Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Favourite & Recommended Fanfictions

Slendermane

One of my favorite youtubers did a video about shipping and I am just like him, I don't understand it at all and I don't see the appeal in taking two characters and writing romance about them

Guess I could post my two up. Both HiE's.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8286694/1/A-Different-World

Description: When one of Twilight's spells goes wrong, two humans get sent to Equestria. However, it won't all be fun and games as a certain chaotic enemy gets released. Follow these two humans as they help fight this new threat, as well as adapt to life in Equestria.

I try to update that one at least once a week.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8461647/1/A-new-different-better-life

Description: When 14 year old Brandy Mickle has nowhere else to turn, he kills himself, at least he thinks he did. However, waking up in a world filled with ponies was not expected, especially if they're all from a certain show he watched. Now in a world he has always dreamed of being in, what we will do? What will find out? Did he really kill himself? Or is something or someone behind this?

That one usually gets updated randomly. Possibly around once a month.

They're good. Not as great as some of the other ones out there, but good. Something to keep bookmarked or something similar incase you ever run out of stories and you want something to read.

Imma gonna get in this! I'm sorry for the lack of links, but there's just too many! Also, sorry for the yellow parts in advance. This is a copy paste in message I did in Fanfiction, but I had to translate most of it from Spanish to English, for you non-Spanish speakers :lol: .

"Much Ahoof About Nothing". It's a shipping of twilight and Celestia, but the fact it's well written and the amount of facehoof worthy situations makes up for that :lol:.

"Expectations". This is fic where Twilight goes alicorn. The thing that really caught me in this story, is the feelings of each character. You REALLY fee for them. I can give you that much. I saw sometimes where my heart rate went slightly up ^_^.

"Far From Home". This fic is one of Humans in Equestria. With Lyra as her human obssessed being. So, what's the interesting part? It also involves a secret organization called The Inquisition which DOESN'T like humans. At all. The human involved is also original.

"Smoke and Mirrors". A story about a changeling who lost her horn after the events in Canterlot Wedding, and now must find a way to live in Ponyville...being found by none other than Pinkie pie and Fluttershy. A good plot, lots of hilarious moments, and it's decend amount of action makes this a great story.

"Post Nuptials" and it's more recent sequel "Families". Both deal with the lingering feelings of some of the mane 6, and others, after the events of Canterlot Wedding. There's a lot of drama, and actually, well developed reasons to get them like so worried in their minds.

"My Only Sunshine". A sad story involving Derpy Hooves, Carrot Top...and Dinky Hooves, who has a terrible accident in the street. This really made me quite sad :(.

"Fixing up Miss Smartypants" This could probably be considered a shipping fic, but the amount of facehoof situations that your head will hurt after a while. Trust me, I know.

"Three Magics" This is the "technical" sequel to "Fixing up Miss Smartypants", as it references it heavily. However, the intriguing thing is the plot point it installs. A very original "What if" situation involving Twilight and her magic obssessed studies.

"Upon Wings of Sacrifice". A story that updates VERY slow. But the few things that is written so far is worth it. A shipping story involving Applejack and Rainbow Dash involving the sacrifice of one of them, and then, the other doing whatever it takes to bring the first one back. The feels in this one are also very strong.

"The Judas Kiss". This IS a shipping fic...sort of. If you recognize the name Judas, then you know betrayal is involved. Such is that, that one commits it, making the other leave...and the one who betraye to set it straight again.

"Pillow Thoughts " and it's sequel "Pillow Thoughts II". This is an Applejack X Rainbow Dash shipping...buuuuuuut, it has a lot more things to it, plus, even adventure installed in it. It's well written in my opinion.

The entire saga of the "Leap of Faith" series, involving a total of 6 stories. Each deals with a shipping, but very different ways as it progresses.

"Apples n' Wrenches". This one is a shipping fic of Applejack and an OC. However, I think the plot involving the whole story and the amount of "DAWWW", "DOH" and facehoof moments is great.

"It Takes a Village" This is a story about a grown up Spike, and his future in Ponyville. It's really interesting, somewhat long, and it really does a good job at making a future scene for this kind of situation.

"Strictly Draconic". A two-shot fic where Twilight decides to become a dragon to understand Spike, after the latter went through a very uncomfortable moment...needless to say, not everything goes totally according to plan.

"My Final Letter to Princess Celestia". One-shot that is exactly what the title says. A great "What if" sceneario for Twilight's would-be last letter.

"When I'm no longer here". A one-shot fic that that takes Spike after his 100 year nap...and what happens when he wakes up. It's sad, but it's cute in the end.

"Looney Ponies: Friendship is Looney". Also in a hiatus ever since a LONG while, but it's pretty much self-explanatory. Discord is back, and what better idea than to call heroes who can be just as crazy as Discord can be...even though, the Looney Tunes weren't exactly the expected heroes :lol:.

The last fics I would recommend, would be Beating the Heat, the fic that made me laugh SO much it made me fall of my chair SEVERAL times. IT does however, contain more comedy and innuendo than friggin Two and A Half Men. And if you've seen the show, you know just how much I mean :lol: . Not recommended for those who are afraid of mind corruptions. It's teen, but it's borderline teen, to be honest :lol: .

Another would be Background Pony, one of the best prose stories I've ever seen in my entire life. Long one, but it makes with a pretty interesting plot point around Lyra. Trust me, if you have time, you'll find it very enjoyable.

And finally, of course, My Little Dashie. Overrated or not, rushed or not, it's still a classic to read, and it has enough feels for most of the people, and a definite read for those who, aside from putting Rainbow Dash in the Earth, also like a daughter/father relatioship develop.

Edited by Arcanel

This thread appears to be related to the My Little Pony franchise and/or the Bronydom in general. Thus, it has been sentenced to Sugarcube Corner.

This is an automatically generated message, by the way.

I would like to add that Octavia's Hall is for work you've created, not for posting others work.

Edited by Dreamwalker
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbooms and Royalty

What if Dash became Celestia's student instead of Twilight? It's a reimagining of the pilot episodes with some great bonuses. It uses Shining Armor well, ramps their proving of their elements up to eleven, has some great references spliced throughout ( with an AWESOME justice league one) and turns zecora into the most badass character ever. All in all funny, cute, in character and a fic well worth a read

I forgot exactly who it was who said it but I am currently reading Smoke and Mirrors (the one about the changeling in ponyville) and it is very good. I think i laughed hardest at the line that fluttershy says, “Pinkie Pie is hosting the party, so she’ll be there to help you. And if it gets to be too much for you, you and I can leave on the pretense of social anxiety. How’s that?”

Time to recommend another fanfic. If you want a short, slice of life fanfic, then I recommend "Sunny Skies All Day Long" or "The Battle of Fort Book". However, I hope to gain permission from the other RPers in a certain RP if I can bring it up as a fan-fic.

This thread is a bit old but I decided to revive it instead of posting a new one.

I just wanted to share this amazing story that I've been reading for a couple of months now. It's called Background Pony and it's written by shortskirtsandexplosions. It's probably the best fanfic I've ever read. It's so gripping and exciting and it makes you think a lot. It's quite long (365k words and still counting) but it's definitely worth reading!

Has anyone else read it?

I actually haven't read much Pony fanfiction, but my to-read list is extremely huge. I really need to start working on that. The first one I read was...Cupcakes, I think? I'm not sure now. It was either Cupcakes or Rainbow Factory. Cupcakes as alright, but I actually really liked Rainbow Factory. I'm currently reading The End of Ponies and that one is really good. I'm 12 or 13 chapters in and I am really liking it. Out of that one's I've read I have to say Rainbow Factory and The End of Ponies are my favorites. There was another one, what was it called...The Pursuit of Happiness! That's what it was called. That one was really good. I could almost see it as a timeskip episode, actually.

I don't read much of...well anything let alone stuff about romance. But I decided to give a fanfic a chance and found Vinyl and Octavia: University Days by DawnFade on fimfiction.net It hasn't been compleated yet and I'm starting to go insane waiting for the update. I've also started to read Allegrezza by CoffeeGrunt. Its pretty good so far.

My favorite shipfic is either Sweet Nothings or A Most Unusual Reading Buddy

For a regular fic I have to say Rainbooms and Royalty. Just fantastic through and through

For comedy you can't beat But the Kitchen Sink and The Life and Times of a Winning Pony

No offense, but that's not a very good reason to dislike fanfics.

Yours Truly may be a shipping fanfic, but it's unbelievably beautiful and sad.

Romance isn't something to just "skip" over.

But, whatever floats in your boat. All I have to say is that you're missing out on one of the greatest fanfics ever written. (IMO XD)

I just remmbered why i skip over anything shipping and romance. I had a bad first fanfic impression that I suppressed until recently. (it was brought back when I looked up *shudders* The Sweet Apple Massacre) The first fanfiction I read was a clopfic and I was so horrified my mind makes me subconsciously skip anything with shipping in the description.

The Birds and the Bees

The CMC try to figure out where foals come from. Hilarity ensues. Bonus points for feeling like it could be an actual episode. Rated everyone so nothing remotely risqué

"Fanfic Recommendations Thread" has been merged with "What are some fanfics you ponies can recommend me?", as they both have the same purpose and goal of recommending fanfictions. Furthermore, this topic has afterwords been merged with 'Recommended Fanfictions', since both topics more or less ask people to post fanfictions they really like.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~

Hey guys, I'm back. Sorry that I've been gone so long, but I haven't had a lot of time. This summer I've been reading a lot of Fallout Equestria Project Horizens and Conversion Bureau stories (especially the stories by Chatoyance.) However my To Read list keeps getting longer and longer.

Lately I've been reading I Forgot I Was There

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/15083/I-Forgot-I-Was-There

and The Soul of a Pony

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/49995/The-Soul-of-a-Pony

I Forgot I Was There is about Twilight casting a spell that splits herself in two. Now the two Twilights are having to try to learn how to live with themselves.

The Soul of a Pony is about Twilight looking into the minds of her friends. It seems pretty short, so I think it will end soon.

Fallout Equestria Project Horizons is a masterpiece, just as good as the original, and in some cases even better. I can't wait for the next chapter of Blackjacks story. This is a very dark story, so it's not for the feint of heart.

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2011/08/fallout-equestria-project-horizons.html

Chatoyance's stories are pretty good. Most of them are part of a series called Lost in the Herd. My favorites so far have been 27 Ounces and it's sequel The Taste of Grass. Here is a link to the first story.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/1123/The-Conversion-Bureau%3A-The-Big-Respawn

i really like Fallout: Equestria and Under the Apple Trees (grimdark). Of course a lot of people know about Fallout, but Under the Apple Trees is really, really, really, really X 100 grimdark. Worse than Cupcakes. UTAT is really hard to find unlike FE. I've read it twice now.