Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who wears glasses and why?

Dashie23

just got my eyes tested today, and I'm getting glasses for my stigmatism and stuff. The frames I picked look rather hipsterish( black plastic frames) , but I got to thinking, "Who else wears glasses and for what reasons?" (And yes, I know that you wear glasses to see better). do you wear them to look cool, for stigmatism, far sightedness, shortsightedness, what? 

• Brohoof 2

I wear glasses, because my sight to far areas have been getting worse. At first I didn't wear them at school because I felt that someone would mock me, but after a while I started wearing them and now I wear them. 

I still don't wear them when I'm walking outside in public I don't know why.

• Brohoof 1

I pretty much wear them anytime I read or use the computer; whether at home or at work. Essentially, they're reading glasses so they don't have any use for seeing long distance.

You see, at one point, I was getting almost constant headaches. It seems that my vision was put at great strain when I was looking at anything up close. When I got the glasses my headaches, for the most part, disappeared.

Anywho I wear them for most of the day. Anytime I walk, I just look over them. Besides, I think they look awesome. <3

• Brohoof 3

I wear them because I'm legally blind (nearsighted with astigmatism in my right eye) without them. I have to be like really awkwardly close to someone before I can see they have a face. I also ironically need my glasses to find my glasses. Being without them for any length of time stresses my eyes out bad enough to get migranes, which are how they found out I needed them.

• Brohoof 3

I'm nearsighted, so I normally wear them when going to class, or to an important meeting. I can see okay without them and can play a sport and live most of my life like that, but things start to get pretty blurry, so I need it for a few specific instances.

• Brohoof 2

I wear light prescription glasses sometimes but they are very dark, because I have problems with my left eye focusing, adjusting to brightness, and some other "sync" problems. But I prefer to just keep it closed.

I imagine people wear them for the only reason to wear them... to see...

And I can't help but think someone as being pretentious when they're wearing those movie theater 3d glasses with the lenses popped out. It's like wearing sunglasses indoors/at night-you don't look cool.

I almost always wear contacts, but I do also have glasses. I used to never wear them out because I thought they looked bad on me, but now I don't wear them because they're a lower prescription than my contacts and they're all scratched up. I only wear them at night in the hour or two between taking out my contacts and going to bed, when I don't need to see all that well.

I've decided that I like the way I look in glasses though, so I'm going to get new ones after my next eye appointment, when I can get my new even stronger prescription because my eyes steadily worsened throughout my teen years (which are only very very recently behind me :P )

I wear em for two reasons

1 I'm required by NYS law to wear them when I drive

2 I hate the idea of putting something in my eye, you know contacts

My eyes are not nearly as bad as some people but bad enough where nys mandates i gotta wear em

• Brohoof 1

I wear mine because I seriously can't see 4 feet in front of me, and because I look a little odd without them now. Plus I've sleep deprived myself so my eyes look like shit. My left eye's can be lazy at times but that came after I started wearing glasses.

Used to wear glasses when I was in high school. At 18 I got LASIK surgery. Pretty much eliminated my need for them and now I have super awesome vision. Although I actually do miss them, they actually fit my personality.