• June
    • July
    • August
    • September
    • October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

My brother was always on the Bay12 Forums and I just happened to look over his shoulder one and saw a whole bunch of the people had ponies as their avatars. I was kind of curious of why they liked ponies. After that, I found out what a brony was, but hadn't really put much thought into it.

One day I was with a friend of mine and decided to see what all the fuss was about. I watched the first episode, but wasn't super impressed. But since I did want to find out what happened (it was a two-parter after all) I watched the next episode. I didn't think it was that bad anymore, so I kept watching more.

I bought a shirt with Rarity on it when I was at the mall, but that was before I was really a fan. I wore it to school one day and a kid at play practice asked me if I was a fan of MLP. I admitted it and he said he was too. (It turned out quite a few people in the play were Bronies).

I told the kid that I wanted to watch the whole thing but I had very slow internet and really couldn't. He took my flashdrive and began to give me as many episodes as he could fit on the flashdrive so I could watch them without waiting for the internet.

Eventually, I was hooked on the series, and I'm so happy that I decided to watch that first episode.

Ok Ok First of all the Fox is a well you know. :P

The truth is I didn't know about any thing about My little pony at all and the fandom at all. Be one day with my brother we usually see a show in youtube. It was Teen React and one if the episode was about brony after the show end I was a think why did guy like a little girl show. After one month I decided to see on episodes of the show. I one of these person I have to see the first episodes to say it is ok or not. After the episodes one end and have to see how did they defeat night mare moon after episodes two ended I thought it was not bad at all and I start to see all of the season 1 & 2 well you can say that how I be come a brony.

You have to love the internet it make it possible to make the show spread all over the word. :)

That all for now Fox Out!! B)

and one more thing Brohoove all you guys out there and have a good day or Night. :)

post-11881-0-13394400-1391384711_thumb.png

I knew it I was a Brony when I showed the series to my best friend. Now we watch it all the time together and laugh hella loud when we spot a reference or when the main 6 act "ghetto."

This thread is already way too long for my response to have any significance, but I actually watched the show for the first time midway through season 2, and wasn't fully comfortable with how much I loved it until actually quite recently; just before season 4 premiered. So, I technically joined the herd very recently, although I've been there subconsciously since season 2.

• Brohoof 1

I became a brony about two and a half weeks ago. There are large groups of bronies on several of the message boards I frequent, but I always thought of them as silly. However, two solid years of being subjected to thousands of pony pictures with humorous captions (which were all adorable), and due to a two-week hiatus of my favorite shows (NCIS, Castle, Criminal Minds, Psych, and Bones), I decided to see if it was worth watching a "little girl's show", as so many people have described it. I downloaded all of the episodes, plus Equestria Girls, and watched everything in about two days. Then I watched them again. Then I watched some of them a third time. Then I spent several days wandering the dark recesses of the internet in search of well-written MLP fanfiction. Fanfiction is my salvation. I am a huge, huge, Star Trek fan. I still watch and rewatch all the episodes of all the series. Not a day goes by where I don't watch at least two or three episodes. But I've seen them all, and I've read and own all of the 600+ novels. New novels are only released about once a month, so I rely on well-written fanfiction to sate my desire for new material. I even write it, for Trek at least, though I may start for MLP. Anyways, after a disappointing search for MLP FF (most of it was unreadable, though there was plenty that was good), I realized I should try to find a brony community. I've been kicking myself since I joined this morning, because I waited so long to try out the show and wasted two years that I could have spent commiserating with other bronies. 

A lot of votes in 2013 eh so all you silly people can stop going on about the fandom dieing  :lol: Oh and whenever Wonderbolt Academy was when i became a Brony still one of my favorite episodes.

I became a brony when i watched an episode of teens react to my little pony, I thought i would watch an episode just to see what it was because i had never heard of my little pony or bronies before. putting your hoof down was the episode i saw in the recommended section, i watched it, thought it wasn't half bad, i commented saying "wasn't as bad as i thought it would be" someone then replied "well of course, it's ignorance like yours to judge something that you have never seen before"

i then looked on youtube for "funny pony pictures" found a few good slideshows but nothing of interest

about 2 weeks later I discovered people posted pictures on memebase's "my little brony" i had been to the site before but i never noticed the brony section.

a month passed and i discovered there was a fandom, i was too lazy to read so i listened to my little dashie (yes i cried)

then i discovered fimfiction, the first fanfic i read was "Colt of the West" an adventure staring Daring Do and Braeburn

later i met another brony at school, who pulled out a peewee trading card.

but shortly before that i discovered bronies also made videos, like the MLP meets series and the one where rainbowdash reads stories with monkeys in them and boys sound girly and girls sound boy-y

yeah long story short i don't get out much

Should be February/March 2013.

After *Long, long story*, I just start to watch the first episode, then the 2nd, then the 3rd, then the...yeah, i need few episodes before I know, that I actually really enjoy it. In a time of 2 Weeks, I watch all 3 Seasons on YouTube. Of course, secretly, no one knows(except for the PlayStation Trophy-Forum)that I watch it...until november, I think. My big brother find it out...

It really shocked me on one side...on the other side I feeling free now...so I make it public. And now I have no problems, that everybody knows, that I watching it^^

I first became a fan of the show in early 2012. Back in late 2011, I was visiting another website and I saw some people with pony avatars. Having heard about the previous generations, I decided to give the show a chance, and so I looked it up on YouTube. I clicked on the first result, which was Sisterhooves Social - and I really enjoyed it. However, I was a bit confused on who all the characters were, so I went back and found the first two episodes. At the end of the second one, I was hooked!

I started being a brony on my birthday last year. I became a brony because at first, I was merely interested in seeing what the hype was about, and then I watched more and more, then I joined the herd...  :lol:

I started last year, when my daughter was in first grade. MLP aired two episodes in the morning, then we started watching it on net flix. I feel in love with the cartoon. I really enjoyed the child friendly stories, that did not talk down to the audiance. I also loved the strong compassionate characters. The songs enhanced the show, instead of being annoying.

I bought as many of the 2 inch mini figures as I could, and really enjoyed playing out stories with my daughter. We love the comic books, and really enjoy my little pony together. I hope it continues on for a long time. We are actually going to Everfree NW this summer. I am not sure which one of us is more excited.

• Brohoof 1

The first time I saw any animation for the show was when my friend sent me the "aeiou" moonbase alpha video.  In the related I saw an mlp version of it and thought "wow this looks amazing!". So I started watching the show on the hub whenever I got a chance. Now I keep up with everything pony related. 

I first became a brony like right after the first season.. I saw a clip of one of the shows on a friends Facebook feed.. And then youtubed all the episodes and went all sadface when I couldn't find anymore episodes.. Then said friend was like.. "Second season hasn't come out.." And I haven't been so excited to meet other bronies.. Because I feel like around me they don't exist..

• Brohoof 1

Sometime last year for me., Watched one episode the first one thought it was ok just while walking through youtube then while online met a few bronies who intro'd me to derpy., long story short I went back watched more episodes now I'm hooked even my Ps3 accounts for online games are The Mane Six-((Rainbow dash my main.)) plus a Derpy and Daring Do account.

Extremely weird way I got into the show: I was trying to get good ideas for an animation I was doing and randomly looked up "animation" in Google Images for no reason. Somehow I came across MLP, and just shrugged and said "Huh. Cool art." then kept going. From a fansite for another cartoon, I saw a topic discussing MLP, and was slightly curious. 2 Days later, I gave in and watched an episode on my iPhone really early in the morning. I got hooked and since have watched 12 or so episodes. That was about a month ago, and I joined this site today. 

I saw a few episodes on danish tv (don't watch it in danish, it's horrible) didn't fascinate me much.

Later that year (2013) i heard about the bronies, actually thought there where quite cool, also finding out one of my friends is brony.

So i went lool more into the brony community, and saw how hated they are, so that lead me to go against anti bronies, still not being a brony.

After seing my friend watching the show u decided, why not? So i went on and watched, wasn't super fascinated but thought it was pretty cool,

So i started watching season 1 to season 2 and so on.

So, that's my story!

I became interested in mlp in Janurary 2014 (not sure what day) but I always called myself semi-brony since I did 3/4 things a brony would do, but now that I started an account on this forum yesterday I can proudly call myself a full-fledged brony (not like it was a goal before, but still).

i get a brony in ... i dont know but i know how

at first there was a friend from me he make some pony jockes in school and it was a bit funny and then he show me some pics

i wasnt realy intrestit in it i think it was just a meme but never know it came frome a show

some month later he wont me to look mlp i says no and i dont know how or why but i watch it 2 episodes evry mornieng ( Bad English ) 

yeah thats it

I was just hearing about on youtube and decided to watch some eps and I got hooked on it lol. Got into it just late last month just started season 2 love the show and the animation. Also the friendship lessons at the end and the songs are great. Fluttershy andTwlight Sparkle are my favourite 

Edited by Loki36

i loved watching rants. i found a guy who does rants on dozens of things. he also had a bunch of MLP reveiws. he was a brony, BTW. i decided it has to be good if he likes it. i watched a couple of episodes and it started to grow on me

tbh I started watching back in june of 2011 thanks to my best friend and I fell in love with the show right after the second episode and now I am a happy person thanks to the show. I'm a proud brony!

i became a brony mid august 2013 because i found out a few of my friends where bronies. I watched two episodes saying to myself "just these two, No more" now obviously that didn't happen. I watched them beginning to end and instantly got hooked. Those two were birdie gossip and ponyville confidential. I'll never forget. Favorite pony is rainbow dash, but according to some quiz I took I was most like applejack. I'm fine with that :)

Edited by Secretbrony