Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are all anti-bronies bad

Everleaf

First I will show you

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YNT9wzUrhOI/mqdefault.jpg

at first this got me thinking are all anti-bronies all that bad I have come across reasonable anti-bronies even if I do not 100% agree they at least have their reasons and keep it calm than to rage

I understand many anti-bronies just lash out for the littlest of reasons and seems to be childish but then again as far as I know not all anti-bronies are like that as far as I know

although I can't agree with most the stuff they say or not 100% I can see why some dislike our fandom although I myself don't mind the flaws

so I guess what you guys think anyway? are all anti-bronies bad? if you have met a reasonable one drop down their reasons down below. 

• Brohoof 2

From my experience, No. not all "anti bronies" are bad. Theres a large spectrum of "non bronies" (i prefer non than anti, anti seams to incline they are haters.) One the side closer to bronies on this spectrum, we have non bronies who dislike the show for what ever reason but still tolerate it and the fandom. Then We have the otherside, which is the infamous hater, who spends time picking on the show and the fandom. Allthough on first look there appears to be a lot of hatters, i believe that the non bronies on the spectrum closer to us, participate less in discussions and flames wars giving us the impression of hater dominance. If we take this "non participation" into account we can see that not all non bronies are bad, some are but hay its like a orchard, your allways gonna have bad apples

Edited by Frozen The Unicorn

Are anti-bronies bad? Yes.

Are all people who don't like bronies/mlp bad? Hell no!

See, the thing about anti-bronies is that they are called "anti-bronies" for a reason; They dislike the show & fandom enough to actually actively be against us. Therefore, they are going to, in our eyes, be bad.

However, not everyone who is against bronies/mlp is a bad person. I have plenty of friends who don't enjoy the show (though they don't know about me being a brony, #ClosetBrony), & not one of them are angry, vengeful people. In fact, they can be quite enjoyable, even more so than some bronies I know, to the point they do the "love & tolerate" mantra better than a lot of bronies I see. These people usually have good reasons for not liking the show, & may call themselves anti-bronies, but personally unless they actively come to sites like this or post anti-brony stuff on their facebook & twitter & what-have-you, they truly aren't the full anti-brony package. Whether they dislike the show because of the animation, the characters and/or just the concept, they just don't like it. And there isn't anything WRONG with that, truthfully. They just don't like something, oh no, apocalypse I know!

Basically what I am trying to say is that, while the truly vicious anti-bronies are bad, it is just like every community; There are going to be those who just yell the loudest for attention, while in the background the calmer people who are willing to just accept their & others' opinions sit back & enjoy the show. I personally am going to enjoy the show, along with some of my non-brony friends. Will you?

Edited by KokuraiNoSenshi
  • Brohoof 8

i'd say anti bronies are bad because they pick at the show and the fan's flaws, they look for the worst of our fandom and then rub it in our faces but then back in the day this also happened with pokemon and with harry potter, there's this whole video on the youtube that has christen mothers concerned about if ponies are the product of satan because they'll turn your son gay or something like that, haters are going to always hate and rain on the parade of good literature, entertainment and just plain ol' good storytelling however with that being said if there are haters for a fandom that means that the fandom is a good one and will last forever in time so that's the bright side of the hate when you think about it :)

Well, not all people that don't watch MLP are bad. 

To me, you can categorize people who don't watch mlp in two sections: non-bronies and anti-bronies. Non bronies are the people that just don't watch mlp and in general don't have anything against bronies. The anti-bronies are the people that go out and actively seek bronies, make videos to insult bronies, etc etc.  

Non bronies aren't bad, because they simply don't like mlp. Its just a opinion. The anti-bronies are just people who have no life, and decide to make our life as difficult as possible

Then again, I know someone who likes MLP, but doesn't want to be labled a brony, because of the bad name bronies have. Because even though I think most anti-bronies are pathetic, some of them have good reasons to dislike bronies, and don't go out to insult EVERY brony, just the annoying bronies

Its kinda difficult to answer

Edited by ponytheorist
  • Brohoof 2

Hating and simply not liking is very different things.

Hating (on the internet) is just a way to make time pass for people with bad language and low communication skills.

Not liking is just not liking something and that does not harm anyone.

• Brohoof 6

Anti implies against, so someone who is actively against bronies would be bad to a brony, if the brony cares to begin with.

Someone who doesn't care about bronies or doesn't like them (which doesn't immediately mean 'hate') would be more suited to be called a non-brony, if a label is necessary.

The "anti-brony" in the video (if he doesn't hate them, he would be considered a non-brony) is a bit ridiculous, by the way. Angry becuase of ponification, and disliking the base show for it? Sounds pretty childish. Oh no! Something I wasn't looking for appeared! Since it's there, I have to complain!

And apparently what some bronies do, all bronies do.

• Brohoof 2

I highly doubt all anti-Bronies are bad. It goes against all I stand for.

Anit also means opposed. There is a contextual difference between calling someone the enemy and calling someone the opposition. I think people fail to understand the complexity of human motivation sometimes.

Silly labels, go home ... You're drunk.

• Brohoof 2

The "anti-brony" in the video (if he doesn't hate them, he would be considered a non-brony) is a bit ridiculous, by the way. Angry becuase of ponification, and disliking the base show for it? Sounds pretty childish. Oh no! Something I wasn't looking for appeared! Since it's there, I have to complain!

Not even that alone. People get mad because of ponifications/crossovers, and then blame bronies for finding that stuff. You know, because bronies control what your search engine brings up. It's honestly a hilariously terrible argument.

Are all Anti-Bronies bad? I don't know. Not really. Some people just like to label themselves. What bothers me is how some (read: a lot of them) act like what happens on the internet actually matters to them. Or well, it doesn't bother me, really. In fact, I don't really give a shit.

Edited by Prazza // Cerberus
  • Brohoof 1

No, I wouldn't say all anti-bronies are bad. Heck, I think some are down-right civil.

The only ones I would call 'bad' are those who have an illogical hatred for the fanbase itself; a hatred that has no true meaning or purpose.

It's a crap shoot, but I will agree that no all anti-ponies peoples are all badz. X3 (Bad grammar on purpose, ish hyper X3)

But seriously though, there are some that just are not interested in being part of the pony fandom. They don't mind if there are pony fans and typically will leave us alone. Only the ones who will hate on us are the bad kinds.

It's kinda like the furry fandom really only there are more anti-furry kinds that are haters than civil ones sadly. Yes, I'm also a furry fan, but I'm a brony as a double over.  :lol:

I'm super open minded, so I can welcome most things without judgement. Even if I'm not a fan of it.  :P

Edited by Sadist the Wanderer

Not all anti-bronies are bad. That's saying that everyone except bronies are bad. Everyone has their own free will to do what they please when they please. Power of reasoning is what separates us from animals. Though not all anti bronies are bad, there is that one little prick who calls the men part of the fandom gay and childish when they are the one's being childish. It's my number one pet peeve except for my nails scratching paper. I have many friends that don't like bronies or don't even know that they exist. But regardless they are good friends even if they don't have the same viewing as I do.

There is a difference between haters and dislikers.

Dislikers usually are people not comfortable with their opposition, but respect their subjects and do not go out of the way harming others to get other people to behave in the "desired" way. They do state out their reasons, but they normally do not generalize. In short, they express disapprove, but they don't harm.

Haters are at a completely different level. They go out of the way harming others mentally and often physically. They can't keep their opinions to themselves and just have to force others to conform to them, they often generalize certain rare "bad" traits (which usually aren't statically proven or are simply made up) to the whole fandom. In short, they express extremist like disapprove, and they harm.

I'm okay with the former and respect them, as for the latter, I am their nightmare.

• Brohoof 1

Not all anti bronies are bad. Some might not personally like bronies, but at least except it. Plus, there' just non bronies who don't care. Honestly, I don't find a person who doesn't agree with me a bad person. I might not agree with their mindset but I won't hate them for it.

People who actively go out and attack brony sites/posts giving no justification on why they dislike the show are bad, definitely. What they don't realize is that they're appearing ten times more idiotic than they claim we are.

Anti-bronies who keep it to themselves aren't so bad. It's their opinion after all, and they're not spreading needless hate. It also helps to have a good reason for having a problem with the show too, instead of just saying we're gay or whatever.

Edited by Dr. Frasier Crane
  • Brohoof 2

Yes, there is no good (or common decency) in a bunch of cyber bullies who rally together under ridiculous names and wave a banner around with a pony's head on a pole spike praising humanity, there is only varying degrees of bad and that ranges from minor flamebaiting to severe incomprehensible delusion. It's humorous to watch them tell people otherwise while they are being vulgar and uncouth in the process, because being interested in sociology and psychology, I have no idea what it is about a TV show that drives someone to such hatred until they qualify for a padded cell. It tells a lot about a person who joins such group whose goals typically involve 'erasing' an entire community from the internet, because if you are rationally sane... you would know it's impossible.

Those who are respectful, sane, and smart enough to resent the show and its fandom don't usually wear the label anti-brony and I perfectly understand that. I had a couple of friends who were rationally opposed to the show and considered it offensive to call them such.

There is a difference between someone not liking the show and a anti-brony. One usually displays respect, the other one doesn't.

I've met a few that arnt too bad. They only hate the bronies that onlyvtalk ponies, the ones with no backbone, and/or get all pissed off over people that say anything bad towards the show or characters.

I guess it depends on how you're defining anti-brony. I don't really care when people don't like the show. That's no problem to me. It don't really even have a problem when people dislike bronies, though I may sometimes try to change their mind. It becomes a problem when people go out of their way to harass MLP fans. Those are the people who I would call anti-bronies, and I consider what they do to be bad behavior.

Well MLP and the brony community aren't some kind of absolute good, so people who dislike the show and the fandom can't properly be called bad. There certainly are some "anti-bronies" who take things a bit too far and end up hurting people, but I can't see how there's anything truly wrong or bad about being against a TV show.

Probably because there aren't as many bronies as 2 years ago.

Not true at all. There's been a steady increase in the fandom over the past several months, and you're seeing various conventions increase in size and attendance. (One of them, BronyCon, had 1,200 more attendees this year than last, nearly eclipsing 10,000.) Thanks to the successful season four (especially Twilight's Kingdom), you're bound to see a much larger fandom.

Not true at all. There's been a steady increase in the fandom over the past several months, and you're seeing various conventions increase in size and attendance. (One of them, BronyCon, had 1,200 more attendees this year than last, nearly eclipsing 10,000.) Thanks to the successful season four (especially Twilight's Kingdom), you're bound to see a much larger fandom.

Beat me to the punch. Was going to say exactly this.

If anyone is seeing less Brony hatred, it's probably just because it's not becoming as popular or fun to hate on Bronies as it once was. We're kind of dropping a bit out of their sights, so to speak. After all, Naruto and Sonic used to be the popular things to hate on, and while there is still disdain for them, the jokes have died down to nothing more than passive joking at best.

The same thing will happen to Bronies, especially if something else that's popular to hate on comes along next.

As for my thoughts on anti-Bronies...

I find them funny, so I don't really think about whether or not they're bad people. I find it hard to judge a person based solely upon them not liking a show, even if they are filled with venom toward the show and the fandom. I dunno, I just find some of the anti-Brony stuff funny. Call me a sadist if you have to.

The activity in lots and lots of brony threads in other forums are huge, but still significantly lower than 2 years before. At the same time, I've seen less thread of people whining about bronies in those forums. Both sides have decreased over time.

Yeah, BronyCon increased in attendance (not nearly like the 4000 att. increments from the past 2 cons but an increase nonetheless), but I think that obeys more to the fact that some smaller cons (and Equestria LA) have now closed.