Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv What are your guilty pleasure movies?

Alex Z

I think those movies are pretty well recieved.

Anyways, mine would have to be The Wizard, a Fred Savage movie that involves Nintendo.

yeah i absolutely love them, but within my circle of friends, they're not really that well-liked :/ and if we're hanging out and marathoning movies, my choices get left out for being boring and bad -_- 

i forgot The Princess Diaries as well as a couple of M. Night Shyamalan movies. I love The Village plz don't hurt me 

i forgot The Princess Diaries as well as a couple of M. Night Shyamalan movies. I love The Village plz don't hurt me 

Yeah, I enjoy some of Shyamalan's early work, like signs and Sixth Sense.

Another guilty pleasure of mine is also the name of a song. Breakfast at Tiffany's.

Haha, yeah definitely Mean Girls, I never watched it as a kid, but I saw it it in Sociology class about a year ago. It's such a cliche high school girl movie, but it's just so good!  I would never admit it in person though.  :P

• 4 months later...

Are there any movies you love or enjoy that everyone else seems to hate? Then this is the thread to list them ;)

To name a few I've liked over the years that most people seem to hate:

Son of the Mask

X-Men: The Last Stand

X-Men Origins: Wolverine

Seed of Chucky

The Cat in the Hat

Many more......

And....White Chicks ^_^ I know alot of people HATE that movie, but I can't even count the number of times I've seen it from my childhood up to now. Everyone in my family that we've watched it with likes it too. So it's definitely my Number 1 Gulity Pleasure movie :P

• Brohoof 2

- Despicable Me (both movies). I cringe and enjoy it when watching it. Though I don't think everybody hates it.

- For some reason, I want to watch the Star Wars Prequels even though people around me didn't enjoy them. I want to watch them because I want to see how bad they are. However, I did see scenes from Episode 3 on YouTube that I thought were laughable.

• Brohoof 3

I don't believe in using the term guilty pleasure myself. Even if something doesn't entertain or impress me in conventional ways, if I do in fact enjoy it, it must excel at connecting with me in other ways. Saying I feel guilty about liking something to me submits undue authority to the masses or critics or simple conventional analysis in my opinion. /end rant

Movies that I enjoy despite there being flaws or despite them not being well received by others include:

Alien 3 - I think in this day and age people are starting to open their hearts to David Fincher's bastard sequel to Aliens, especially with the appearance of the assembly cut (which I have not actually seen). Even the theatrical version is a movie I enjoy immensely and just may be my second favorite movie in the franchise behind Alien.

Mumfie's Quest or Magic Adventures of Mumfie

7YfRQsAUWbD6YdLNXnU5Ltb8iHt.jpg

Please tell me someone here has seen this movie/series or whatever it is! This thing was my freakin childhood and is in my top 3 most watched movies of all time. I just watched it for the first time in years a few months back and it held up very well. It's criminally under recognized imo. It's not perfect, but damn it, this movie deserves to be seen! If you like MLP, I'm sure you'd at least get some enjoyment out of this. Seriously, go watch it. It has endearing characters and some awesome songs! There's even a freakin PMV of one of them! Are you serious? Bronies have really left their mark on everything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3TR6hjzHVI

The Lady and the Tramp 2 Scamp's Adventure is my favourite direct-to-video Disney film, it was also the last film I bought on VHS, ironically it was the first Disney film I bought on DVD. Scamp and Angel were great together, I like the fact it was a new generation, using the new characters to full advantage, while it was good to see the returning characters, I really it when the story shifts focus to new faces and names. The songs were pretty good, the animation was spectacular, Alyssa Milano and Scott Wolf did a great job voicing Scamp and Angel, this is the quintessential Disney family film, everyone can watch it and enjoy it, the cast of characters kind of reminds me of the Apple family, there is friction yet affection, Lady and the Tramp 2 is a rarity, for can Disney sometimes forget the dynamics and duplicity a family really is, this sequel is a wonderful, poetic motion picture. 

I'm gonna be a hipster and not say the Star Wars Prequels(1 and 3) and Crystal Skull, I legitimately enjoy those.

My real answer is probably Undefeatable and the Problem Child movies(the first two)

Edited by Megas75

The Room, the Paranormal Activity series, and Fear Clinic. The Room obviously sucks, but it sucks in a way that's beautiful and amazing. The last two receive a lot of criticism but I think they're pretty fucking interesting.