Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming 3DS Thread!

LyraHeartstrings

Destructoid did a review of it. http://www.destructo...3d-212056.phtml I wouldn't buy it if I were you.

Or at least wait until it hits the bargain bin.

I've heard good things about Tetris Axis though.

Wow. they roasted this game. Bargain bin sounds like a good idea. I guess nostalgia will have to wait.

Axis looks amazing so good reviews don't really surprise me. I want it mostly for the AR so I can finally put my giant AR card to use.

I feel like link before you gt the adult wallet. I don't have enough money for a 3DS yet.. Oh well, now that there's rumors of a new one with the extra circle pad/triggers built in, I'm gonna wait.

I'm not sure I understand the battle system at this point. From what I've heard it requires you to use single-use stickers to make attacks (not sure if that's true?), which would not be good at all. I hope that isn't true.

If I'm thinking about the same stickers you're talking about, I believe those are just items and not standard attacks. They're just acting as powerups for Mario this time around.

From everything I've seen, this is a good old Paper Mario 64/1000-Year Door type adventure. Badges allow for stat enhancement and special moves, partners aid you in battle (you may be able to walk around without one, though that might be earlier in the game), the battles are turn-based. All things that demand my money.

On Super Mario 3D Land news, apparently the camera and movement mechanics problems that plagued past demos have been fixed.

So I was just wonderin in MK7 will it be like MKDS were you can make your own emblem on your kart. I saw that they added Koopa and Shy guy and their karts had their emblem on them so I was just wonderin if they will do that again.

I don't have a 3DS yet but it's not high on my list of consoles to get. 360 and PSP and a new computer are first. The only games I'm particularly interested in are Star Fox 3D and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.

Not that I have looked at many of the games on the shelves at Wal Mart to know what all's out there. lol

I don't have a 3DS yet but it's not high on my list of consoles to get. 360 and PSP and a new computer are first. The only games I'm particularly interested in are Star Fox 3D and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.

Not that I have looked at many of the games on the shelves at Wal Mart to know what all's out there. lol

Oh man I have to say you should REALLY wait on the 3ds. My worst purchase this year easily.

Ehhh... I really wouldn't get a PSP or a 360 now. The Vita is almost here, and we're basically gonna be in the next generation of gaming by... 2013, if all goes well. I mean, it would suck to buy a home console as the next one i about to get in stores, its like people who bought the DSiXL, only to learn of the 3DS.

But yeah, computers are always in. I'd personally get a PC, and then a 3DS.

There is one 3DS game that I want actually that would possibly make me get the 3DS sooner rather than later but it's...not certain it'll even come to the US.

Beyond the Labyrinth. A Tri-Ace made game. It looks amazing graphically, though I don't know much else beyond that.

Ehhh... I really wouldn't get a PSP or a 360 now. The Vita is almost here, and we're basically gonna be in the next generation of gaming by... 2013, if all goes well. I mean, it would suck to buy a home console as the next one i about to get in stores, its like people who bought the DSiXL, only to learn of the 3DS.

But yeah, computers are always in. I'd personally get a PC, and then a 3DS.

Well I have my reasons for getting those. There's some 360 exclusive games that aren't on PC that I want like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey, plus fighting games on a 360 controller > fighting games on a PS3 controller because of the joystick placement.

And as for PSP, unless the Vita has been confirmed to be BC for the PSP I have games on there that are also exclusive that I want.

I don't mind having to start in the new generation late as long as I get the games I want, I have a Wii, DS and PS3 but there's games on the others I don't have and want and can't be obtained on PC or the others I have.

So I was just wonderin in MK7 will it be like MKDS were you can make your own emblem on your kart. I saw that they added Koopa and Shy guy and their karts had their emblem on them so I was just wonderin if they will do that again.

We have no clue at this point. However, what you pointed out makes it possible. I hope so!

Has anypony got the E-shop trailers yet, they look so awesome :wub:

What, the ones from the 3DS conference early last month?

While I'm still sure I'll love the games themselves, having those trailers on my 3DS only further proved that they're not anti-aliased very well, and the 3D makes it even worse.

I know graphics aren't important and everything, but jagged edges really makes a game look cheap altogether.

Edited by Chorda

I have a 3DS and it's very 'meh'. My Last handheld was a GBA and I loved it, but the 3ds just doesn't really have any games.

I am looking forward to Sonic Generations on it, which will be great, and I hope they make Majora's Mask 3D. I think I have to give it some time, but the ways things are looking (especially with that stupid circlepad thing, ugh!) I don't have high hopes.

I have a 3DS and it's very 'meh'. My Last handheld was a GBA and I loved it, but the 3ds just doesn't really have any games.

I am looking forward to Sonic Generations on it, which will be great, and I hope they make Majora's Mask 3D. I think I have to give it some time, but the ways things are looking (especially with that stupid circlepad thing, ugh!) I don't have high hopes.

It's a good thing the 3DS is backwards compatible because there's a TON of DS games you missed.

• Brohoof 1

It's a good thing the 3DS is backwards compatible because there's a TON of DS games you missed.

Can you list some? I only played Scribblenauts, Pokemans, Final Fantasy Tactics, and FFV

Can you list some? I only played Scribblenauts, Pokemans, Final Fantasy Tactics, and FFV

Seriously, bro?

My personal collection:

999: 9 hours, 9 persons, 9 doors (Visual novel/puzzle; excellent characters and engaging, dark story)

Elite Beat Agents (Rhythm game; very addictive and fun)

Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (From the team behind the first 3 Phoenix Wright games; fun characters; neat but occasionally annoying gameplay)

Hotel Dusk: Room 215 (visual novel; gets off to a slow start, can get confusing at times)

Kirby Canvas Curse (Draw lines with a stylus to control kirby; surprisingly challenging at times)

Kirby Squeak Squad (Traditional kirby platformer; very easy)

The Legendary Starfy (Platformer similar to kirby)

The LoZ: Phantom Hourglass/ Spirit Tracks (Fun characters in both; awkward overworld involving boat/train; excellent boss battles and dungeons; annoying feature where you have to return to temple multiple times; mixed bag)

MarioKart DS (Typical MarioKart)

New Super Mario Bros. (Nothing to say here really. Classic Mario Platforming)

Okamiden(Decent but it's basically a portable version of Okami; suffers from frequent loading screens)

Phoenix Wright (Visual novel; fun characters stories range from cheesy to heart-breaking; rare but available on other platforms)

Professor Layton and the Curious Village/ Diabolical Box/ Unwound Future (The story can get cheesy at times but the puzzles are fun and the characters are likable)

Radiant Historia (Beautiful JRPG; Great battle system, characters, music; highly recommended)

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (Amazing graphics and music; very easy; story is weird)

Sonic Rush/Adventure (Not much of a sonic fan but I enjoyed them anyway;

Trauma Center: Under the Knife (Frustratingly difficult at times but gameplay is fun and satisfying; cheesy story and flat characters)

Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 (Adjustable difficulty makes this game far more enjoyable than the first; Story and characters remain cheesy)

The World Ends with You (Reputation ruined by fans; unique battle system involving two screens; good character development)

Yoshi's Island DS (Decent Platformer; charming graphics)

And you can always look here for moar:

http://www.metacriti...ensed&sort=desc

Edited by Kinvara
  • Brohoof 1

Here are some of my favorites:

Mariokart DS - The best Mariokart of the series at the time, and it's still fun to play now.

Elite Beat Agents - An absolutely fantastic rhythm game with outrageous humor and plenty of challenge.

Kirby Superstar Ultra - The most content-packed Kirby game to date with an incredibly wide range of levels.

Advance Wars: Dual Strike - A well-balanced, endlessly replayable turn-based strategy game.

Phoenix Wright (trilogy) - Three amazing detective/lawyer games with unbelievably complex cases.

Rhythm Heaven - see: Elite Beat Agents.

The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass/Spirit Tracks - It's Zelda. Need I say more? A bit easy, but still great.

New Super Mario Bros. - A lengthy platformer with tons of secrets.

Edited by Pony Joe
  • Brohoof 1