Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general media Anyone else dress up when they play video games or watch movies?

FirstPonySpectre

I'm pretty sure I can't be the ONLY one here who dresses up in outfits that correspond to the games or movies I'm watching, am I?

Like, when I first got Red Dead Redemption I kid you not I actually bought a cowboy hat just because I felt like I needed to.

• Brohoof 1

I always wear my blue hoodie whenever playing any video game.  People keep telling me that I'm self-handicapping myself and I shouldn't wear it while playing, but it actually helps a lot.  It gives me a feeling of security, like I'm playing video games in bed.

I sometimes do if I have some kind of merchandise for the game. Like whenever I play Alice:Madness Returns I put on my full Alice cosplay or when I play Portal 2, I throw on a Portal shirt. It's really fun actually. 

Or with a movie like The Dark Knight, I throw on a Joker shirt, because why not.

Edited by WheatleyCore
  • Brohoof 2

• 3 weeks later...

It might be late but ... ... I ware a knight Templar outfit , a flag of Equestria as a cape , and a hood ( cuz I don't ware a helmet ) when I

Role Playing game ( i.e Skyrim / Dragon age / WOW / MINECRAFT or Lotr Conquest ) and if a game that has gun or in the modern day I gust

put on a tactical vest. 

so no your not the only on.

PS ( I own the oculus rift and a walk way game pad ... so I walk and have 360* view for full immersive gameplay. )   

Well....  Not exactly, however there are some games I will wear a special shirt for or some piece of clothing, I have a few gaming shirts I've won from stuff so I like wearing those while playing those specific games... So kinda yes, and kinda no

Well, If I could I would wear a power armor suit from fallout 3 but I guess that will never happen :( To answer your question, I do dress up sometimes, I don´t know why really. It´s feels right. Only problem is that I´m into the metal style, nothing wrong with that, but you know, Spikes, chains and metal buttons is not that nice to my computer XD.