Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How easy is it for people to know you're a brony?

Stone Cold Applejack

Similar with me, if I am not wearing my shirt it's hard to tell. I was also very introverted about it at first. A couple days after joining the fandom, I was wearing my Brony shirt while running some errands and the cashier at a pet food store asked me who my favorite pony was. For some reason I got really nervous. I am more relaxed and open about it now. I even have a subtle Rainbow Dash decal on my car.

It's easy when people really know me. I post ponies on fb, there are ponies on my IPhone everywhere. WhatsApp, background, etc.  :pinkie: , and when they walk into my house and see my MLP merchandise they'll know it for sure.  :derp:

Edited by Pinkie-Sparkle

For the most part, not too easy. I mean, it's pretty obvious if you see any of my phone/computer wallpapers, or if you see my bedroom, but most people don't see any of those, so they won't know. I'm not really hiding it (very well), but I'm not going out of my way to advertise.

i keep talking about the fandom and the show to my friends and close people and they dosent mind about being a brony

so overall i think it would be easy for me to tell people that im brony :)

Edited by knuckles

Not very easy at all to be honest, I really don't go around telling people that I like the show and I also don't wear a lot of pony clothing or anything either, other than that I just look like your typical Nebraska country boy. However, my brother who is a whole state away knows, and my mom who is also a state away knows as well, neither one of them has really thought much of it. Really the only way someone will get to know I'm a brony or that I am into MLP is if I feel comfortable enough around them to let them know. Like for instance at work the other day I was on my hour lunch and I was talking to a fellow co worker who was running the cashier at the time, I saw her looking at minecraft stuff so that is why I asked, well of course buy that shelf of Yugioh and Pokemon stuff and all that their was also pony stuff so of course I couldn't resit pointing out a Rainbow Dashie, and of course the lady really didn't judge or care much. While many other people I know their probably wouldn't be nearly as kind.

So really, I will admit to liking MLP if someone asks, but other than that their is really no reason to just randomly say I like ponies. :lol:

I don't own any pony related clothing yet so you would have no idea that I was a brony out and about.

If you went into my room though I have a derpy vinyl figure on my desk and a plush Rainbow Dash on my bed. My search history and bookmarks toolbar would also be a good indicator that I be into ponies.

Once you get onto my computer, quite easy. Otherwise, in general it would be quite challenging for someone to determine that. My friends probably had suspicions, but I'm prone to having fazes over certain things, so I suppose they thought it was just one of those. 

• 2 weeks later...

I don't talk about it often. I will occasionally say things like "Everypony" but most of the time people just think I'm f**kin' around. If people ask me if I watch the show I'll say I do. I'm not gonna hide it. It's a TV Show, I don't mind if people know.

However I'm not as much of a brony as most of you. I mean, if I come across a shirt in real life at a store or something I may buy it if it's cool looking, but other wise I'm not going to go out of my way to get pony things. I go out of my way to get video game merchandise and Walking Dead merchandise. Haha. 

Pretty impossible for anyone to know unless they get up around midnight.

I'm thinking about telling my mom but here's what the reactions from my family would probably be

My dad would grab his shotgun

My mom is very understanding, so I'm pretty safe there

My step-mom would stare me down

My step-sister would just go YAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY

Any of my friends would hunt me down for the rest of the school year

And my grandma would have no idea even if she did find something that has to do with it

Not that easily. I'm not interested in buying boatloads of merchandise. (I have a few Funko mystery minis however.) I never talk about FiM with anyone except my mom occasionally. (She's a fan of the show too! :D)

I just watch the show and participate in the online community, nobody has ever known that I'm a brony except my sister, who too often barges in without knocking to see ponies everywhere on my screen when looking at a site.

I own no merch, and only a few people know. No one has ever guessed. I don't flaunt it because, well, it's probably not a good idea to. 

It might be more obvious if they checked my MP3 playlists, documents, etc., but if they've gotten to there, I've bigger things to worry about.

Edited by Shardikku

No-one can tell, I look like an average (sexy) person. 

But if you listen closely, I never say yes. I say "eeyup". That's how I usually get caught.

Im using that forever now.

Im fairly obvious at my school. Im a senior in high school and my folders are mlp folders, and I can be found drawing ponies all the time. But I don't wear any clothing and say "Hey world! I'm a brony!" If you observe me close enough you can tell but its not first glance.