Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Casual stroll

Blitz Boom

(edited)
13 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Pop smiled warmly at Dawn, saddened about what she had heard about her friends, but happy that she could at least start to fill that void a little again, from the sound of it.

"Of course I'll stay as your friend Dawn. In good and bad all the way."

She took a sip of tea again, liking how it were still warm, whereas some others she knew couldn't keep a cup anywhere near hot for more than a minute.

"You should know though, I'm not completely pro dragon. I know well that there's a lot of dangerous ones out there, and if they heard about how Benny and I were together... We both know it wouldn't be safe for us to be around Dragon Land, even if his family tries to think the best of this.

When we first started writing and I wafted the idea around about me going there to meet him, he actually forbade me from trying to get there, warning me and saying things about dragons that I usually only heard from other ponies. Dangerous things that almost mae me start thinking I shouldn't write with him anymore for a time..."

Realizing what she were saying, she cleared her throat and put down the cup on the table with a noticeable blush on her cheeks.

"Please forgive me for that. I'm not used to have that many to speak with about this sorta taboo subject, so it kind of flows over when I do have a chat with somepony outside my own family. I'll try to keep it down, though it might be a bit before I can just completely ignore it.

Uhm... Perhaps you have something we could talk about? I've been asking away for a while now, and you barely got the chance to ask anything back."

@Blitz Boom

"I ..." Dawn began but couldn't stop herself from gritting her teeth. "I can't ask," she muttered and looked away from Circle Pop and into her dark fireplace. "I know. Let's light a fire!" she exclaimed suddenly and hopped off the couch. She grabbed some kindling from the woodpile beside the hearth, placed the blocks in the hearth, and soon began to feverishly light the wood.

Edited by Dji

15 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

"Thank you. I'll try and keep quiet."

Smokey were pleased to hear that he could hide out here for the time being, plus keeping an eye on her, in case more nightmares started to haunt her dreams. For reasons he would need some time to think about, it seemed as if he cared a good deal about her well-being, and knowing he were near in case something more happened were rather relaxing. Hopefully he wouldn't mess that up by disturbing her more, but considering he didn't snore, that should hopefully not be a concern worth thinking much about.

Seeing as she seemed to want to return to her sleep, he went over into the corner furthest away from her, to allow her private space, and settled on the grassy floor. Thankfully they hadn't build on simple ground here, so the green helped making this a more comforting seating, though he could have done so on anything really, including a bed of spikes. A pretty strange adventure that had brought him to a situation where he had to do that before, but perhaps one he should keep in mind for tomorrow. Might be it would entertain Phoenix.

Looking her over a last time before closing his eyes, he got a smile on his muzzle, and felt how his body started to relax and head towards a sleeping state. It wouldn't be long now before rest would find him as easily as it might have for Phoenix.

As Phoenix began to drift off to sleep, she began to ponder whether or not she actually minded him staying in the same tent. of course, she didn't want to admit that to herself. she was much too stubborn for that. she listened to the rustling accompanied by Smokey's movements throughout the tent, and waited for it to all settle down before she relaxed her mind and drifted off once more. 

@Blitz Boom @Lil' Lovebug

"Huh?" He spouted, rubbing the middle of his forehead. An incessant ringing had taken space inside his head, all the while he was here and back home, and it had only decreased in volume when he was around company. It seemed queer to him, but he seemingly forgot about that fact. "S-Sorry," He answered, sparing a sheepish smile, "My head's been ringing since last night. I don't know how to get rid of it, and I can't lose it." 

He rubbed his forehead again, it felt like pricking a scab.

@Moonlit @Seamore Sandwich

"Well if I'm planning something, I'm sure I wouldn't do something too crazy."

Curses, Serenade had seen through her ruse it seemed. *sigh* perhaps she just wasn't meant to be scheming. But that didn't mean that she would stop her plans. One way or another, she'd have a stab at this, unless of course either part ended up finding somepony first. She wasn't gonna be one of those sort of ponies.

"I gotta ask though, are you ever thinking about the whole package deal? You know, kids, husband, big family pond, things like that?"

====================================================================================================

@Foxy Socks @Twilight-Shimmer

"Oh you silly pony, just lean up against me if you need it. I might just be half the... Whatever I am at this point, and carry some food and Stardust, plus this dang bird keeps attacking my head, but I'm metal. I'm sure I can handle it."

They were almost at the tents at this point, but with how much Foxy wobbled sometimes, Anomaly was thinking that perhaps she should just grab hold of Foxy and carry her there. Though of course she didn't, because that would be really invasive... And I mean it Anomaly, you don't pick her up unless she wants to or can't move anymore.

Yeah yeah. How the real me kept your nagging out is beyond me, but fine. I won't pick her up unless something happens. As far as you know.

Good, keep it that way then, and we'll see what they do from now on.

=========================================================================================================

@EQ_Theta

Mother closed her eyes, not wanting to see what Sen were doing as Salosan egged him on, and needing to do what she could to try and remain calm in the midst ofg his horrible behavior.

The results of her getting too angry had been seen several times when it came to Legion and Salosan. The ground shaking, her room dimming, minor things that others might not have seen, happened because of her deep-rooted anger about what these enemies of her family had done to them, and she couldn't let herself get lost in this. With how this realm were tied to her *soul* if you could call it that, it could end up with mishaps happening. Nothing as bad  as destabilizing it, but a potential hole between worlds where somepony might drop through? That were sadly a possibility, and something that had happened just a few years ago, so she knew some of the potential consequences.

As Lin spoke with her, she opened her eyes once more and looked at Sen, now being restrained by his sister, but not looking too good.

"Worry not my child. I will not kill him, but that does not mean that I will treat him well."

Mother reached a claw out, and put the tip of it on the forehead of the abnormal thing known as Salosan, wanting him to focus on her, which would be hard not to when a claw long enough to pierce half his body length were almost puncturing his forehead.

"Listen closely to me, Salosan, for I will only say this once. You can say what you will of me, and what my home may appear as for you, but you will refrain from tormenting my adopted children further, or I will show you what my kind can do to things like you. Even if you would turn out to not have a soul, you reek of life, and I know how to stir that energy enough to make you wish there were a blessed sleep for you. And for all that you have done to them, and their real parents, you should praise whatever gods your kind believes in that I don't start right now, and instead giver them the chance to speak with you first."

Sooner or later he would be hears though. he would not leave this place before she had made him suffer for what he had done, of which she were sure she had only heard a little about.

Taking the claw off his head, she let it gently stroke through Sen's hair, and look at her child with concern and all the warmth she had to offer.

"Don't let him goad you like this Sen. He only seeks to harm you with words, because he have nothing else. He is powerless here, and in time, he will pay for his actions. And I hope that you Ghilan, understand that I do not think of what justice your kind may have to offer. You may have grievances with Salosan yourself, but this is my domain, and noone who have done so much harm to my family leaves this place for a place that may show him mercy.

Now anyone, tell me what the deal is with this orb, and why I feel so many souls resting within. Are they with him?"

Whilst Mother spoke, Omen half ignored it and looked over to Salosan, getting close to him after his assault of words on her, trying to get her to be angry as well. Nothing that really worked though, as even if she could feel the smouldering somewhere in her being, strong emotions like what Sen had shown were alien to her, at least at her current stage of *evolution* if you could call her somewhat stunted mind that.

"I don't think Sen can hurt me. Just like you can't. Your tricks didn't work, your words means nothing, so why try?  It's meaningless. Just like you are."

Perhaps if Omen had an idea how to fight she might have taken a hit at Salosan, but it wouldn't really get anywhere. Not part of what she knew of.

Another of their siblings in this room did know how to fight some, as it came with his world, but currently Karganoth didn't know what to think, or what were going on. The words happened too fast for him to have a chance to understand it much of it, and at some point, he simply had to give up and just keep going with carrying his currently immobile sister, hoping that he didn't need to understand things until he were told he could go again. These quadrupeds were confusing him.

=====================================================================================================

@Dji

"Uhm, sure, let's do that."

It were pretty clear that Dawn had wanted to talk about something else, but had stopped herself just before barring it. Perhaps it were what had happened with her mother? Potentially, and it would explain why she held it back for now. it couldn't be an easy one to talk about that was for sure, and certainly not something that she had any right pushing Dawn about. That wasn't something that a friend would do.

Taking a few more logs, Pop went over to what seemed to be a fireplace - she hoped, lighting a fire in the middle of the house was a bad idea - and looked at Dawn as she tried to get a fire starting, which she hopefully could. Pop had little idea how to light one without a match, so she wouldn't be much help if it were.

==================================================================================================

@~Phoenix~

If nothing would happen during the night, Smokey would sleep in his corner peacefully, and would be woken up by the sun being risen into the sky.

He'd yawn and stretch himself, then look around and trying to see where he was, and when he got oriented again, would see if Phoenix still seemed to be resting. If she were, he'd sit down in his corner again and likely doze off for a few more hours, though if there were any life in the mare, he'd instead smile and wish her a good morning. He were mostly rested anyway, and sleeping more would just be laziness more than anything.

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"What?" Dawn smiled lopsidedly at Circle Pop. She wanted to avoid the subject of her at all costs. Actually, she wanted to avoid talking about her friends too but they were an easier subject than her mother. If Circle Pop wasn't asking, Dawn was fine with that. She grinned and chuckled at the mare and helped her out in lighting the match by way of her feathertips. Wings were useful in many ways, Dawn reckoned, and she loved to use them for everything. "I'm perfectly fine, heheheh," she chuckled nervously and laid down in front of the roaring fire, looking into the flames with her back to the sofa.

@Blitz Boom

Going to somepony else's house? Wow, that's rare. Usually the only way I visited other ponies was with.. erm, him... I would usually tag along and he wouldn't mind. He trailed behind Null. 100% chance of their place being better than mine, though. I don't even have furniture yet. I mean, I was sleeping on my hoodie for an hour. Not fun. 

Lance's idea of a cabin was always the stuff you saw where it was an isolated log cabin with one room and a fireplace, where you hunted animals and lived completely disconnected from society. He figured this would have the isolated box checked, but the rest he was unsure about.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

Solasan stared intently at Omen, seemingly fixing his gaze at her while ruminating on her words. An unsettling smile fixed on his face suggested he was doing his best at picking apart her words, coming up with some form of comeback that could get her to keep quiet and think about for a while. And while she was at it, he could remain silent and look towards Mother with the same sadistic glee. 

"Meaningless, you say? Me? Maybe, but I've come to terms with the futility of finding meaning in my existence. What about you, Omen? Why do you exist? For what purpose? Will what you say be the right answer or do you just go with that simply because it gives you reason to look forward to the next sunrise? Maybe your existence is just as meaningless as mine and at the end of the day, you find yourself wondering if there is any reason to exist."

As for Sen, he wiped the tears from his face and looked up to Mother, somewhat comforted by her words but Solasan's continues to tug at him. "It's true. A lot of it is true. What good I do ends with someone else paying the consequences for my actions. Back when Lin's body needed to be restored, I made a deal with Malvernis to save Lin and it only made things worse for her. I wanted to stop Solasan and it put Lin and Omen in danger. It all goes back to me. Who else could be blamed?"

Lin approached Sen and wrapped her forelegs around her brother to comfort him. She didn't say anything but her actions suggest that for any harm Sen thought he inflicted on her, she made it known she bore no ill will towards him. Ghilan likewise never thought he'd see Sen like this, remembering the scared young longma from years before afraid of the future and the inevitable uncertainty that came with it. He turned to Mother and calmly spoke.

"Whatever you plan to do with Solasan will undoubtedly pale in comparison to anything I could come up with. I honestly wouldn't know what to do if I was left to judge him and... and I trust you know what's best."

Meanwhile, the focal orb's energy flared up and a voice spoke from it, though no longer using either Sen's or Lin's voices. It now used what seemed like its naturally deep voice and hinted at it being more aware than it seemed while channeling the voices of many, as if all the essences of those tied to the orb spoke in unison. The orb floated up to Mother's eye level and replied to her query. 

"Solasan, the being you see here, is a construct of magic formed when the true being needed a simulacrum to continue his work. The real one is no more but this one remains as a result of unstable magic and years living as its own individual. As for us, we of the orb are from long gone civilizations, curators of knowledge who catalogue and preserve information for future generations. Although anyone can access this knowledge, those do so for malicious purpose invite ruin and destabilize the integrity and purpose of this artefact. Now that we are free of such influence, we can return to our original purpose."

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Warlock chuckled, grabbing Astral and floating up, throwing her across the floor, she ran at Chow, planning to teleport away, but Warlock grabbed her again. "Feisty aren't we?" He pulled her over to him.

"I wouldn't help either of you!"

"Look at this situation, you're little crush is in Athriel's grasp, do you want her to kill him?" She took a deep breath, looking to the smoke in Athriel's necklace, which was her necklace.

"Why are you doing this? For what goal?"

He threw his sword past her mane cutting off some of her hair, Astral yelping. "I am not the one being asked questions." He walked over to her. "Besides, talking about my reasons just gives you opportunity to escape." The sword pulled back to his hoof, landing right in his grip, then he put it up to her neck, Warlock leaning into her ear. "And killing you would be so easy right now, if it wasn't for me wanting Athriel to be on my side."

"What, are you two in love or so- AGH!"

Warlock grabbed her neck, lifting her up. "I would never let such feeble, unlasting distracting things get in the way of my goals!" He tossed her across the floor, allowing her to tumble. "But Sapphire never saw that did she? No! She betrayed her sister because of it! Would you rather I do the same?"

"N-no, but I'd rather both of you weren't evil either."

"You don't see yourself as evil." He looked at her, his eyes white, clearly using an omnipotence spell as his mane flowed, starting to levitate. "You tried to resurrect your mother after her death, trying to tear down death's door." He stepped forward without caution. Turning around to Chow suddenly. "And you... tried to turn yourself into a griffon, using blood magic, all because you felt, left, out." He sighed, his mane falling down, his eyes turning normal. "And you two see yourselves as good here, it's funny. Now!" He extended his hoof spinning around, sending out wind in all directions, putting out the flames, facing Athriel once he finished. "We need to deal with one thing before we do bring Sapphire back..." He whisked the smoke away, pointing a sword at Athriel. "If we don't kill Iron Star, he'll hear everything we do, preventing us from making plans, because then he can just tell other ponies what they are."

"Who is there to tell!? No one would believe him."

Warlock raised an eyebrow when he turned to look at her. "It's odd you point that out." He looked back at Athriel. "I think she's warming up to us." He whispered with a grin. "Well anyways, I should find out where he is, then strike." His eyes turned white again, he closed them, opening his eyes about a minute after, then he threw the sword at a map on the wall, hitting right where Iron Star was. "While I could barge in and kill every pony, a few generals, an armored dragon, and a queen are there, would arise quite a panic if I killed all them, especially the queen and the generals." He looked to Athriel. "Any ideas?"

====================================================================================

"Near the west coast of Equestria, in a mountainous area, I don't know the exact location, since it doesn't have a name, he just built it himself on the side of a mountain."

"Oh! They can bring you a map, you could point to the area."

"Can't really point to somewhere I can't see." He said, while pointing to his eyes. "So unfortunately, we don't have many options, other than literally waiting for him to come to us, which may be soon."

@Blitz Boom and also, probably, @Foxy Socks (my mentioning is hit & miss...)

"The situation is not quite as so, but it is... really no concern, Madam."   The small, mechanical box retorts, perhaps emphasizing one syllable with undiscernable intent.

"I am fully capable of finding my own way back to my proper fixture sans your accompaniment. Or, barring that, I am fully capable of remaining here as your guide to wherever you two ladies and your child wish to retire to."

With a somewhat quiet, but resigned tone from a lifetime of dealing with another equally irrepressible entity, V.I.A.B. adds on in a somewhat duller tone as Anomaly comes to make her own... minds up.

"Hm. Though, one would think after a few thousand years I would have long lost my expectation of the capacity to listen to reason from a Draconequui."

***************************************************************************************************

To B.B.:

"...I'm not weird. I've always changed color... a bit much more than other ponies. That's... an earth pony thing.  I mean... well I know Applejack just said it was "something special" about me but..."  Fumbling out the self-tailored lie he used to repeat to himself all through his schooling days whenever any other of the unicorns at school would point it out as more something wrong with him and with not much bearing for what an "earth Pony" was at the time. But since his time out in the world, his own explanation kept getting tested more than what he could wave away.

Tired, head hung low and pouting as much as he can as he follows Happy Hour, Ambie picks back up his thought after a moment of thought.

"..I would think I'd know if I was some big, bipedal changerling. It's not like anypony around here calls you out on being weird much. I mean, like, Halibut. There's a forty-foot river serpent that comes into town for its monthly spa-day! Nopony questions what he is!

...kinda figured I could last here for awhile then..."    Ambie dejectedly hoofs a pebble out of his way.

********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

And Mr. Boom again!

Getting more comfortable having a pony agitated before him, Kaltrops returns to standing on the front edge of the mare's wagon with his chest puffed out.

"Fuh, I think you mean Gold Alloy. Any dragon worth his rock salt in metallurgy knows gold is one of the weakest minerals out there! It only has any worth to it because some other pony higher up the food chain has limited the supply just so he can have a bigger grab for power!

That's what gold is! You ever stop to think how rare it is for dragons to have gold hordes? You win some battle against some stupid, old, defunct, stupid, mountain city fair & square and retire to sit on your gold and a few measly decades later some stupid midgets show up to steal a bit from under you and you, in rightful claim to get it back get harpooned through the chest for your efforts while the stupid little things fight over what's left of your hoard! Gathering gold only makes you a target for greedy ponies willing to kill for it! That's why any smart dragon collects things that only mean something to him! Heard of some dragons somewhere that collect slippers & stain-glass windows."

Mind & eyes wandering off topic in his effort to back up his own rant, Kaltrop thinks back to remember something from his earlier days of the few times he was with other dragons his age.   

"Garble told me once that we used to collect virgins... but that didn't wind up any better an idea than the gold did..."

Coming back to look at Spicy Rolls, attempting to shake a blush off his face the drake returns back to his rant.

"B-but, uh, th-that's what my point was! All bits and gold is to you stupid ponies is spreading around more greed & influence! That's all you ponies do anyway! Manipulate others!    Fuh... anyway..."

Hunkering down now to lay on the top of the roof, satisfied with his argument, Kaltrop concludes.

"...if you wanted those artifacts so bad, why not just rob the place since you were likely going to rob them for their gold anyhow?..."

**************************************************************************************************************************

To B.B. again! Technically twice simultaneously this time!

Hey now! I've only wiped out a few planetary civilizations! Those Vogons assured me that planet would be vacated & the job'd be mostly paperwork anyhow! Gad! They were some ugly whackadoos! Though some great poets, I must say!

Wide eyes flickering over to Briar as he begins his own introductions, Widdershins chirps up again brightly from his position of laying chin-down on the ground like a fluffy log.

Gorsh! I dunno, Bushbaby! I would second-guess about doing dealings with beings perpetually on fire! Of course, that means I'm comparing you to a few lawyers I know, and that's just mean of me! My apologies there, Lady Loss! 

So what's all this then? The eyeball thingie? What's a Shimmering, Susurrating, Sullen Sorceress get outta this-ss-sss??

@Blitz Boom

Pinkie giggled, "Oh, I wouldn't want to eat them. That's like trying to eat any animal, just made out of candy, not right. Nopers. But licking them.." She licked her lips and drooled slightly before mopping up said drool from around her muzzle with a cookie and eating it. "Yummy!"

Storm nodded his head in agreement, munching on a muffin.

@Blitz Boom 

Phoenix had drifted back to the realm of consciousness from the sounds of the birds chirping. her eyes fluttered open, and she rubbed them a bit with her hooves to shoo away any sleep that may still be in them. she used her fore-hooves to lift herself up into a sitting position, and she turned her gaze towards Smokey, to see if he was awake. sure enough, he was. 

Phoenix wasn't much of a morning person, and to much noise when she first wakes up typically bothers her. without saying anything, she made an attempt to bring herself into a standing position. after the events of last night, she expected to have a little trouble with it, and she certainly did. her legs were still a little weak, but with a good amount of effort, she was able to do it just fine. once she had stabilized herself, she carefully walked out of the tent and into the morning air. 

she stood out there for a few minutes, doing nothing but looking at the surrounding area. she wasn't able to get a good view of it before in the darkness of night. after taking it in for a few moments, she lifted her snout to get a good whiff of the cool morning air. 

@Blitz Boom @Twilight-Shimmer

Foxy stumbled about on her way to the tents, too tired to speak. She had her eyes closed by then, giving her no sense of direction, not that she cared, she trusted Anomaly to help. It had been a long day, and Foxy ran it through her head again, waking up like normal not far from Ponyville, racing toward the town, then all of the events that took place. Meeting the two strange ponies, Briar and Brittle, meetinig Widdershins, Stardust, Agni, and Amazon, finding Anomaly. It was a lot to sort out through her head and she was too tired to think. All she wanted was to rest.

They finally made it to her tent, Foxy slowly wobbling to it, waking up just a little out of her half asleep state. "Thank you, will we meet again?" Foxy asked Anomaly. She hoped this wouldn't be the only time she would see her.

@Blitz Boom

Satin smiled and bowed to Bubble Tea. "This shall be fine enough. Thank you, Ms. Tea."

Satin set her belongings down just inside the room and took a quick inspection of the room, taking note of the amenities. It wasn't the best, but is was from the worst place she had stayed before. She rested upon the bed and smiled, letting out a sigh. "Yes, this shall do nicely."

@Blitz Boom

Gaea would wait five seconds before responding, giving Zhu time enough to see her future, not knowing it was unseeable.  "My name is Gaea, but if you were truly clairvoyant, you'd have already known that and you would have seen this sentence before I said it.  Since you're not raising your left paw in the air, I can assume you're not.  I don't like pretenders.  Those like you are too common, trying to swindle others by telling them of a future they want to here.  Are you so disconnected from reality that you can't tell when you're in a serious situation?!  Drop the act for Pete's sake!  It's not like I'm going to pay you to predict which way they went!"  She clearly didn't believe Zhu was prescient.  This was the kind of trickery she wanted to get away from, the reason she moved into the forest.  Well, that and the wildlife.  She loved nature and wanted to protect it, which is part of the reason she was chasing those thieves in the first place.

@Blitz Boom

"Our previous investigation focused on finding the source of all the tungsten that was being used.  It's not a simple task moving all that tungsten, so somepony had to know something about who was ordering all that metal.  Eventually we tracked down a source that was loosing shipments regularly, but before we could find out who it was that was stealin' all of it, they had fled and informed their buddies that we were poking around,  and by the time we found the place it was being made, they had already abandoned it, equipment and all.  Without that equipment, they must've not been able to continue because it's been years since I've seen these.  The worker that was stealing the tungsten used an alias when they were hired, so we never ended up catching them."

@Blitz Boom

No matter how the Realm they were in looked, to Charlie it was beautiful.  Anything real was for that matter.  It was all so interesting.  Charlie could barely contain their excitement.  That is until Vivid mentioned the body.  "Really?!  We're going to go see my new body?!  I can't wait to see it!"

@Dji

"If you say so Dawn."

Pop weren't fooled. Heck, she were suck a sleeping foal wouldn't be fooled about that little act that Dawn had just pulled. She weren't fine, and something was gnawing at her bones, trying to get out.

*sigh* But a friend did not force things like that unless it was important, and the two of them had not known eachother for long enough for Pop to evaluate that right. At least she hadn't in her mind, which is why she kept her thought about how Dawn really could use a push in the right direction to herself, and just tried to be supportive and step lightly around her.

"A good fire's relaxing to look at, though... Your chimney is getting cleaned routinely, right? I had a cousin whose house got flooded with smoke once because he hadn't, and it makes a huge mess out of everything."

Oh good, change the topic from hurtful memories to smoke damages and potential burning! Not the best segue when trying to relax your friend.

====================================================================================

At the word 'wedding*, Ziggy spaced out for a bit and seemed almost frozen where she stood.

"...I could so see that for me right now. So many flowers and creatures. So much water... Hehe, you pushed the priest into the sea."

it would be a little more before this fantasy land that Ziggy were imagining let go of her enough so that she could snap out of it, but at that point it had already been her waving them off as Serenade and her groom went on their honeymoon to a nearby island, so there wasn't really anything left to see. Not that she could imagine anyway.

When she got to herself, she saw Serenade starring at the lake, where the zegasus just managed to catch a glimpse of Fah'lina with a bit of fish tail out of her mouth, before that got slurped in like wonky spaghetti. Serenade would've been able to see more, but that was okay too. Ziggy tended to make a weird look when she saw Fah'lina eat things that looked bigger than the mimic itself, so a small break from that was sort of neat.

"So... What're we gonna do now? Wander around til you get tired and then swoop you back to the house, whilst we wait for Princes Luna to show up? Could be a few days I guess, since she's a princess and have to be super busy sometimes."

===================================================================================

@genessee

It wasn't really much of a house they had when they got there, as they reached the outskirts of Ponyville where Null and Void resided.

Actually, it was more like a couple of larger sheds had collapsed, and the sisters had made something out of that, as well as some loose planks they had been able to get hold of, along with some nails, likely nicked from the construction site to make sure they had something resembling shelter.  Thankfully it wasn't raining or blowing too hard, as that'd be a bother for the patchy walls, but at least there were a roof and what seemed like a few sleeping bags taken from the tents there, soon as the wobbly door would open up and reveal it.

"I k-know it doesn't look like much, b-but it's still better than where we u-usually sleep."

"Second that. Usually we don't have a roof unless we break into somewhere abandoned, and it beats sleeping on grass or scour around for a part of the floor that's not half-way rotten through. Long as the ponies of the town hold up their promise to help us set up a place to reside here in the outskirts when the town's rebuild, it'll do fine too. Just don't hit the walls."

There wouldn't really be a fireplace in here either, but there were a hole in the roof with a wide pipe going up, and a small, improvised camp-fire ready to be set, so it should do somewhat okay in a pinch, though thankfully it wasn't that cold this time of year, and the holes in the room and wall let plenty of moonlight in so they could see.

"Also, don't touch the safe. You'll just end up getting cursed."

Said safe filled a good deal, and seemed to be the only new'ish thing in the room, from it's place in the corner, but the sisters had been pretty insident about this too. They couldn't wander around with cursed objects all the time, and they needed to have them safe before they could plant one of Null's feathers there to keep things down, in case somepony might try to steal them or got curious. So, large iron safe.

@EQ_Theta

"Master Discord taught me that chaos don't need a reason for doing things, or for being what it is. I'm.made of his chaos, so why would i need a reason to be? I just am."

Another master and this might have made her head spin a little, but whilst she did seek some meaning in things generally, Omen did not try to find it in herself all that often. Discord had been vocal about how he viewed chaos, and about how - since he had infused her with his chaos magic to shape her - Omen was to see herself too. She didn't need to have a meaning for being anything, or even for existing. It had been a spur of the moment thing for him to pick her, and he didn't think there were more to it than *just a random act of chaos* and poof, she were made.

So much as Salosan's words might be meant to try and take a stab at her, it did nothing more than remind her of better times, back when she had first set hoof in Equestria. Perhaps she should talk with Discord about making a little place like that again, at least for a little while? Something to think about for when all of this were over with. And considering the look on Mother's face as she were told that she would know what were best in regards to Salosan, she were ready to end things when they had gotten the intel they needed.

She didn't answer Ghilan though, but instead bend her knee and scooped a hand through the floor like it was made of sand, and not the brick it felt like, and took Sen and Lin up with her again, where she could look them more directly in the eyes, and keep them away from Salosan, just in case.

"Sen, you do not have yourself to blame for this. Salosan started this far before today, and he only escalated things after you returned to confront him. What you did were the desperate actions of someone who wished to protect the ones closest to him, and the blame for them not working as well as you intended, ultimately lies with this abomination and his traps.

And just look now. He is caught, powerless and your town sounds free. The risks you have taken - that you all have taken - have born fruit, just like it did with Malvernis, and his ultimate downfall. You did well with what you could and what you knew Sen, and there is none of us who will blame you for it. Only him, and he is just trying to get to you because he have nothing left besides that. He is beaten, and words and false statements is all he haves left."

Her other hand went to them and gently stroke their fur with a grace that something of her size shouldn't possess, as she tried to calm her troubled child. Sen were broken in his own rights, and this would not fix that, but perhaps her presence and words could calm him some. She had to try at least, which is why it took a bit of time before she addressed the orb, but hopefully it would understand the priority system she held.

"Custodians of knowledge. Leaders of your people in trying times I can imagine?  It is a noble choice to want to continue that, now that you are free of this control, though I had hoped that you would accept my offer to release you to the afterlife. Not everyone does well with staying so far after their time have ended, but they cannot find a path to the next step of their existence.

Ah, but the point seems moot. Though perhaps after you have questioned this creature for what you need to know, I could speak with you on how to prevent this, and some more of your history. Something tells me that each could prove important in its own way."

========================================================================

@Lloyd

Athriel had to give Warlock, when he wanted to break somepony, he knew how to do it. His speech send goosebumps down her borrowed spine, and seeing Astral being tossed around, and Chow having his dark deeds spat in his face, almost made her giggle with glee. It was just so perfectly destructive, without actually involving blood, and from what Astral said, it had an effect as well. He were guiding her towards what he wanted, and she got roped in, with weaker and weaker protests the longer they went. Such a delightfully decietful creature Warlock could be sometimes.

The show was something she enjoyed, though she had nearly interfered when Astral had blown across that Warlock and her might be in love, which quite frankly had her wanting to hold her a little too tightly for a time, whilst telling her that she wouldn't end up like her sister had. Love had made Sapphire abandon her, and though she might find Warlock less repulsive compared to other males, there was a great rift between growing admiration, and the greatest kind of deceit in the world, which is all that love were to her.

Still, she kept herself in check, and just enjoyed what went on. Besides the sword being pulled at her, though she doubted Warlock wished to cut her down. If he did, he would have done so the second he got his element. He still had a usage for her, just as she had for him. Likely the main subject of shared revenge on the sister who betrayed her, and the witch who turned him to stone.

But one thing at a time. As he pointed out, they had to take care of the snoopers first, which unfortunately were in the castle from before now, which pointed to a flaw in their ability to do something.

"We could barge in, but that depends on how much you think your sword is worth without magic to swing it. Even if they didn't know we were coming, they still have that infernal amulet, and quite frankly, I don't know what would happen if you and that thing collided. best case scenario is likely that you'd end up cancelling eachother out, and any magic cast would neither feed it or you, just torn apart from two forces trying to eat it up.

Much as I'd like to get a hold of Sapphire's little coltfriend, and then trap him in a cage until we got her back and then use him as further leverage, we need physical, non-magical power to get things done here, and between us, I don't think we have that. We need someone on our team with some muscle. Though really, long as we have Astral, what are they going to do? I doubt her father would bring her in any further danger, now would he?"

"I hope they find you and put you in a pyre..."

"Don't worry Chow, haven't forgotten about you. After all, we're going to need some blood for the ritual once we got the rest ready."

She enjoyed the poetic justice in using him for blood, who had dabbled with it himself. There was a certain morbid joy in that, even if he wouldn't be brought dry. Ritual didn't require that much, but that was for her to know, and him to worry about.

"Regardless, Astral's little prancing lurker of a father is a problem, but not one we can get at right now without putting ourselves at risk. Best we can do is prepare for the ritual, then lure him out. With both his daughter and his wife on the line, I doubt he'd stay away for too long, but would try and plead for their lives. Or he turns his back on them, and breaking Sapphire will be even easier than expected.

Now then, I think our best course of action is getting more of the elements, then find the bearers. With some luck, we can gather a group of some degree of physical power - or take control of some as we go along - and then make a proper attack, or lure them out. It seems you can keep track of them as needed in any case, yes?

But we need to handle these two little mongrels first regardless of what we're going to do. I'm thinking somewhere secure, locked and chained with seals around to keep prying eyes and ears out, along with something that can continuously drain Astral of magic? Perhaps an object enchanted with some degree of greed? Unfortunately, we need them both alive for the grand plan, so we can't risk them getting any kind of hoof or claw near them."

============================================================================

@Lloyd

Dew snorted slightly, which made Screecher smirk faintly, and Benny let out a sigh of relief. He had really not looked forward to getting into the fray like this, regardless of how he had guard training for situations somewhat like this. Turns out even the ones at the forge needed to complete and keep up with the regular training programs, just in case.

"Fine, but if we are to wait for them, then I will not let this thing stay hidden."

He took the amulet out of the pouch and placed it around his neck. He didn't have any magic himself, so there were no effects on him, but perhaps those around him would feel the effects slowly seeping into play, literally.

"I can't allow the risks. And since it seems you two know the most about things here, Iron and Misty, you're staying close to me, along with Ambassador Golden."

"That unfortunately won't be an option. I need to use my m-"

"With all due respect sir, you are the de facto regent of Canterlot now that the princesses are not here, and I'm not letting this town fall into chaos from having no leadership. You're staying safe, and that's final. Same with you Benny. Just in case, I want someone to assist in a fight, and the generals are likely going to be busy soon, so they can't stay. Your crazed workers can handle the forge for a while."

"I'm not happy about letting them stay there unsupervised, but I suppose you're right. Just don't go crazy and try to barricade the room, okay? And General Wings? Sorry, but it's likely going to take a few more days to get your armor done if this keeps up. It'll be top priority when things have settled though, you have my word."

=============================================================================

@Widdershins

"Yeah and you'd think I would stop talking to myself or weird creatures, and yet here we are. Though honestly, I'm two minds about it."

A drum riff came from... Somewhere, adding the sound befitting of a truly awful pun fantastic joke.

"And you're not okay. You're totally broken up about being here. So let's scoop up your pieces and put the puzzle back together before popping you back home. The kids needs to sleep, and they don't need mommy and daddy arguing around them."

Her form shifted, and the slim Anomaly's right front hoof got a hole in the toe that seemed to act as a vacuum cleaner considering how it sucked the parts up the weird creature had left a trail off, whilst she followed it. Where exactly the pieces she sucked up actually went were likely best left to the imagination.

They're in my-

Left! To! The! Imagination!

Jeez, who stomped in your cereal Mr. Grumpy?

=================================================================================

@Widdershins

Happy blinked, not knowing what he were going to say about the sea serpent comment, especially since knowing this town the little he did by now, it wouldn't even surprise him if that was the case, no matter how far they might be from the open sea.

"First off, changing colors is not an earth pony thing. They don't have any sort of magic, and you could stare at one until your eyes rolled outta your skull, and the only one who'd light up like an equine super chameleon would be you.

Second off, you wouldn't be a bipedal changeling. That's my gig, since again, I came from another world. You'd look more like this if anything."

A green flame went over him, and when it were gone, Happy had changed shape to look like a typical changeling, though a little taller. This was his costume in case he got caught as a changeling, and then played it off as his actual form, since his real, bipedal self, were both pretty weird and easily recognizable, and getting found out completely would get him trapped in a maximum security cell.

"And yet , this ain't how you look, though you have changeling characteristics... Do you have any bug ponies in your family history perhaps? We tend to hide well, but perhaps there's one in your line like a grandfather or something that always seemed a bit off to you?

Also, I don't know what's regular and accepted around here, hence why I'm trying to scurry along whilst also wondering why I didn't get put in a cell for what I am, since I know changeling reps are pretty bad here in Equestria. I mean, I heard stories ever since I came to this country a few weeks ago about the Canterlot attack, and while I don't condone it, I figured that would make the relation tenuous at best. One more reason why I whispered to you about things at first you know? Didn't want to out you in front of everypony if you were just laying low and not trying to get caught."

=====================================================================================

@Widdershins

"Oh please, like you've never sen a dragon bling up before. They're standing out like the moon in the sky, and tend to pop up everywhere they can get enough gold running.

And fine, I'll concede the point that dragons that gather up mountains of gold are eventually gonna get beaten down and robbed by some moral preachers calling themselves *adventurers* but that still doesn't mean not having anything of general value is a bad idea. Just have them invested, or again, use it on the black market. You can get anything there if you can pay enough and know where to leave your morals behind."

A mischievous grin went over Spicy's face as another currency were named, though it might not seem like it were to this here dragon when he first mentioned it..

"Or know which cult members to sell a hoard of virgins to."

Now, she hadn't ever done this herself, and she did find the sort who traded in lives to be low life scum, but you know, a job is a job, and money have to get on the table one way or another. Up to them how they went about with their shadier businesses, just like it were with her and her deals.

"Riches of any kind can be found and fetched, but usually require something in return. One hoof washes the other, and the whole world goes around. Likely what you see as greed, though as a pony who prospers off greed, I can tell you that's just business, not the actual deal.

But I can lecture you on that for ages, and we'd get nowhere. Just like you won't by asking me why I don't stoop low enough to steal something I'd want. Stealing directly gets you on wanted posters, whilst hiring a few layers of sub contractors to fetch something for you or just outright buy it doesn't, and I prefer to be a free pony. Not much luxury or fun over a cell.

Now then, time for you to spill the beans on something here bucko: What's with you and ponies? I know dragons don't like them, but it sounds like you got a real bone to pick for some reason. Somepony actually went over and stole your gold? Cause if that's the thing, I'd support piking them outside a cave as a warning as well. Actions has consequences after all."

=======================================================================================

@Widdershins

"Non of your business."

"If I may, I believe it will just make him more curious and pushy about the subject if he is not told. Besides, it is not so bad. In return for these, I need to stand ready for the time when Vivid haves a need for a voice in support of her, since her... unique abilities might seem evil, and some voices backing her up about the positive applications and her willingness to help could be valuable under the right circumstances."

"That, and a vial of your blood for other uses, bu that part have been handled. Now then, stand still or this will hurt."

Briar didn't move a muscle as Vivid went over and started the incredibly complex series of events that were to poke the gauze, who then tuned into dust and vanished before hitting the ground.

As could be expected, Briar had closed eyes behind this, as well as a confused glance over him as Vivid smirked slightly, finding some amusement in him thinking this would be bad.

"Done. Open your eyes and have a look around. They should be settled."

He were hesitant, but slowly did, revealing a pair or not pony eyes, but rather some kind of serpentine ones.

0.jpg

(Found on google. Easier than to describe)

They weren't actually serpentine, but rather demonic. Something which were a rare treat for her contact to get hold of, since usually demons didn't strike deals with one another, and he had to strike deals to get their body parts. Yet somehow he had these, and since they were resistant to small damages and illnesses, and made it possible to see in the dark, they seemed like a good fit. Plus Vivid found some degree of amusement in knowing that someone despicable were now being used for a greater, more valiant purpose.

Briar didn't think about that. He just kept his sight up into the sky, gazing at the moon for a time before tears - regular, salty ones, though slightly green considering his race - started to roll down his face and he broke down on the ground, sobbing like a foal and keeping his sight on the silvery source of light in the sky.

"Looks like they work, along with the new tear ducts."

===========================================================================

@Shineling

"Well, sounds like we're going mole hunting then. Hunter garb for everypony!"

Anomaly snapped her tail, and a hunter outfit got shown on all of them that were actually looking rather sharp. Except for Blitz, who looked up from the ground to find she had a dog costume on.

"Uhm... Woof?"

Anomaly giggled and went over to pat the filly who were trying to think about what were going on and where her metallic wings were, since the costume seemed to have removed them to fit. Something her mind got a little away from when Anomaly presented her with a licorice chew bone that Blitz snapped and started to gnaw on with a big grin on her small, happy face.

"There's a good hunting dog. How about the rest of you? ready to go?"

Pinkie Pie would have a net on a stick leaned up against her, whilst Storm would find that he had been equipped with a lasso, which made Molotov laugh a little until he noticed that he had a bow and a quiver full of plungers with him, which made his humorous approach to this fall down a few notches.

"There, a tool for everypony that will help us. I'll hold the leash of our hunting dog, along with the sugarmole flute."

The draconequus spat out a small flute and blew in it, which made a sound best described like somepony trying to flush a brick down a toilet.

Meanwhile, Blitz - eager as always to just play along, had gone over to Storm and started to bark at him playfully whilst her tail started wagging with a bit of effort. Not something she usually did, but it was part of the act, right? Not that she barked for long though. She had a candy treat to finish chewing down whilst the one in the other end of the leash looked around on them, waiting to be told if they were ready to go.

=================================================================================

@~Phoenix~

Smokey would wander out a bit after her, after having observed the mare a little. J-Just to make sure that she wasn't still too weakened that was, which didn't seem to be as bad as it could be, since she did eventually get up and wandered outside to breath in the morning air. Something which might be a good idea for him too, since the air felt a little dense in here and he could stay and enjoy the view from here.

When he got out and had gotten a few deep breaths of morning air as well, along with a couple of big yawns, he started his stretching exercises, and looked at Phoenix with a smile on his face, though he might seem somewhat foolish right now. Not so much because of the stretches, but more because of the rather bad hat hair he had going on. As for where said hat were that usually covered this, the answer were simply that it were in the tent, and that he had forgotten it whilst he were being... Distracted.

"Good morning Phoenix. have you slept w-oah!"

He had barely gotten started before he felt his hoof glide sideways and retracted it, along with a spin to get his hoofing back and get a few steps away from what he had been about to fall into, which seemed to be a rather sizable crater in the ground, going a few meters down at its deepest and filling out the space between the tents, with one almost being dangerously close to falling in.

"Well there's something you don't wake up to every day. I wonder what happened."

Considering the ripples of purple that seemed to be marked into the ground at the center and some places around the edges of the crater, his guess would be the unknown pony that had shown last night. The one whose ears were burning, though what would compel her to mar the ground like this?

================================================================================

@Foxy Socks

"Eh, I don't have anything else to do, I'll stay. Come on birdie, work with a me little here and buckle down while we go into the tent at least? Will make it far easier on all of us."

Agni were not pleased with Anomaly, and did certainly not wish to take orders from her, but for the time being she complied and flapped into the tent, waiting for the others to go into the room that seemed larger than she had expected, before attacking Anomaly again, which just made the draconequui roll her eyes.

"Not doing anything smartypants. Sit on a log or something, if we can make room for it. This place is pretty small all in all, even if somepony seems to have made it bigger. Let's XL this hideout."

Anomaly took hold in what to the others would seem like thin air, but to her were the third wall, and then pulled to the sides to widden the camera and making the room stretch to fit that. After that, she placed a small ball pit and a pillar in here, where a nest were at the top of the pillar.

"There, take the nest, then we fight again tomorrow. Hopefully my other half will come there soon so I can change shapes again, Being stuck in a pony shape feels wrong."

Whilst Agni went for the pillar, Anomaly placed a lid on the food on her back from... Somewhere, sealing it off and hopefully keeping it fresh and yummy for when morning came around. She were almost proud of things, before a mouse trap fell from the pillar and slammed around her nose, which had little effect, but were still annoying. Apparently, Agni had found her little *gift*. Oh well, better luck tomorrow.

If Foxy hadn't dozed off yet, Anomaly would say good night before sliding down into the ball pit and with a sigh close her eyes in what she widely considered the best way to sleep.

=========================================================================

@Lil' Lovebug @CentipedeGhoul

Bubble smiled and started to leave  the room, whilst slowly closing the door behind her.

"Excellent. Well, if there will be anything else, you know where I am. Just not after three please. I need to sleep as well. In any case though, good night."

With that, the door got closed and she wandered down, where Starburst seemed to have gotten a bit of life back into him again, though he sounded like he were complaining about a ringing in his ears? Oh dear.

"Excuse me sir? But perhaps you should visit the hospital and see if they could help with the ringing? I can hand over the package you came here with if you want, if you can tell me who it was for. It's pretty late so getting it to the recipient quickly would likely be important."

@Seamore Sandwich

"Believe what you will about me, but it doesn't change that I search for them, and the egg they have stolen. Our goal remains mutual.

And you can keep whatever things you think have value to yourself. I serve the balance, not coin. I'm not a short-sighted, simplistic clairvoyant who seeks payment for the meager glimpses they see."

Saying the word made Zhu growl. There wasn't too many things that got to him, but being compared to what were little more than circus magicians irked him greatly, especially since they tended to be so infuriatingly set in their short glimpses being the only truth. The only thing he envied them were the ability to hear what they saw too, but that was likely just because their small view were amplified in the single thread they could see. Besides, he could read lips occasionally, depending on the ones he saw, so he were not completely clueless to things.

"The future isn't linear. There's no fate. It's shaped by choices and actions, spiraling from seconds to years, but their kind only sees one line. One time, that barely lasts a few days ahead. I see how it branches, and I live with the burden of knowing what can be for years to come, and having to pick how to best preserve the balance from that. Just as I have to chose what to share to not ruin what is of importance.

But as I said, you can chose to believe me or not. Only thing that matters is that we regain the egg of my sister from the thieves. If you plan to protect it from me after that, I won't resist."

With or without her, Zhu were going to find his sister, so he kept moving and would soon be at the place where the pair had teleported away from, at which point he'd raise a paw and coarse his claws through the air slowly, gathering in residual magic to use in a tracking spell he were mumbling. If he had a map, he could have simply put it there and then gotten it ti burn the places they were not, but right now, he did not have access to that, so constructing a compass would have to do. Unreliable, and it would only show them direction once, but they needed all the help they could get right now.

"It will help. Unless you trust tracking magic as little as you do my sight, Gaea?"

=======================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

"How unfortunate. Hopefully you will have the chance to catch them this time."

Scarcity tapped her chin, pretending to think over things, whilst she internally belittled the officer for his ineptitude. If he had done his job properly, they would not be in this mess right now, though that was of course not something she could say. That would be a good deal more cruel than she could allow herself to seem outside of the black market.

"You know, I have some friends working in a few fields that might use tungsten. I can ask them if they're experiencing any loss currently, and perhaps if they have seen somepony suspicious. Perhaps you have a description to work with? You mentioned the pony had worked under an alias, but wouldn't that alias had to have been seen by some who would know what he looked like?"

=====================================================================================

@Seamore Sandwich

"Yes. It isn't too far."

It would only be around seven minutes or so before they would get to a purple orb that seemed to hover just above a small blind way of the tendrils they were walking on, though Charlie would likely have been to see it a good deal before. No mountains made for rather good long distance visibility.

A purple glow came from Vivid's horn, and slowly a hole swirled in the orb, revealing the body beneath that Charlie had bargained for. His ticket to reality, and Vivid's cause for a good deal of headaches that she hoped would pay off eventually.

"It seems fine, and ready for the ritual, though..."

She recalled the cube she had been supposed to use for this, back when she had others that could help her weave that thing of harmony into life energy, but those she had to help there were gone now, and that option seemed less likely to happen. She couldn't work with it as it were now, as it were testing her strength to even be near it, so likely she had to think of something else. And fast.

"...No, even without somepony to handle the harmony cube, I have options. I just need to harvest some other kind of pure life energy. Potentially some blood from the Evergrown will do.

In any case, how is the boy Charlie? I assume you look forward to inhabiting it?"

• Brohoof 1

@Blitz Boom

"Really? Thanks. I am guessing you don't know what the other one is doing right now," Foxy mumbled as she was tired. She jumped back a few steps as the room expanded impossibly, but there it was before her eyes. "Wow, I didn't know you could do that, thanks."

It was quite late already, likely about one in the morning. Foxy was asleep not long after that. It was the best rest she had had in a long time.

@Blitz Boom

"Uh, yeah, I do," Dawn blinked in confusion. That was a sudden change in subject. She looked at her chimney, well, what she could see that wasn't obscured by fire, and then back at Circle Pop. "I think. Well, if we die from smoke inhalation, that means I don't. Simple," Dawn laughed.

(edited)

@Blitz Boom

"We... understand your intentions but we wish to remain as we are," the voices spoke though any emotion behind their words was lost and can only be inferred. The lack of a face added to that despite having the ability to manipulate bodies in order to convey feelings. "We weren't leaders in our time, simply scholars who realized the importance of preserving information. At the end of our civilzation's time, we used our combined knowledge to seal ourselves and everything we learned into this orb. Our absence would render the information stored within this orb useless as no one would be able to read them. We hope you understand."

Sen took Mother's words to heart and smiled looked up to her. He nodded in understanding as some of his worries dissipated. As Lin had previously asked of Mother, she approached Solasan and only prepared the questions she had in mind. With Sen far too broken and occupied, he would not be in his right mind to ask. The captured simulacrum looked up to her as he wiped that smug look off his face, speculating the questions she had for him and knowing the matter is much more serious. Lin took some time to muster up her courage to ask because some part of her may not want to know the answers to her questions. 

"Why?" Lin quietly asked. "What did we ever do to you?"

"Your father knew too much. He was the first who was subjected to Legion's powers but failed. He gained the accumulated knowledge Legion and I had but never once succumbed to control. I had to get rid of him before he could reveal that information to the rest of the village, even if that means driving his loved ones apart and him to insanity. That was when I grew ambitious. Everything that followed your brother's exile was meant to cover up the passing of the real Solasan while I worked with Legion to fulfil my creator's final wishes."

"Then why did Legion take over me and Sen?"

"Because you were resilient. There was an influence guiding you, making it difficult to keep you away from finding out the truth. It was either getting Omen to betray you or win you over to my side by force. I guess that doesn't matter anymore; Legion is no more but that power is still around. For all intents and purposes, that spell cast on you and your brother was meant to be permanent and Omen still holds your leash. At any point, she could simply order you to do something and you'll revert back to being mindless puppets for her to control. Come to think of it, your brother is so broken that he couldn't imagine this nightmare ever ending. You think he would be better off simply following Omen's commands and unable to think?"

Solasan made sure to speak loudly enough for Omen to hear him. As much as he had fun trying to goad her, his curiosity has been piqued by how she can turn the tables around and get him to think instead of the other way around. He genuinely respects her ability. Lin fell silent at the thought. She was slightly calmed by the idea that someone she trusts was in charge of that kind of magic but disgusted at the suggestion. She didn't have any more questions in mind and stepped away from Solasan, wondering what would follow afterwards.

Edited by EQ_Theta

@Blitz Boom

Lance stood mesmerized by the huge safe. It was like a bank was built into the shoddy cabin.

"Wait, cursed? Really?"

As stated earlier, Lance was extremely envious of Unicorns and Pegasi, and even moreso Alicorns. He knew curses were spells that did awful things to you, but he also knew that they were interesting, to say the least. Plus, it was magic. How could you go wrong with magic, right? But he still paid heed to Null, and took a step back and examined the remainder of the cabin. 

"I would say my place was better, but I'd be lying. The lack of holes in the walls for mine is made up for by the lack of anything else. No furniture, no fireplace. Yeah, this is better than mine, for sure."

That wasn't entirely true, he planned on purchasing some basic furniture and there was a fireplace in his home which lacked firewood. He hoped they didn't plan on visit his home next.

14 hours ago, Blitz Boom said:

Smokey would wander out a bit after her, after having observed the mare a little. J-Just to make sure that she wasn't still too weakened that was, which didn't seem to be as bad as it could be, since she did eventually get up and wandered outside to breath in the morning air. Something which might be a good idea for him too, since the air felt a little dense in here and he could stay and enjoy the view from here.

When he got out and had gotten a few deep breaths of morning air as well, along with a couple of big yawns, he started his stretching exercises, and looked at Phoenix with a smile on his face, though he might seem somewhat foolish right now. Not so much because of the stretches, but more because of the rather bad hat hair he had going on. As for where said hat were that usually covered this, the answer were simply that it were in the tent, and that he had forgotten it whilst he were being... Distracted.

"Good morning Phoenix. have you slept w-oah!"

He had barely gotten started before he felt his hoof glide sideways and retracted it, along with a spin to get his hoofing back and get a few steps away from what he had been about to fall into, which seemed to be a rather sizable crater in the ground, going a few meters down at its deepest and filling out the space between the tents, with one almost being dangerously close to falling in.

"Well there's something you don't wake up to every day. I wonder what happened."

Considering the ripples of purple that seemed to be marked into the ground at the center and some places around the edges of the crater, his guess would be the unknown pony that had shown last night. The one whose ears were burning, though what would compel her to mar the ground like this?

after Phoenix had finished smelling the morning air, she let out a soft yawn, as she heard Smokey come up from behind her. "good morning" she responded, as she turned to him. she didn't seem necessarily energetic. part of it was the fact that she still felt a bit of the fatigue from yesterday, and another part of it was just that her personality never seemed to be that of the bubbly type. 

as she turned to see him, she simply couldn't gloss over the large crater that sat right next to them. her gaze never even met Smokey's as she stopped to inspect the crater with wide, quizzical eyes. "i must have really been asleep if i wasn't waken up by that" she said, with a concerned tone. if she wasn't woken up by something like that, then there definitely was something to be concerned about. if whoever it was that caused this had malicious intent towards her, then she would have been a goner. she could only hope that after her fatigue had gone away, she would return to her normal self. 

"do you have any idea what happened here?" she asked, as she looked all around the crater as she stepped closer to it. 

On 6/30/2017 at 7:09 PM, Blitz Boom said:

(starts just before Cosmic went into meditation)

"Certain trace of Discord's rule lingers, even after his fall. The overall aura of things like what happened to Canterlot did vanish of course, but the Elements are theorized to have a good deal of fault in that, and its glow mainly undid the things he had directly influenced. Certain places had chaos energy spilled out for years, corrupting and evolving wildlife and certain structures, and some parts of it have proven resistant from having the chaos becoming part of the genetics over generations, like the Poison Joke, who grew up in the chaos, but were not directly created by him.

Another example are a group of oddities I have read about before. The name escapes me, but they were sometimes called 'knight squirrels* and were squirrel-like creatures with amphibian properties, and hiding a substantial amount of both intellect and ferocity under the exterior, as well as several rows of sharp teeth in a jaw big enough to cover most of a pony's head. From what i could gather, they grew up in pools affected witht he chaos, and at the time Discord were trapped, they had already been breeding for years and it became part of them.

History seems to not have been kind to them though. For whatever reason, they started to disappear, and at this point, nopony have seen any in decades. They are presumed extinct, though they still work as good examples of what I mean, and from the few bones of them I have found, I can tell you the chaotic trace in them are still present, even after death. Effective essence in dream powder or a one time usage panacea."

There were more usages, but it seemed pointless to mention more, especially as it seemed as if Cosmic had started to go into his own world at some point during her lecture. besides, the creatures were presumed extinct, or at least migrated to other shores. Perhaps places with more chaos energy in the land? It had never been certain if they needed a font of that kind to keep growing, but she supposed that if that were the case, the crater near her old home would have attracted some of them during the years, and that hadn't been the case.

Regardless, with Cosmic occupied, she might as well return to work, which is what she would do until he either addressed her or they would reach the station in Canterlot. She had a good deal of herbs to grind, put into the right vials in her bag, then mix with purified water or whatever else of liquids she had with her. it wasn't much she had with her here really, but she always carried the bases for paralytic toxins on her after some bad experiences in her past, so she could replenish some of her stock of that right now, and prepare in case something happened on the train that would require some action.

@Blitz Boom,

*Cosmic comes out of his meditation to just watch Belladonna work. He found it kept him calm back home to watch others do their normal routines. He says not a word. He just observes. Though he can't wait for this train ride to be over. He has become curious about the one calling him.*

_Meanwhile_

*Deep in the everfree forest, Another is having troubles of their own. She had found that which called her away. However, what she discovered was memories long forgotten. She was a changeling. A warrior infiltrator to be exact. Now she understands why she can do what she does and why the love and care her caretakers had for her had made her so healthy. She also knows what the Chrysalis in her room is for and why it was there.*

*Cacora is now just crying on the floor in the center of the now abandoned outpost near Ponyville. Cacora is lost and doesn't seem to know what to do.*

@Blitz Boom

Warlock looked to Athriel as she spoke, lifting up a hoof with smoke around it, curiously looking at it, since the smoke wasn't green. "Strange." He tried to see Iron Star, being able to watch from a distance but not any closer, spotting Dew wearing the amulet. Warlock chuckled, grinning at an idea. "If we get a hold of the amulet, I could place it around Iron Star, he'd be unable to use his omnipotence after that, and those around him wouldn't be able to either." He looked at Chow, then Astral. "And when we get to dealing with him, these two will be out of range of my magic." He lifted a hoof to a pile of burnt wood, levitating and molding into metal, forming into the shape of chains, Warlock taking hold of them, tossing one over to Athriel, the chain would lack any signs of heat, levitating the other chaining Astral to Chow's front legs together, while allowing Athriel to chain Chow up. "Both of them have warding, so after the ritual we can deal with Iron Star, these two stuck here." He grinned a little. "Oh and yes I could keep track of the bearers, unlike Iron Star I can sense the elements presence before they are ever held by the pony. one of my, abilities." He created a batch of throwing stars from more burnt wood. "Which one do we look for first?"

Iron Star looked a little distressed, feeling his dark magic drain, towards the amulet. Something that would actually draw attention, since his was built up enough to see visibly. Misty's being gone in a puff of smoke. Francis again having his disguise turning off likely to only startle either Benny or Dew, possibly a few others, Nectar, not really changing. Luckily for Iron Wing his enchantments were reliant on the etched in markings, rather than magic, so his wings were intact. Iron Star groaning a little without being able to use his omnipotence. "Okay, seems they're arrival will be a surprise now..." He mumbled quietly, looking to Dew, having been cut off before Warlock mentioned anything other than the ritual. "Well, we don't really have to go anywhere, they are looking for me in particular now."

Iron Wing wings shuffled a little, slightly excited to fight. "My armor can wait Benny, I'm pretty good with my wings on their own."

"Your wings won't matter with Warlock, h-"

"Amulet."

He lifted his hoof to respond, putting it down. "Right."

"If it does work, we'll be able to attack him, if they cancel out, no magic for him to use, we can still attack him."

"But if it doesn't work we're all dead, won't be able to fashion a backup plan after that."

Iron Wing looked to Golden, then to the amulet. "Without knowing how this would react the battle could go in anyway, we should prepare for all possibilities."

@Foxy Socks

The sun rose, and with it... Well, Anomaly didn't follow suit. She really wasn't a morning sort of being, though she were awakened regardless when a pony waltzed into their tent, looking like she had been halfway droned and halfway fallen into a pyre. Potentially she had also just been rolling in water after falling into a camp fire. Considering that it was the other half of Anomaly's avatar, that were a distinct possibility.

"Hey, wake up! It's all light and stuff. Ponies are waking up now."

"We're not ponies... I wanna sleep..."

The one in the ball pit seemed like she'd prefer to just have this conversation later on, but the other half wasn't having any of it and just moved over there with a big grin on her face, and seemingly hiding something behind her back that she dragged in with her.

"Oh stop being like that. I brought gifts!"

The one in the ball pit slowly emerged and looked at the grinning other half of her, almost feeling blinded by the angle of the sun hitting her metallic body, but curious as to what she had brought.

There wasn't a time for introductions in the burned one's mind though, and so she didn't even try to wait before dragging fully into view a small box, and within that one, a hoodful of feathers, some dirt, a log, and an apple that had gotten a bite chewed out of it. Trash essentially, but something which made the two of them instead just look at one another, let out an excited squeak, and then bopped heads as they started to melt together. Or well, the one who had slept here more or less absorbed her, but still.

When that were done, the completed avatar stuck her head into the crate and melted out into it like ice cream on a hot day, filling it up with a liquid mass of the things that had been in there, metals, and for some reason, a candy corn. It would rummage around like it were stirred in for a few seconds more before the box would implode to a small, pinprick dot in the air, before it expanded and Anomaly stood there in a new shape once more.

Her appearance were more feline in it this time, though still the height of a pony. Her base body looked like hardened mud with a bark *skin* covering it here and there. A tail emerged behind her made from feathers, and which were a pattern that follow up over her spine and head like a mohawk.

The face were more wooden than the other parts of her, though the teeth in the yawning mouth were pure metal, and her eyes seemed to be made of candy corns, though an iris could be seen there if you looked enough. Around her neck grew a *mane* of bushes, carrying a variety of berries all around, and as for the metal that had been there before, it had gotten to some use in flexible plates on her joints like armor, as well as a small shield that were seemingly growing out of her forehead, with just a few holes there for her eyes and the bottom part being just over her nose.

"Oh man that felt soooo much better. Being stuck in pony form is boring."

================================================================================

@Dji

Pop laughed with Dawn, but more nervously. It was pretty clear that the prospect of passing out from smoke inhalation wasn't exactly her idea of a fun time.

"Let's hope it doesn't come to that, but perhaps that was a bit too grim of a thought to start up with. To be honest, I'm just trying to find something to talk about since I don't know what to say right now. It's hard to know how to connect to new ponies sometimes, you know? Usually it'd happen at the store when I meet new ones, and I could speak about candy, but that didn't sound like it would interest you considering you didn't eat it.

Could you uhm... Right, tell me what your hobbies are perhaps?"

It was awkward to talk with somepony you had little in common with in her mind, and sadly, when it came to Dawn, the only things she did knew they had in common she couldn't speak about. Namely dragons and having those around you leave.

===============================================================================

Ziggy tapped her chin, trying to figure out what sort of thing she might wanna do.

Usually she'd go for tackle-hugging or trying to find somepony to help, but that wasn't really much of an option this late, or not needed because of the hospital being so close.

Flying around to look at things was a little pointless too since it was dark and from above the tree crowns, they'd mainly just end up seeing leaves in pale light.

They could play with Fah'lina a bit perhaps, but she were still showering in the lake, and after how she had helped them before, potentially annoying her like that didn't feel right for tonight.

It would be a bit longer before a pear finally flashed above her head, and she'd raise the hoof from her chin and finally exclaim an idea.

"Adventuring! I bet there's somewhere we can explore nearby."

@EQ_Theta

"When times are uncertain, knowledge can lead better than any king.

As for your request, I will not force you to the afterlife. As long as you are not going insane, you're not lost, and so it is not my place to reap your souls."

It had not always been this way, but the times when she had to travel far and wide to collect all but the most stubborn of souls were long gone. These days, she just took in the hopeless and the pained. Those who were left behind and languished in their torment, begging for someone to help them, but nearly always finding their pleas to fall on deaf ears.

To help them had sealed her fate, much as it had theirs, but this were not the time to think on that. She needed to focus on who were here now, and in particular the questioning that now were of Salosan. Whatever he had to say might prove useful for them. Beyond the countless taunts that were.

"Even Master Discord told me that controlling every move isn't right. Change around, make them strange, that okay he said. Blanking a mind wasn't. Said it was like killing them, and I'm not killing Sen to stop nightmares. Sounds too far.

Besides, I don't really know how I controlled them before. Something with concentrating, but I can't remember if there were more."

"That explains that part."

Omen looked up at Mother as she half-mumbled something in response to the last thing Omen had said.

"Something wrong, Mother?"

"No no dear, just your memory loss. I'll tell you and your siblings about it later.

And as for you, amalgamation. Your selfish reasons to do such horrible things to both them, their family, and your creator's town, is despicable. What in the name of death itself would make your foolish creator think this a good idea?"

============================================================================

@genessee

"Salvaged debris and borrowed sleeping bags aren't furniture or a house. It's a half-broken shed at best, and a swimming pool if it starts to rain."

Null couldn't see how an actual home with just no furniture in it yet, were worse than this Frankenstein of a *house* that they had managed to put together earlier, so they'd at least have some roof over their heads and a small amount of privacy. If it wasn't because t he two of them were used to rather poor living arrangements and having to make things up with what they found, they might have not even made this and just snuck some tents off, rather than make a space where they'd have a bit more freedom to walk in, and the option to light a fire if the night got cold.

"W-When we get it done, we'll try to m-make the decorations ourselves. Some glass, some w-wooden furniture. T-Things like that."

"Unless they hose us and chase us out of town instead of keeping their word."

"Well... I-I think if they wanted to c-chase us out, they would have done it already though. R-Right? Especially a-after the uhm... W-What happened before."

"Perhaps, but that doesn't mean I trust them out of nowhere."

Void couldn't argue against her sister much on this. Might be that she wanted to trust the locals and be neighborly, but the last twenty years hadn't exactly shown them much reason to trust strangers, so the paranoid talk from Null made a good deal of sense for the two of them. They'd likely end up looking over their shoulders in this place for months before they could really try to attempt to trust that some might not come over and set fire to their house when they weren't there, or something like that. Wouldn't be the first time.

"Anyway, like you said, cursed items. Void and I don't get affected by them, so when we stumbled over some during the years, we've taken them with us to keep them out of the hooves of others. Some of these stuff could really cause havoc if in the possession of a villain, or a weak-minded civilian. We're thinking about handing them over to Princess Celestia for cleansing or destruction when we have the chance. Might work as a sign of good faith."

======================================================================================

@~Phoenix~

"Unfortunately, I was asleep too when this happened, though I might have some idea about who did this.

When you woke up last night and I checked in, Widdershins had returned from his coal state, but he wasn't the only one. Out of nowhere this strange mare showed up, and she didn't appear to be too happy to see a draconequus.

I can't be sure if she was the culprit but these purple lines match in color to some of the thick clothes she wore, and something tells me that a mare appearing out of a puff of purple smoke, with a spiked tail, and ears that were constantly burning, might not be too good news. Though fortunately it seems like no tent were hit, so there's that at least."

To be honest, he wasn't even sure if whom he saw were a mare. Not of a regular, pony kind at least. For her size, her horn were too long - unless she had an absurd amount of magic perhaps - the flaming ears weren't normal to any sort of pony, and neither were the tail, or the glowing runes he had seen the edges off. Thick clothes during a moderately warm autumn night did happen, so that wasn't too weird, but the rest made him doubtful.

"I believe it will be best if we don't touch the colored patches in that crater, just to be on the safe side. How about we just leave this be, tell one of the guards in town, and then I take you out for breakfast? My treat, of course."

Smokey hoped she would take him up on his offer, since quite frankly, it was too early to deal with things like this. Partially glowing craters were more of a noon thing if any.

@Midnight_Aurora

The train ride would go on in silence from Belladonna's part. Some were heard when she grinded, a bit of clanging of glass now and then as well, but nothing too loud, and the methodical rhythm there were in it could be oddly soothing for some. At least that is what her boss told her, though she suspected he simply wanted to keep an eye on her at that point in time because he was still pretty uneasy about the poisons she carried with her.

When the horn blew and Canterlot got close, she had just finished mixing up around four different small bags for dust, and emptying a half vial of pale-green liquid into a dozen of the needle-like containers she had in her bag, and used for application of her concoctions. It wasn't much liquid in each, but it didn't need to be either in the concentrations she worked with.

"Right on schedule. The train will stop at the station in 1 minute and 42 seconds."

She began packing down, being careful, but still moving with an acceptable amount of haste. Unless Cosmic did something, she should be done packing this 19 seconds before the train would stop, which would be plenty enough time to walk to the door and be ready to enter Canterlot.

@Lloyd

"The logical choice would be to start with my element, though where exactly that is is anyone's guess. I do have a lead for the next element in general though. We find that, and if it's not mine, you can find who the intended owner is."

Athriel made sure that the chains that were tossed to her were secured properly with Chow. She had been in his head for a while and knew some of his tricks to get out of these things, but this time around, he wouldn't be able to if it were up to her. He had done plenty of damage enough as it were.

"Awh, why aren't you smiling Chow? I thought you wished to be able to find someone that wouldn't run away when they got near you?"

"Big words coming from somepony who betrays their own niece. Bet your parents would be real proud."

The comment earned Chow a hard punch in his face from Athriel. She didn't enjoy having idiots like this bring up her family, no matter how little she cared for the collective bunch of them, and that last bit had been him just begging for it in her mind.

"As for Iron, we'll get to him in time, but again, we need to be prepared. You're not the physically strongest Warlock, and this borrowed body of mine isn't enough against military-trained guard. We need muscle to make a hit on him, unless the idiot actually walks far enough away from the amulet to allow a quick snatch, but we should play smarter than walk into a trap. We get some muscle first, or we prepare the pieces of the ritual and give him an ultimatum about his wife and daughter. That should draw him in."

After making sure Chow were secured and properly chained together with Astral - face to face, for her own amusement as well as a few security reasons - she took to the sky and picked up the book she had stolen from Canterlot, and then secured. She would be back with it shortly after and started to flip through the first few pages, looking for an index that would point towards what she were looking for.

"...Ah, here we go. *The popular assumption is that dragons originated from Dragon Land, but tests, as well as the account of the longest living dragon know about, Ancalagon, put the origin closer to one of several abandoned islands, south of Neighpon.*"

The book gets slammed close, and Athriel grins triumphantly as she shows the open page to Warlock.

"And what do you know, they even included a map of which ones of the seven islands it likely is. We'll find something there."

Meanwhile, Chow grits his teeth, still feeling the punch from before, but refusing the give Athriel the pleasure of letting her know it hurt.

==========================================================================

@Lloyd

After all that had happened, and how the amulet had shown to gorge on magical attacks and objects near it already, the stream of magic that faintly flowed ever so slowly towards the amulet from Iron Star were not something that anypony remarked about. Nor were they saying anything about Nectar's disguise failing, though Benny did seem like he were about to say something before deciding to keep it to himself. It didn't seem the right time to ask about why there were changelings in the palace considering the other things going on.

"If Warlock is looking for you in particular, that's just another reason why I can't leave your side. Might be it rains your magic and cuts off our link to see what is going on, but so would it if they teleported in and got hold of you, then just hauled you off. We can't risk that, since you seem important to them for some reason. Something tells me there's something you haven't been telling us about them."

"Be that as it may, we still need to get to work to prevent this from getting worse, and perhaps device a plan if we can find some of the objects they are looking for, though who in their right mind would know where there are Elements of Disharmony is beyond me."

"Wait, you're looking for those things? Any of them in particular?"

"I beg your pardon? You know of those things?"

"Sort of. I mean, I don't personally know where they are, but my grandfather kept talking about a few of these when I were a whelpling, and far as I know, my cousin's following his weird footsteps. I don't know where exactly though. Grandpa were a paranoid sort and he used magic to hide himself from any sort of watchful eye, even omnipotence, if you can believe his words. He'd have done to same to my cousin if it were, though I do know a few places they'd go. I could send a letter and see if they could help I guess?"

"Yes. General Screecher and General Wings, take him with you as you send letters out via the teleportation device. If anypony says they need it written, force your way past them if needed, and tell them to come to me. We don't have the time to waste."

Whilst Warlock might be able to see what were going on from a distance, the amulet should be eating magic enough around so that he could not hear what were being discussed currently. Perhaps both teams still had a chance to surprise the other after all.

"Understood. General Wings, Benny, are you ready?"

The dragon simple nodded, and hoped that things wouldn't go wrong here. Like say, somepony getting in here within the two and a half minute it would be before the entire castle were warded off from teleportation magic outside of the scrolls. Something which could be interrupted by draining some of the barrier that would be, or knocking out any of the seven casters it took to maintain this properly, but it would give them a small amount of breathing air to react to things.

• Brohoof 2