An Unknown Pony.

Classical music,Country Music,Or dubstep  

55 users have voted

1. 1. Classical music,Country Music or dubstep

• Classical Music
    • Country Music
    • Dubstep
    • Noone of the above/I Don't listen to music

Most classic/orchestral music is bland and uninspired, even though it has so much potential.

Same for dubstep, except more of that potential is used.

Country can be good, but usually not.

Therefore,

DUBSTEP. Still some crap in there, though.

• Brohoof 1

What a bizarrely limited choice of genres. It reminds me of the old joke "we have both kinds of music: country and western!"

If I have to choose between those options, I'll go with classical.

Yeah, I can't pick one because I'm just so confused by the choice of options presented to me.

Classical is way superior to those other genres. Not because I'm a classical violin player but it is more complex, complicated and takes skill to play and sometimes even to listen to classical music. Also, not everyone listens to classical. I'm not saying dubstep and country is crap, hey, I even sometimes listen to those but classical grabs the no.1 in my book. 

Not a fan of Country, but there have been some good songs under that genre.

I can listen to both classical AND dubstep for days. I like to think I'm above choosing genres for the sake of being able tell myself and others what should and shouldn't be listened to, so I like to listen to everything that sounds good to me.

I'm gonna say Dubstep. It's much better than either of those.

Dubstep really helps my mood when I'm pissed about something even if it is aggressive.

Classical I listen to rarely, usually when I'm feeling fine and want a serene melody to soothe me further.

Country, however... If you loom at my Ipod, I have absolutely nothing in that genre because I FUCKING HATE IT!!! I may live in the south, but I'm more northern US citizen at heart.

I'm gonna say Dubstep. It's much better than either of those.

Dubstep really helps my mood when I'm pissed about something even if it is aggressive.

Classical I listen to rarely, usually when I'm feeling fine and want a serene melody to soothe me further.

Country, however... If you look at my Ipod, I have absolutely nothing in that genre because I FUCKING HATE IT!!! I may live in the south, but I'm more northern US citizen at heart.

• 2 months later...

for me, music is music...a good song will always be just that to me...a good song.

I love dubstep/edm (or at least I should...I produce it after all :D ) and I was raised on Classical...while I'm not a big country fan, I can respect it for what it is, and occasionally

there will be a country song or two I like...especially if we're talking "ooold country" (Wayfaring Stranger for example) I just don't like the

twangy stuff...

Edited by BrilliantVenture

It depends on how I'm feeling.

If I need to cool down, unwind, chill out- and I need to do this often- I'll go Classical.

If I need to wake up, stay awake, or, whatever, I'll go Dubstep.

Now, when I say dubstep, I'm more nudging toward electronica in general. Real dubstep, I don't really listen to unless it's a remix, or something like that.

I hate country music, and Conservatism in general for the most part. (See what I did there?)

Still, I honestly prefer dubstep over classical, and I prefer classical over country.

• 3 weeks later...

Out of those 3, my favorite by far is Classical. Country can be okay, but I just don't listen to it. Same with dubstep. My favorite songs that involved dubstep were combined with metal.

Classical always feels more timeless to me and I really feel like it best can channel into one's emotions. Dubstep is second for me in this choice, because while I do think the brostep aspect of it is overrated, I do love the overall variety of dubstep and the range of moods it can cover. Melodic and Orchestral dubstep are my favorite sub genres.

Country to me is very...blech. Very samey and by the numbers, honestly a lot of it seems exploitive in a way, but that's just my opinion on it.

What we consider classical (which refers to many styles from many different eras) is so timeless and thought-provoking...for me, nothing literally comes close. Baroque is probably my favorite overall, but classical, romantic, neo-classical, etc., are all great.

Country and dub-step...meh. Country can be good and even artistic, as evidenced by Marty Stuart, but overall...it's essentially southern pop.

Dubstep...meh. Just...meh.

Pop country is my guilty pleasure. I won't seek it out, but I won't change the channel if it comes on. The only country that I won't listen to is Toby Keith, because that dude is straight up crazy.

Family made me grow up on Country, so by now I hate most of it (I prefer the older artists like Cash and Horton). And because I'm not talented enough to play Dubstep on my violin, I'll stick to my classical.