Following this, they will, in all likelihood, be better.

I never said all the games did it particularly well, but I feel you underestimate the importance of having good post league content. Even if every odd generation so far has failed to live up to this is not a good reason, every game should be good. Honestly Gold and Silver to me were the best games that did this and HeartGold and Soulsilver are excellent remakes.

Somehow the lessons there weren't pulled through in Black and White.

I never said all the games did it particularly well, but I feel you underestimate the importance of having good post league content. Even if every odd generation so far has failed to live up to this is not a good reason, every game should be good. Honestly Gold and Silver to me were the best games that did this and HeartGold and Soulsilver are excellent remakes.

Somehow the lessons there weren't pulled through in Black and White.

I don't know...I liked Gold and Silver, but was it really necessary to go back to the Kanto region when we were just there the previous generation? :/

I don't know...I liked Gold and Silver, but was it really necessary to go back to the Kanto region when we were just there the previous generation? :/

It's not necessary that is IS Kanto, but it felt nice and worthwhile, because it felt like I had something to do after I finished the Pokemon league.

• Brohoof 1