Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Feature Length MLP Movie Announced For 2017!

EquestriaGuy

Just gonna drop this here. :please:

1.JPG

I never thought I'd live to see the day family guy was searching for cultural relevance.

oh wait, they have been for a decade #burn

anyway, it is a half funny image, but a bit late to acknowldege the fact that Seth Green is a brony to really be anything other than an attempt for family to remain relevant on the 'net.

• Brohoof 3

A feature length film for MLP:FiM that isn't about high school students? Yay! :D

3 years is way too long, however. I'm not too sure if I could wait for that long. However, those 3 years is also a good thing, as it lets Meghan McCarthy and the others to carefully create something as big as this. Let's all hope this will be a great movie to wrap up MLP:FiM!

Eh, three years. Call me when we're at the end of 2016, then I'll start getting psyched x) We've got two seasons and another EQG movie to go through till then.

I'm mixed about this idea. I like the idea of a full-length MLP:FIM movie about the ponies. But I'm not sure about it being produced by a different company yet. I'm pretty sure Hasbro will still have some involvement in the film though.

Edited by CrazyMrLunaDash

I doubt it really confirms much of anything at this point. All we have is a movie, which may or may not have any impact on the show at all, similar to Equestria Girls and the IDW comics.

Really, there is the distinct possibility that the movie may fall apart and not even happen. I remember when the "Legend of Spyro" movie was announced by involved companies, only to be cancelled months afterwards. ;_;

Of course MLP will likely fair better, but still, don't get hyped too much.

Things can change fast in the entertainment industry. Years later, I'm still disappointed that the "Dragonriders of Pern" television show fell apart. Last I heard, Anne Mccaffrey actually helped design the saddles that the dragonriders would use. In the books, there were none. The producers needed saddles as the joining point of the human actors and the CG dragons.

From Wikipedia...

In 2002, Warner Brothers Network and writer Ronald D. Moore had completed sets and casting for a pilot episode, and were within a few days of filming. Moore had sent the pilot episode to Warners for final approval. It was returned with so many changes to the basic structure of Pern – making it more like Buffy: The Vampire Slayer – that it no longer much resembled the world created by Anne McCaffrey. As a fan of the Dragonriders of Pern series, Moore refused to continue. Filming was canceled.

• Brohoof 1

With its release I sure hope it is the "last great stand" of FiM and the current mane 6, and hopefully with how massivly popular the series is (and even EqG....though I personally feel it does not deserve such popularity) I would only hope that it can easily have enough funding and backing behind it to facilitate its creation.

Why does everyone seem to assume that this is planned as the series finale? We already have the at least 5 more years of pony plan from that shareholders meeting a few months back. That would push us into 2019.

Plans can change, but it would seem really weird for Hasbro to have plans to end this on a specific season a few years down the road, especially when it's been such a huge success for them. Milking this for all it is worth seems more likely. This show isn't like Lost where there is an implied point that the show is working towards and can't be left open ended.

• Brohoof 3

About time....I seen this on Facebook earlier today. :squee: I'm super stoked on this movie, really looking forward to it! :yay:

I'm glad it's finally happening.I'm not a real fan of EQG, because of the humanized aspect...which is the only real turn off for me in the movie.

Years later, we're finally getting an actual pony movie..Thank Celestia!! :yay:

1732.40272-_2D00_-animated-cheering-flut

Edited by :Flutterbat:

I don't want to admit it, but I honestly squealed and fanboyed like a 12 year old girl when I read about this. As others have said, it's entirely possible that this is planned as the end of the series (as far as G4 is concerned), but honestly, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. I would prefer they went out with a really good ending than kept it going far longer than it needs to.

• Brohoof 1

It feels like this could be the finale of the show.

If it is, I hate the fact that we have a window that tells us when the show will end. I know in a few other threads that the show ending won't bother certain people but man...

...just knowing that 2017 could mean the end of the show really hits a person like a ton of bricks, but not just ordinary bricks,

the cold, hard bricks of

REALITY

:P

In all seriousness, I'm glad there's going to be a movie with just ponies, it's a breathe of fresh air in the movie department.

Why worry about the big finale when there's a new season soon to be upon us. :P