Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

technology The Glorious PC master race thread

Yourmomsponies

These are scary times in the gaming industry. Bethesda is doing paid mods, (because that worked out so well when Valve tried to do it) Take Two is giving out C&Ds like there is no tomorrow, Minecraft, FUCKING MINECRAFT, has even added user-made maps, skins, and textures to a online store that is paid for in "coins". Coins that you have to pay real money for. (Although, the OG Java version doesn't deal with that bullshit. Thanks Micro$oft!)

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Ah, #PCMR. My favorite thing to say to trigger console peasants.

Specs:
NZXT Phantom Big Tower Black/Orange.

Sabertooth 990FX Gaming.

16GB DDR RAM.

AMD FX-8350 4GHz 8-core.

Gigabyte AMD R9 390X 8GB Gaming.

550W PSU, Gold rating obviously.

1x Intel 250GB SSD for my OS 'n shit.

2x 2TB WD harddrive, Black Edition.

1x 3TB WD harddrive, Black Edition.

1x 4TB Seagate external HDD.

1x 2TB Seagate external HDD.

2x HP Compaq LA2405wg (primary and secondary) 1920x1200 on both.

1x Dell S2240L (tertiary) 1920x1080.

• Brohoof 1

6 minutes ago, Yakamaru said:

Ah, #PCMR. My favorite thing to say to trigger console peasants.

Specs:
NZXT Phantom Big Tower Black/Orange.

Sabertooth 990FX Gaming.

16GB DDR RAM.

AMD FX-8350 4GHz 8-core.

Gigabyte AMD R9 390X 8GB Gaming.

550W PSU, Gold rating obviously.

1x Intel 250GB SSD for my OS 'n shit.

2x 2TB WD harddrive, Black Edition.

1x 3TB WD harddrive, Black Edition.

1x 4TB Seagate external HDD.

1x 2TB Seagate external HDD.

2x HP Compaq LA2405wg (primary and secondary) 1920x1200 on both.

1x Dell S2240L (tertiary) 1920x1080.

That's a lot of storage :wacko:

Just remember not to call the console gamers who just want to play games and don't spew ignorant b.s. and misinformation :P

You thinkin' of upgrading to Ryzen?

Just now, Star Mist said:

My local thrift store is selling all of these old but unopened ATI Radeon HD 4650's. I grabbed one for just 10 bucks and it worked and played alright. 

ATI.thumb.jpg.75b619126efb435f7e377328ca36e2e1.jpg

Radeon 4650, damn, that's ancient stuff, hah!

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Celli said:

That's a lot of storage :wacko:

Just remember not to call the console gamers who just want to play games and don't spew ignorant b.s. and misinformation :P

You thinkin' of upgrading to Ryzen?

A lot of storage? Not really. Thinking about expanding, to be honest.

A console is basically a butchered PC with limited, well, literally everything. In every way a PC is a better platform/system, even on a budget.

As for Ryzen: Going to wait a year until the new AMD GPU's start kicking off. Going to make myself a real fucking AMD beast with Windows 7.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Yakamaru said:

A lot of storage? Not really. Thinking about expanding, to be honest.

A console is basically a butchered PC with limited, well, literally everything. In every way a PC is a better platform/system, even on a budget.

As for Ryzen: Going to wait a year until the new AMD GPU's start kicking off. Going to make myself a real fucking AMD beast with Windows 7.

13TB is a lot, though, you got specific use for it all?

And I know consoles are inferior in every way, but I won't go out of my way to call harmless console gamers peasants :P Just the ones who try to say that consoles are better.

4 minutes ago, Celli said:

And I know consoles are inferior in every way, but I won't go out of my way to call harmless console gamers peasants :P Just the ones who try to say that consoles are better.

Everything from Anime to TV series and movies, even store games. Some crap is REALLY hard to come by. There have been times where I've been scouring for months until finally stumbling over shit.

• Brohoof 1

On 8/8/2017 at 8:31 PM, Celli said:

Gotta agree that its a lot. .Tho the only people I know with that much space are filling it with less than...family friendly content. I mean if you're gonna go, you're gonna go big or go home. Thats more content I think I have time to watch if I was unemployed for 3 months. :nom:

• Brohoof 1

So AMD screwed up the launch of Vega. Now Nvidia is looking like the best option. You had one job AMD! One job!!! 

If Vega had launched this time last year, it would be a much more compelling option than a 1070 or 1080. But we now are in this situation where AMD dropped the ball on stock, and whenever there is any, fucking miners come in and snatch them all up.

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, Vulon Bii said:

If Vega had launched this time last year, it would be a much more compelling option than a 1070 or 1080. But we now are in this situation where AMD dropped the ball on stock, and whenever there is any, fucking miners come in and snatch them all up.

At least Ryzen had a successful launch.

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, Vulon Bii said:

Another reason to hate that fucking Creation Club. When it releases for Skyrim, I'm uninstalling it.

It's only in the Special Edition and Fallout 4, thankfully. And future bethesda games, most likely.

Good thing the OG version of Skyrim is excluded, and their older games (NV, morrowind, Oblivion), are better.

22 minutes ago, Celli said:

It's only in the Special Edition and Fallout 4, thankfully. And future bethesda games, most likely.

Good thing the OG version of Skyrim is excluded, and their older games (NV, morrowind, Oblivion), are better.

Hopefully, this only stays on games they make and not the ones they publish. Could you imagine Wolfenstein II The New Colossus having this?

• Brohoof 1

On 9/3/2017 at 1:02 AM, Celli said:

:confused:

It's an unholy union of loot boxes and Sims stuff packs.

There are no loot boxes yet?

Missed opportunity, Bethesda. Bethbux to spend, not enough stupid furniture mods to spend it on...

Sarcasm aside I hope they don't f up Quake. I rather like QC.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, Azure Envy said:

:confused:

It's an unholy union of loot boxes and Sims stuff packs.

There are no loot boxes yet?

Missed opportunity, Bethesda. Bethbux to spend, not enough stupid furniture mods to spend it on...

Sarcasm aside I hope they don't f up Quake. I rather like QC.

Same. I had fun with the beta. Also, the idea of the creation club is cool, but 1. Bethesda is going about doing it the wrong way, and 2. It's supposed to be mini-dlc, not dumb microtransactions. New Quests, NPCs, areas, etc.

As a personal aside, how have you been? I feel like we haven't talked in forever :P Also I can't remember the last time I saw you in this thread.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Celli said:

Same. I had fun with the beta. Also, the idea of the creation club is cool, but 1. Bethesda is going about doing it the wrong way, and 2. It's supposed to be mini-dlc, not dumb microtransactions. New Quests, NPCs, areas, etc.

As a personal aside, how have you been? I feel like we haven't talked in forever :P Also I can't remember the last time I saw you in this thread.

Yeah, but I guess I just don't really see the point of even having it given the community has essentially modded everything imaginable into the game. Then again, you know it is with these things. If they make anything it's all icing on the profit cake.

Just been lurking, you know how that goes. :orly:

• Brohoof 1

I pointed out in my recent blog that I am willing to buy a Win GPD.  

The main reason why I'm doing so is because I always wanted a handheld PC to take on the go.  At first, I may use it only for GCN games.  But as time goes on, I will start packing smaller games onto this system and playing it from the comfort of my bed.  Well that and I can also take it along with me.

And personally, we need more mobile PCs like the Win GPD and the GPD Pocket, which is more of a mini-laptop compared to the Win GPD.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

N3atK1b.png

Official specs and prices for Coffee Lake (or Covfefe Lake if you're more inclined).

Intel's response to AMD's Ryzen seems to be in order. Hexa-cores for the sharper end, (even though you can get 8 cores for the price of the 8700K, just saying) and quad-cores in the lower end. It's about damn time that Intel stops with the dual-cores (apart from the i3-7360X, which is even dumber that the 7350K) in the lower end. They probably will for Celeron and and Pentium CPUs though.

Note that once again Intel has much higher prices for their CPU's over AMD. You can have a 6 core, hyperthreaded CPU for under $200, but Intel will charge you an extra $100, and then another $60 on top just for a ridiculous "unlocked" version, and I bet they STILL have toothpaste under the IHS like they have for the last few years.

Still, I'm interested in seeing how they perform, because even though Intel has awful, anti-consumer, anti-competition, and anti-technology business practices, in the end, as consumers, we win.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Vulon Bii said:

snip

Toothpaste for Skylake-X, yes. i9-7960X nets you <20% better performance for 80% more money over Threadripper 1950.

VRAID 0 on M.2 supported, extra RAID modes, cough up $100 more for a dongle. Because we're not done price gouging quite yet. :proud:

• Brohoof 1