Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you have any siblings?

Odyssey

I have an older sister who is 20 and an older brother who is 29.

When we were kids me and my sister would fight a lot but we got along at times too (I remember there was a time we'd play games on the gamecube for hours, monsters inc scream arena in particular)

Now we get along a lot better now that we're both mature, and I even regret all the times we fought. I look at my best friend who is always yelling at his younger sister and I kinda feel bad for them both that they don't get along.

I can't remember a time that I didn't get along with my older brother though, even though I was young when he moved out. But there were times he'd come over, he showed me world of warcraft and we use to watch naruto and when he did live with us I'd watch him play diablo 1 and 2 and final fantasy (dont know which one though, long time ago).

I have an older sister, who I used to fight with a lot until a few years ago.. around the time we started watching mlp together, funny that. She's great in some areas and not so great in others. I know she used to wish I were never born but I don't think she thinks that anymore xD I'm sure I benefit her in some way..

I also have a half brother, 31, who has his own family, job and everything. I've always gotten along with him, but he used to be mean to my sister when she was little, is what I've heard.

My brother's son, my nephew, is like an annoying little brother, he's 13 <_< I'll just wait for him to grow up, but the process is long.. I hated him when I was little, he got better around 5-10, then got annoying again. 

• Brohoof 1

I'm a middle kid who's stuck between two brothers. My younger brother is a hothead who has the attention span of a goldfish and can't sit still to save his life, and my older brother is relaxed to the point of laziness. They don't always get along with each another, and they know who their favorite sibling is. ;)

• Brohoof 2

and my older brother is relaxed to the point of laziness.

Hey, I'm not that lazy. :P But you are indeed my favorite sibling and I love you anyway. :3

Am I the only person on here who doesn't have siblings? Yeah, I'm an only child. My friends say I'm lucky, but eh.

Nope.  All kidding aside, I am an only child too.  My folks were already a little on the old side when they decided to start having kids.  My mom was also a small woman and after a difficult pregnancy (I was born a month premature) she was told no more kids.  But when I was little I didn’t understand why all my friends had siblings and I didn’t.  Part of me wondered if it was somehow my fault.  :( Socializing with others was always a challenge for me and I also think my lack of siblings contributed to that.  While I knew my parents loved me, I didn't really like being the center of attention and longed for someone to share the spotlight with. And you know what the worst part of growing up alone is?  When you mess up, you have nobody to pass the blame on to.  :lol:  And while it took some time, I finally did meet some other only children and I didn’t feel as "weird" about being one myself.  

My mom passed away while I was in my teens and my dad remarried several years later.  Thus I do technically have two stepbrothers and two stepsisters.  But they’re "just friends" in the sense that I never experienced a common upbringing with them under the same roof as minor children do when their parents remarry. 

• Brohoof 3

Or was she talking about for-realsies siblings? XD

Yup.  She told me a bit about them and they think she's as awesome as we do.  The only thing better than having siblings is being well loved by those siblings.  :) 

• Brohoof 1

I have three siblings: an older sister, a younger brother and a twin brother. All three get on my nerves extensively, especially my younger brother who has been an annoying jerk since as far back as I can remember.

I have on older brother. A lot of him rubbed off on me, until he went to college. Since then, we haven't been as close until recently, now that the age gap isn't quite as much of as issue.

• Brohoof 1

Closest thing I have is a half brother, we share the same mom

Then I have 2 stepbrothers and 1 step sister that I know of... then whatever bros and sisses are on my biological father's end of the pool

Never seen or met him before so I know nothing about him but his name, general status of when he was with my mom and how they broke up

I have a little brother and an older brother, so I 'm the middle. Me and my big brother get along most of the time, but me and my little brother fighter more often then we get along. But I'm happy I have them because it'd be a lot more boring around my house with out them.

I have a brother who is 19.

Still lives with us, even though he could probably live with a roommate and game 24/7..

But I would cry 24/7 if he left, because my brother is always the one who truly understands me, and we sometimes have the same opinion, we aren't dumb enough for the new generation, we aren't dumb as our parents with technology and he's funny.

We can never play with eachother from our parents, because >>even if it's true<< one of us will always yell at some point..

And he is the one who got me into Youtubers, Anime, Cartoons, Marvel, and all that shizzle!  :nom:

BUT HE'S FUN!  ^_^ 

I wouldn't want to trade him.. Never in a million years..  ;)

Even though he doesn't like it when I talk about MLP >>he makes funny jokes, so no problem here<<, HE STILL KNOWS THE NAMES!! And he knows 'Friendship is Witchcraft'  and he certainly knows Pinkie! So that already makes me happy!  :lol:

lol the question 'do you have any siblings' changed here to 'would you want to trade your sibling'

wasn't the point actually, i kept writing and writing..  :catface: 

• 1 month later...

Hey, I'm not that Nope. All kidding aside, I am an only child too. My folks were already a little on the old side when they decided to start having kids. My mom was also a small woman and after a difficult pregnancy (I was born a month premature) she was told no more kids. But when I was little I didn’t understand why all my friends had siblings and I didn’t. Part of me wondered if it was somehow my fault. :( Socializing with others was always a challenge for me and I also think my lack of siblings contributed to that. While I knew my parents loved me, I didn't really like being the center of attention and longed for someone to share the spotlight with. And you know what the worst part of growing up alone is? When you mess up, you have nobody to pass the blame on to. :lol: And while it took some time, I finally did meet some other only children and I didn’t feel as "weird" about being one myself.

My mom passed away while I was in my teens and my dad remarried several years later. Thus I do technically have two stepbrothers and two stepsisters. But they’re "just friends" in the sense that I never experienced a common upbringing with them under the same roof as minor children do when their parents remarry.

Socializing was also a challenge for me when I was younger. I eventually met a few others friends who were the only children in the family too, so things got easier. Having siblings sounds fun, but there are some advantages from not having them. :lol:

My mom and my dad split up when I was little, and my mom didn't remarry nor did my dad. So no step siblings for me. If I did, I would probably consider them "just friends" too.

Edited by PonyLaces

2 brothers, both are younger than me. One is 10, the other is 8. I get along with them 99% of the time. Me and my youngest brother will have sleep overs and watch movies together occasionally. We all bond over mlp so that's a great thing :nom:

I also have an older sister, she's 18, so only a year older than me. When we were younger we'd fight a lot, but over the past 3 or so years we've grown really close and I don't think I could ask for a better sister. She's always there for me in my time of need and always has my back. She's like my best friend. :D oh and she buys me thing like wings and Dairy Queen. Best sister ever gets me food sometimes :nom:

2 brothers and 1 sister, one of the brothers is my twin, I would rather not be with this one, very very annoying. Thats why I moved out the room and took the basement, One brother 15, other 26, sister is 28.

I'm an only child, and I think I'm glad to have it that way (It means I have a whole room to myself... ;)). Plus, I do have those times when I want some peace and quiet away from family life. :)

Edited by Edwardo_Brony
  • Brohoof 1