Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokemon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire Discussion Thread

Venomous

Ah, Relicanth. I remember that the Pokémon was a force to be reckoned with in Pokémon Battle Revolution. It's such a shame that it doesn't get much love just like the rest of the Pokémon.

Come to think of it. I should get one for my party to unlock the doors that lead to the Legendary trio.

• Brohoof 1

I'm just wondering. Are we allowed to request Pokémon battles here? If so, then does anypony wanna Single Battle me and my Pokemon team? If not, then I'm sorry for being silly. 

I've never actually battled another person before, so I'm afraid I would get dumpster'd really hard and not give you a fair fight.

Wait for me guys, my big bro just bought a 3DS (regular size) through Craiglist for 80 dollar and I just bought Omega Ruby the next day XD

For now, I just have Treecko and Quiet Nature Ralts, in the PC, there's Adamant Nature Ralts, Slakoth and some random pokemon.

So here I was, making an Assault Vest using Bisharp, when I didn't breed Pursuit onto the Pawniards.

This particular Bisharp will be 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Spe. Should I simply forgo the Assault Vest, reallocate the EVs and use Swords Dance? Or should I replace Pursuit with something for coverage, like Stone Edge?

Edited by SirOfScience

So here I was, making an Assault Vest using Bisharp, when I didn't breed Pursuit onto the Pawniards.

This particular Bisharp will be 192 HP / 220 Atk / 96 Spe. Should I simply forgo the Assault Vest, reallocate the EVs and use Swords Dance? Or should I replace Pursuit with something for coverage, like Stone Edge?

Assuming you're going with Sucker Punch, Pursuit, and Iron Head... probably Swords Dance. It at least lets Bisharp beat some of its normal counters like Heatran. I'm honestly not sure what Stone Edge covers...

I'm honestly not sure what Stone Edge covers...

Any Fire type, really. Unfortunately, since Bisharp is slow as butts, it probably wouldn't matter unless it's a special attacker. 

Alrighty then, thank ye.

Hold on there. If Bisharp is holding Assault Vest then it can't use Swords Dance as the item only lets the Pokémon do damaging attacks.

Correct. I would simply swap out the item for something else; say, a Life Orb or a Focus Sash?

Either way, I plan on correcting my mistake in my spare time when I get my hands on a Croagunk at some point.

Correct. I would simply swap out the item for something else; say, a Life Orb or a Focus Sash?

Either way, I plan on correcting my mistake in my spare time when I get my hands on a Croagunk at some point.

Probably life orb. Last time I did the calculation, you end up Ohkoing offensive Heatran and Talonflame with Sucker punch. You'll have to deal with mind games with the latter, but that's obviously still really powerful.

Oh man, I feel so bad now.

I battled a girl over in California just now for my first ever Battle Spot. She had four legendaries on her team, and I only had my Latias. She also had over 150 battles, so I was prepared to get wrecked. However, I've just discovered that leading with Mega Sableye is dumb. Two burns on her Lucario and Resolute-Keldeo later, she DC's.

First win hype?

Oh man, I feel so bad now.

I battled a girl over in California just now for my first ever Battle Spot. She had four legendaries on her team, and I only had my Latias. She also had over 150 battles, so I was prepared to get wrecked. However, I've just discovered that leading with Mega Sableye is dumb. Two burns on her Lucario and Resolute-Keldeo later, she DC's.

First win hype?

All aboard!

Honestly, though, I love Sableye, but i've never played with the mega version. Is he good?

All aboard! Honestly, though, I love Sableye, but i've never played with the mega version. Is he good?

Basically, the way Sableye plays is to abuse his Prankster ability as much as possible before Mega Evolving, which then turns it into Magic Bounce. The way I did it is to not Mega Evolve on the first turn to put out a Prankster Will-O-Wisp, and then Mega Evolve the second turn (where Prankster is still in effect) to put out a Calm Mind.

His defenses are absurd, he has access to Recover, can pass out more burns than Oprah does shows, and has a win condition in Calm Mind + Dark Pulse / Shadow Ball. He is the ultimate asshole, and I adore it.

Oh, and he's the only reliable answer to Spiderman.

Edited by SirOfScience
  • Brohoof 1

I can't wait to get it when I'm able to! I didn't technically own the game, but when I was little, I had a friend who had a game boy advance with both ruby and emerald. His parents bought emerald for his little sister, but she didn't like it, meaning whenever I came over I got to play on my own save file! my starter was treeko, and I can't quite remember what pokemon I caught, except I remember wingul and lotad were a few of them.

.... I don't even want to be a part of the Pokemon Community anymore.

I was facing someone who was spamming shell smash on Pokemon Showdown, so he said in the chat:

"Smash

smash

smash

liek I wuz doin to ur mom last nite." (Yes, spelled exactly like that)

Is this really what humanity is coming to?

Oh, don't listen to all of that. The opponent's probably one of those huge ego Smogon Grunts. We get that a lot when it comes to Pokémon Showdown.

It's such a shame that they take it seriously when they are about to lose and just use foul language all over the place. Talk about immature if you ask me.

Edited by Photon Jet
  • Brohoof 2

So, I just finished Gym 7 by sneezing it.

My team are

Sceptile, Latios, Mawile, Armaldo, and Gallade. Everyone is so strong now I defeated Tate and Liza's pokemon before they used their move yet, using the bolded pokemon. Latios use Shadow Ball and Mawile use Iron Head while on Mega.

Anyway, any suggestions for a pokemon? I'm initially thinking of a Sharpedo, but as times goes on, it didn't appeal to me anymore :/

Also, how do we Soar with Latios?

Edited by FabulousNightmare

Grinding a more varied-generation party for the post-game. Of course, Floatzel is on there.

I'll get the full list when it's not 3AM, but I know that Floatzel and Herdier are members.