Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming 3DS Thread!

LyraHeartstrings

Ah, I've heard about a lot of people getting headaches from the full-on 3D effects, but I'm either hardheaded or have an eyesight that negates it because I don't have any such problems. I did notice some small ghosting issues in Ocarina of Time (the first heart container you get after defeating Gohma didn't even sync up the two images, it appeared as two floating hearts for me lol!), but that wasn't too distracting or annoying. The experience was pretty solid anyway.

has anypony heard of this new add-on for your 3ds that gives the system an extra analog stick and l r buttons? what's up with that? why did't they have that in the first place?

I guess they thought they didn't need it at first. The only Nintendo console to have dual analog sticks so far was the Gamecube, and, well... you get the picture.

But then I guess they saw how little developer support the 3DS was getting, and decided to give them a second stick and 2 more buttons to work with, hoping that it would attract more attention. It's not absolutely necessary for any games coming in the near future, but that will likely change.

Edited by Pony Joe

Personally, I absolutely love my cosmo black Nintendo 3DS. The 3D effect is good, it feels really good in my hands, and I can play 3 different Zelda games on it. What's not to love?

Games I can't wait for:

MGS3

Animal crossing

Paper Mario

Kingdom hearts

Monster hunter

Kid Icarus

Super Mario 3d land

Mario Kart 7

Fire Emblem

Bravely Default: Flying Fairy

And the list goes on...

(hoping for Majora's Mask 3D!)

Just pre-ordered Super Mario 3D Land and Skyward Sword. All those extra freebies. I feel like Nintendo is bribing us but I would have bought the games anyway.

Does Harvest Moon have interior decorating? Because you know me and I am all about the interior decorating.

You can buy stoves and junk for your farmhouse from what I remember.

Does anyone know the difference between the 3DS version of Rayman Origins and the console versions?

I am really looking forward to the paper mario game!! Paper Mario: The Thousand Year door was (is) my favorite game for gamecube, and I can't wait to get the new one~ :blink:

That aside, my 3ds broke a few days ago. It was sitting on a shelf about two and a half feet off the ground, and the charge cord got caught on a chair leg and pulled the 3ds off the shelf. It erased all the apps I had bought, and it now freezes whenever I click on an icon.

Well, it's a good thing warranty is still valid.

I really have high hopes for the 3DS. It's funny because I find the 3D to be a completely useless gimmick. But I love the line-up of games coming out. It's like a portable GCN and GCN was my favorite console!

I especially can't wait for Animal Crossing 3DS. It looks way better than City Folk! Which is saying a lot, I was afraid they were done with working hard on Animal Crossing games.

I also really can't wait for Mario Kart 7. Just because it will be nice to have a multiplayer game and a non-remastered port for once. OOT3D was a waste of my money. =/

Games I am looking forward to, and will buy:

• Animal Crossing
  • Super Mario 3D Land
  • Luigi's Mansion 2
  • MGS3
  • Mario Kart 7
  • And if it ever happens, Majora's Mask 3D

Nothing else really interests me that's coming out. Now, as for what is out that I am getting:

• Star Fox 64 3D
  • Dead or Alive: Dimensions
  • Resident Evil Mercenaries 3D
All I can think of there for now. So, now I will list all of my problems with the 3DS:
  • Ghosting effect is WAY too noticeable in OoT 3D, and funnily non-existent in every other 3DS game I've layed.
  • Didn't have dual thumbsticks and shoulder buttons at launch, but is getting them as an addon.
  • Battery life could be better with WiFi on. With WiFi on, it dies before the day ends. With off, I can leave closed for a couple of days and open it up with 2 bars of battery left.
  • Nintendo doesn't know what the hell game demos are, so I am cautious of purchasing anything in fear of me not liking it.
And I would now like to give my thoughts on the port of Four Swords:

I feel Nintendo should have made a version optimized for the 3DS, but instead I got something that has a poor resolution, and is stretched and blurred. I feel for 3DS users, a port of the GameCube version would have sufficed much better. Just my thoughts.

My biggest concern is Nintendos lack of knowledge on all things online. In a generation where all games are hooked to the internet this is not a good thing.

Yeah, that is true. While it's not the most important, it's nice. The only online gaming I've done on my 3DS is with my old copy of Metroid Prime: Hunters. That game's controls didn't age well. :/

Yeah, that is true. While it's not the most important, it's nice. The only online gaming I've done on my 3DS is with my old copy of Metroid Prime: Hunters. That game's controls didn't age well. :/

That game in general didnt age well. I hope a firmware update comes soon to at least give us messaging.

So hey, does anypony still have the E3 tralors, or just me?

I'm a hoarder, and I hold onto every single app I can get my hands on. And if Nintendo wants me to give them up, they'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands.

That game in general didnt age well. I hope a firmware update comes soon to at least give us messaging.

Yes! I was wondering why Nintendo would not let you message friend's on your list...

I am used to stuff like that, since almost every other online platform I use gives it to me(computer, phone, 360, ect.). Hopefully, we'll have it eventually.

Edited by Ganondork