Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What can save the Wii U?

Lankman

What can save the Wii U?

well, I don't know anymore, Mario didn't save the Wii U, and he always saves Nintendo's consoles, also, I don't think smash bros is going to save the Wii U, it's on the 3ds, the 3ds version is more affordable and the 3ds has a bigger install base, which means, the Wii U version of smash will be ignored and won't boost console sales as much as everyone is making it out to be.

Legend of Zelda Wii U might help a bit, but, Legend of Zelda isn't as popular or as mainstream as the Mario franchise, but It will help, but only a little.

also, because of media preaching "Doom and gloom", the Wii U is getting avoided and a lot of people are jumping on the Wii U hate band wagon, which won't help it sales wise.

also, people say that Nintendo rehash, I will give them that, the Mario franchise is pretty repetitive, but his 3d games are somewhat different.

I just don't know what will 'save' the Wii U anymore, if Mario can't save it, nothing will, I think It might continue suffering.

More games that people want. Mario Kart 8 probably sold some systems.

Smash Brothers would have sold units, but they decided to make in on the 3ds too. I know lots of people getting it on the 3ds who probably would have bought a WiiU if that's all they could play it on.

A new Metroid game might help as well. 

Games, which it already has.

While it's not doing as well as Nintendo would want, it's still doing better than it was at this point last year(MK8 certainly helped), it's still outselling the Xbone, and this year's winter lineup is looking promising

They just need to try to push more games out the door(a new F-Zero and Metroid would be welcome)

Also I'd love to see more collaborations with 3rd party developers like Hyrule Warriors and Pokken and more moves they made like with Bayonetta 2 and Devil's Third

Also more Indie support

Edited by Megas75
  • Brohoof 3

Ideally the best thing that can happen is if a game is developed for the Wii U that is tenoutaten.

If it has good marketing, a new original idea, doesn't use the wii U controller as purely a gimick and is fun to play then it will attract the attention it deserves.

Metroid and F-zero are very niche franchises, I doubt they would move consoles, also, I fear that bayonetta 2 and devil's third might flop, because Nintendo gamers only buy Nintendo games and nothing else, so that means that Bayonetta 2 and devil's third will flop, sad really, Nintendo fanboys are the reason why no other companies want to support Nintendo platforms.

Terrible Marketing, which Nintendo is not bothering to fix, also, the media saying that the Wii U is doomed, meaning, people will avoid the Wii U in fear that Nintendo might drop the support for the system because of the horrible sales.

Horrible marketing, that Nintendo hasn't bothered to fix, also, the stupid media, spouting BS, claiming the Nintendo is doomed.

Nintendo fanboys are the reason why no other companies want to support Nintendo platforms.

It's a little more complicated than that, but also more simple.  In the end game publishers want money, and developers want a form of stable subsistence. Installed user base metrics help in determining what platforms a game will be released on. Gamers (the non-vocal majority) want good games and a lot of them. Publishers also have built a business model around simple platform portability (as in cross platform not handheld), which is critical to them.  

• Brohoof 3

Mario kart 8 did help a little, but it didn't save the Wii U, it is still suffering, and the video games come out way to slow, almost every three months we get a new game, which is unacceptable, Nintendo need to wake up and start marketing the bloody system, forget about the 3ds for a little bit and put all your attention on the Wii U.

Nintendo's next console might be a failure too, because third parties are never coming back.

most of Nintendo's fans have left them for playstation and Xbox, meaning Nintendo has nothing but their hardcore fans left, which isn't much really.

Nintendo fanboys are the reason why no other companies want to support Nintendo platforms.

If 3rd parties didn't make shitty ports, constantly fuck over Wii U owners, and actually put effort into their Wii U games, they might actually sell. Wii U owners aren't stupid and 3rd parties need to stop treating them like garbage*coughEAandUbisoftcough*

• Brohoof 1

I'm not even sure at this point. I've never been one to jump on the doom and gloom bandwagon, and I still don't think that this spells doom and gloom for Nintendo as a whole. But the Wii U may be quite a loss.

SSB could have done a whole lot of good for them, but they made it for the 3DS as well, and on top of that, prioritized the success of the 3DS version instead of the Wii U version. This is honestly the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen them do. The only thing that could save the Wii U version is exclusive characters, but Sakurai made a ridiculous development decision and made the 3DS roster the same as the Wii U version. So they shot themselves in the foot, plain and simple.

Nintendo's other top-sellers aren't going to do them any good here. The Wii's top sellers were Wii Sports and titles like that, which haven't sold so well on the Wii U. We all like to think that it's the titles like Metroid, Zelda, and Star Fox that drive system sells, but it isn't in reality. "Wii" titles, Mario platformers, SSB games, and Mario Kart games have that power, but they've all missed.

Edited by Envy

More exclusive AAA titles. A fucking Metroid and Starfox. Less third party crap like Watch Dogs, which you could get on what most people ALREADY HAVE, an XBOX or PS3. (Not only that, but if it has framerate problems on PC then putting it on a weak systm won't be any better.) Making better use of the online system.

That would make me actually buy the system. But for now... LOLPCMASTERRACE.

The Wii U is outselling the Xbox One? Is there a source for that?

Anywho, I think the Wii U will be fine as long as the quality of games that comes out remains consistent. What Nintendo needs is a reason for people to buy the system in the first place. MK8 shows that there is SOME interest, but it needs to be nurtured.

Really, the Wii U isn't going to win in this generation, but they can make a respectable showing like Sony did with the PS3 later in the console life cycle.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think those games will boost sales, star fox and Metroid are no where near being as popular as Mario and legend of Zelda.

But they would still sell, ergo, they would still boost sales.

And they do sell, if you check the history of previous games in either franchise (Starfox especially for whatever reason) you'll see that in the past those games have sold well irrespective of what console/platform they were on.

SSB could have done a whole lot of good for them, but they made it for the 3DS as well, and on top of that, prioritized the success of the 3DS version instead of the Wii U version. This is honestly the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen them do. The only thing that could save the Wii U version is exclusive characters, but Sakurai made a ridiculous development decision and made the 3DS roster the same as the Wii U version. So they shot themselves in the foot, plain and simple

I'm starting to wonder is there is something cultural (Japanese business views?) that I am missing here, because Sony did the same thing but in reverse to the Vita. They offered the same games on both platforms giving no effort to build a exclusive library that would entice new users and increase adoption rates. 

Who do you guys know that will buy a Wii U anytime soon?, I doubt you know anyone that is thinking about purchasing the system, they probably want to buy a ps4 or Xbone, Wii U isn't going to last this gen, it is on it's last leg, if nothing helps it this holiday season, then the Wii U will crash and burn, Nintendo will have to make a new system, or they will continue losing money.

The Wii U is outselling the Xbox One? Is there a source for that?

No because it isn't factual, at least according to NPD. Late summer year over year announcement of a 60% increase in console movement does not equal "outselling the One". 

• Brohoof 1