Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Who wears glasses and why?

Dashie23

I wear glasses to augment my eyes. My sight has been deteriorating quite a bit over the years due to some weird-ass factors. Without my glasses I can't see anything past 20 meters, and I can't see faces very clearly even at up close :confused:

Tried contact lens once, I freaked out and stabbed my own eyeballs :squee:

Who wears glasses:

People with bad eyesight.

Why:

To fix their bad eyesight.

I would have thought this was obvious...

While you are correct, the specific reason behind said 'bad eyesight'  isn't necessarily the same between people, so I think it's an interesting discussion to participate in. :)

Because I can't see who's who, and I constantly have to squint my eyes to look at a person 1.5-2 meters away from me, because I'm not sure if they are a friend or stranger. This has led to many awkward things. :please: 

i wore them when i was about 8 years old, for the period of about 1 year(i think)

since that, i never wore any.

which makes me wonder:did the doctor just diagnose me incorrectly?

TJgZWZ2.png

I got mine from Coastal.com for 60 dollars, excellent customer service. Anyways, I'm near-sighted with astigmatism. I wear them pretty much all the time unless I'm showering or in bed. I've been wearing glasses since third grade, and while I hated it back then, since I had glasses and braces, I don't mind so much now. They're actually kind of cute. Hell, my OC even has glasses. <3

• Brohoof 1

I wear glasses, and my eyesight is TERRIBLE. I have like, 20:80 vision. Something has to be, like, right in front of me to be able to read it. It sucks.

I've been wearing glasses since the fourth grade... I've tried wearing contacts, but my eyes just did not like them!

I also have TERRIBLE vision -- -7.50 last I checked!

They determined somewhere back around fifth grade that I was supposed to be wearing glasses for nearsightedness, but I never could get used to wearing them. So... I just stopped. xD

In high school I got a fancy pair of prescription sunglasses, but I only wore them for marching band and this driver's ed course I took as I'm required to wear glasses if I were to drive, or that's how it was back then, now driving isn't happening. But that's another topic.

i got told i need glasses but its very un-necessary for me as its literally like going from normal to hd if that even makes sence

everything has like a ruff edge till i put on my glasses

My vision's bad enough that everything more than about a foot from my face is blurry when I take my glasses off, but I get the exact same "THE WORLD IS IN HD" impression when I get a new perscription. 

I flinch when my fingers are near my eyes (makes putting on any sort of eye makeup irritating), so I've never tried contacts. I like the way my glasses highlight my eyes and frame my face. They're a great, cute, brainy accessory.  :)

• Brohoof 2

Yeah I wear glasses, can't see without 'em, well, I can, but only things an inch or two from my eyes, other than that i can't see anything.

Well judging by your avatar, maybe if you stopped jabbing your eye with your hoof it would help!

• Brohoof 1

I was far-sighted growing up.....I stopped wearing glasses in 8th grade because I couldn't notice the difference anymore, and my foster said I didn't need new glasses (too expensive)...so yeah, haven't worn glasses in years....

I have worn glasses since around 3rd Grade. The reason why I wear glasses is because back then I had always almost literally shoved my face in front of the television to watch it, and my family members always told me that it would mess up my eyesight. I didn't believe them.....now here I am at the age of 15 with my 3rd or 4th pair of glasses. (My other pairs always broke, so I can't tell which pair I am wearing right now).