Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are your "quiet pleasures"?

Discordian

Singing to myself. I can't let anyone else in my flat hear though, so it really is a quiet pleasure.

Nice. Runescape was my game of choice for no-lifing on for hours after school.

Normal or RS2007?

I play RS2007. There is just something about the newer runescape and its new players that irks me... 

Female gymnasts, female who does some gymnast moves.

Oerba Dia Vanille

Yuuoji Ouka (Nokome/Noucome)

Ty Lee (Avatar)

Cammy White (Street Fighter)

Suzha Amane & Kurisu Makise  (Steins Gate)

Watching synchronised swimming

Edited by AdamBurt

MLP:FIM: I'm don't fear judgement from others on my fondness for the show, but it's more that I usually have no one to talk about it outside internet. I'd be willing to talk about it if I knew more people who were also interested.

Walking around outside listening to music preferably at night.

Quiet pleasures? I love to listen to Brony music. Embarrassing pleasures...well...I think I listen to my own songs too much XD

I listen to my own compositions quite often as well. Though not sure what there is to be embarrassed about.

Edited by Krovavaya Luna

Well, my little pony of course, but especially the songs, I will find myself starting to hum songs from the series and if anyone asks what I am humming I just respond with something like "not really sure but it has been stuck in my head a while" purely to negate the topic of MLP with people at school

Quiet pleasure? As in something that I like to do in silence or in a quiet atmosphere? Like a simple hobby?

I like model kit building, jigsaw puzzles, simple games like Solitaire or Tetris, I want to learn how to play games like Hanafuda and Shogi... And every once in a while, I read books. I prefer those noire Detective stories.

Edited by Samurai Equine
  • Brohoof 1

Here are some of them:

1. Fandom stuff (I'm in quite a few fandoms besides MLP actually. I'm just too geeky! :derp: )

2. Music (I am incredibly musical. I play 4 instruments quite well and I am quite a good singer. I just stay humble about it though.)

3. Gaming (I have too much time, and a bit too much money on my hands. :adorkable: )

4.Reading (There's nothing better than a bit of good literature! :pinkie: )

5. Does sexuality count? Because I really don't go flaunting about the fact I'm bisexual. I pretty much keep it to myself unless you ask and I trust you well.  :blush:

6. If sexuality doesn't count, I'm pretty good at drawing. I always end up making dumb little doodles on my papers. And I can create some amazing things if I really set my mind to it. I just don't share my work often with others, let alone post it online. I guess I just never really put much thought into doing so. :huh:  

Edited by HerpDerp88

drawing my game, 

:confused:

Unless you're the art director of your own game, I think Blobulle forgot how to engrish. :P

1. Ponies.

2. Drawing creepy stuff (gore, horror, overall scary things..)

3. Listening to old 70's disco songs

4. Singing

:confused:

Unless you're the art director of your own game, I think Blobulle forgot how to engrish. :P

Not really art director but game designer. Obviously, it's only on paper (it's just a hobby), I don't think I'll program it one day... Edited by Blobulle
  • Brohoof 1

I don't like to share with others how much I sing/hum/talk to myself.

Also my fetishes stays with me. No need to share them.

Oh, and another good one; how incredibly unhealthy I eat in periods.

I generally don't eat super healthy, and I have no problem sharing that with people. We are now talking gluttony levels of unhealthiness where I can on impulse buy a whole kg of candy, a liter of yogurt or a whole cake and just feast on said thing. I tend to get these weird urges for very specific types of food.

At least I can mention my quirks here, no worries.

Edited by Blaze Bronson

• 1 month later...

Sometimes I like to fantasize while I'm laying in bed and drifting off to sleep. I might think about what it'd be like to visit a certain place, or meet a certain person, or most anything. It can be fun but I often have trouble doing it because my mental faculties just shut down when I'm trying to fall asleep, and if I try to force myself to stay awake I don't get sleep, and that just stresses me out.

I'm pretty mum on my interests in general, but I'm especially mum on my interest of the show. Long story short, there's no one in my admittedly tiny peer circle that I can trust enough to divulge my love of ANYTHING.

I have quite a few...

Being in bed while listening to the sound of the rain as the distant thunders echo across the heavens is one of my most favorite quiet pleasures. I feel relaxed, at ease, and ready to face whatever things the day might bring.

Being alone in bed, in the morning, while listening to the birds chirp and the cold breeze caress my skin softly as I breathe in the cold morning air.

Listening to rain music while I shower. I imagine I am under a waterfall. Helps me relax. 

Listening to meditation music, relaxation music... I always love the feeling of weightlessness it brings me. 

Imagining that my roof is clear as I sleep, and that I could be able to see galaxies and stars in my ceiling. 

Walking alone, observing the sky, feeling so small, so humbled that I am walking on this earth.

Letting my loved ones know how much they mean to me; be it by an "I love you," or by a soft hug and a kiss on their forehead, I always let them know how much they mean to me.

Playing guitar on my room at night... how much I miss doing it. Due to my Neuropathy I can't handle a guitar for more than 15 minutes.

And finally, being able to jump in bed as soon as I arrive home from an arduous day at work. <3

[Yes... I love sleeping, if you haven't already noticed.]

• 3 years later...

When my friends at school noticed me

When I get a Discord/Twitter DM notification

And when someone reply to/read my shits (posts)

Or just when someone actually acknowledge the things I do in general

I really love ballet. I could just sit and stare at it in silence for hours. It's such a beautiful art form and there isn't much to say that isn't already expressed in the dance. 

I'm also a big Star Wars fan and, even though I don't exactly hide the fact, I keep my deeper emotions to myself about it. It's such an intimate appreciation that talking about it too much seems like I'm letting someone else into my private paradise. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...