Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ever had a stress dream?

Phoenix Flair

You know the kind of dream that isn't quite scary, not a nightmare, but still gets your heart pounding, the kind that you wake up from and think "Thank god none of that was true"?  I get these stress dreams all the time, usually personalized by recent or upcoming issues, but sometimes reoccurring.  What are some of yours?

I've had the same dream every time a college semester is about to start: I go through a typical high school first day and I'm late to every class and get a ton of homework.  Of course, it's horrible, but then at some point I remember that I signed up for college classes as well, and somehow I'm going to have to keep up with a high school and college schedule at the same time.  This one takes a while to wear off.

Or there's this other one I have every night after babysitting, that the job is still going on, and endless.  Usually one of the kids is constantly vomiting or otherwise making a mess, and I have to keep cleaning up after them while making sure the other kid doesn't jump off the roof or something.

What are some of your worst stress dreams?

• Brohoof 2

I don't get stress dreams. Even when I have nightmares I wake up relaxed. I don't know what it is but I just really like dreaming. My nights are more restless without them.

Last night I had a dream where I was trying to make poached eggs for Gordon Ramsay but I kept nicking the egg every single time. That was pretty stressful.

That's the last time I watch Master Chef before bed... :maud:

• Brohoof 2

Yeah, sometimes I do.  I often dream I am at work and I have an impossible task to get accomplished with a very tight deadline.  And then there's papers all over the place and the copiers aren't working.  Ugh, what a mess.  My job can get hectic at times but thankfully it's rarely that bad.  :P 

Oh yes! One recurring one is that I am going someplace important to do something urgent that if it isn't done right away something bad will happen. When I get there ready to do whatever I reach into my pocket to get something I need ... and it's not there. I forgot it. I failed.

There are a lot of something's because either tge specifics are not described in the dream, or I've forgotten them.

Yeah ... I hate that dream

I woke up in tears the other week, my heart jumping and feeling like a brick of cement.

The dream involved a broken bridge that was having construction done to it, but it had an elevator that carried you down to a forest clearing then there were forest trails where you could run free and away from the broken bridge

There's more to it than that, but that's all I'm comfortable sharing

As for the general feeling of "omg I'm so glad that dream wasn't real" that happens quite frequently~ sometimes it's just random bizarre concepts, others its bad stuff or something good, that wouldn't be good for reality x3

As a matter of fact, there was this one time before a big math test, where i dreamed i was taking the test. I dreamed the problem i was presented with was something like "Dana just married to John. Using this info, how will she name her first child?". I don't know why, maybe it was because i was dreaming so i wasn't entirely perceptive, but i actually believed that was a legit question that'll decide whether i pass the test or not, so i started panicking.

You've no idea how much relief i felt when i woke up.

In the last math-related dream I remember, I was solving differential equations and I had discovered this one big thing. It was something like the integral of a nasty-looking equation relating Euler's number, Pi, and sines and cosines. When I solved the equation, it all came out to be something simple, like 1/2. I went back to check my work, and I had surprised myself. I went back and I found that Euler's number is equal to 1. I thought I had made some big discovery, and I started getting pretty excited.

Then I woke up and realized that all the math was wrong. Very, very wrong. :(

Still, it makes for a good story, though. This is why you shouldn't do math in your sleep.

I have oh goodness!

I had a long week of work, two of my days were random call ins and my store where i worked at got robbed and we lost employees, quitting due to the incident. Point being I was exhausted and went to bed early around 10pm.

I dropped dead into a deep sleep instantly. Little did I know that I talked in my sleep.

My husband claimed that I said while heavily sleeping and twisting and turning... "Screw this I'm going to bed!" He laughed pretty good but it didn't wake me. He just knew I was stressed out from work and I guess it was an impulse that I needed the sleep badly.

Eeyup :mellow:. Probably a dream in which I felt I was overloaded at school, or I had something due soon, only to wake up and be excused from doing it :P.

Getting attacked by a tiger always instantly woke me up with my heart pounding. Erm....sleep paralysis has the same effect sometimes.