• October
    • November
    • December
  2. 2. What year did you join the herd?

Daaaaaw thats such a cute dashie avatar! :D 

Welcome my friend *hugs* =] 

Feel free to PM me / add me if you need help or want to chit chat! =]

• Brohoof 1

Welcome to the site! I became a brony when I saw the 'fine bros' video, teens react to my little pony, I thought that most of tye teens were being unfair and didn't see what the problem was. People should be able to watch what ever show the want. I watched and episode of MLP:FiM and loved it, I have been a brony ever since

Why this month of this year, that being December 2013 for those who like to read backlogs. I knew about the craze and was intrigued about it. I knew a high school friend who enjoyed it and KotoRPlayerVIII, an internet buddy on Fanfiction, was also a fan of it. Plus there was this whole internet community of bronies who I knew to exist. Curious as to what all the hubbub was about, I YouTube binged on them until I was caught up with the series. I was actually a bit in denial about it, thinking that it was good but not great. But yesterday, the 15th, I caught the newest episode on YouTube and was surprised to find myself giddy about it. I was probably hooked long before then when I first started watching them but that was the day that I actually admitted it to myself.

>Blank flank!<

Joining in October 2013 had 3 whole seasons to watch, keeping me entertained. Now season four is out I'm not leaving x3

:mellow: Eyup - I've really just joined, but I'm grasping the flow of this community allready and I'm starting to feel like it's one big family!

^.^ Rarity  :D

• Brohoof 1

I can't remember when exactly I became a member, but I can remember how it happened:

I was a bit of an ass when it came to bronies before I was converted. I regret being like this now, and I'm a bit worried that a few people may judge me for being like this, but back then I hated them with a passion. I could've been classified as a troll, actually. Whenever I saw anything pony related, I would either complain about it or make jokes about it.

And that's when I found out that one of my friends was a brony.

Obviously, this was a shock to me. He and a few his other friends explained to me why it was a good show and that the fanbase wasn't totally ridiculous. I finally was convinced to at least watch the first episode, and with that I began the path down being a brony. And thank God I did. It was one of the best things that ever happened to me.

Today I am the definition of love and tolerance. I guess MLP actually made me a better person.

• Brohoof 1

There is a thread for this already but whatever...

One night after being annoyed to hell by all the MLP videos on youtube. Sadly I accidentally click one and my computer decides to lock up its cursor and force me to listen to it. Helping twilight sparkle win the crown...

I was wowed by the music (I've watched the movie over 40 times now)

Anyway leading from that I have completed all the seasons about 2 months ago or so. I have a big respect for the shoes music in general.

Edit: I got lazy in other topics I made this longer so here we go.

Anyway leading up to this brony business... I was somewhat in a hate against the show but also somewhat neutral at the same time. It annoyed me and when something poped up you can say I yelled at it xD... but as for hearing one song and getting me hooked. Stupidly the first thing for me to see was the movie. In which parts made me cringe but for the most part it was confusing have no knowledge of the show whatsoever except mabe Rainbow Dashes name... gah memes... but I loved the music. And therefore decided to move onto watching the actual show (yay I understand the storyline of the movie now xD) and respect practically all of its aspects now. Music. Animation. Concept. Hell the lessons even. And hell. what's not to love about Technicolor ponies ;)

Edited by Techite Sparkle
  • Brohoof 2

Well, couple years I was hanging out with a group of my friends when one comes up to me and asks "Hey, do you still draw?" so I say ya, kinda and he then pulls me away from the rest going "Okay, I know this is going to sound really weird, but can you draw me a ponysona?" and I just looked at him with a complete blank face before going "Like a fursona?" "Ya, but with an mlp character." "...why?" and it went on like that till I said I would. So I IM'd him later and said, "Okay, so can you send me an episode or something so I know what to draw exactly?" and so he sent me the first episode. Six episodes later, I was pissed because the next one wasn't coming out for another three days. And that's how I got addicted to a show about technicolor mini horses. 

I got into the show, because A kid in my spanish class said, " My Little Pony is amazing", and I thought nothing of it until one day I was bored and remembered him saying that. In the time of a day I finished the first two seasons. If only I had known what I had got myself into.

• Brohoof 1

I have said this many times in the past but what they hay?

Went to the the mall with a friend after going to a concert in summer of 2012. Did not know anything about the show or bronies either. While we were hanging out in the mall I saw a shirt with a rainbow colored pony on it and it had the word brony on it... Asked my friend what the heck that shirt was about. He then explained to me what the whole brony fandom was about and at first I was really creeped out to hear that guys would even like this show meant for little girls... I  thought he was joshing me at first. 

Later that night I was extremely bored and decided to look up what his fandom was and how it started. I said what the heck I will watch an episode for the lack of things to do and boredom. After watching the first two episodes I was hooked and really shocked that I a guy actually enjoyed something of this nature. 

So there you have it and afterwards I joined these forums.

• Brohoof 3

well in fact i heard about the show but i never watched it and the first time i heard about bronies i thought it was a pewdiepie thing then one day i was bored so i watched the first episode and i was just like "what?" i didn't expect what i saw and i became hooked on it and watched all the episodes up to season 4 then a couple of weeks ago i found this forum cannot remember how i found this forum and then i joined.

I read this: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/subcultures/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic

I thought about watching S1 E1. Well, why not? What exactly is it that has all this hype surrounding it anyhow? Why not find out?

In June 2011, I watched S1 E1.

By the time Nightmare Moon cackled, I was somehow on the edge of my seat  :o

I devoured Season 1, and was taken through an epic story that was sometimes genuinely moving, sometimes brilliantly witty and hilarious, sometimes profoundly allegorical and symbolic, every moment was gold!

I learned that a massive amount of hype really can surround something that is truly hype-worthy. I learned that people really do have good taste.

• Brohoof 1

Last year, I was on Newgrounds and my little sister looked at my screen. As Epic Wub Time: Musicians of Ponyville just came out, it was on the homepage. My sister and I watched it, and I thought "This isn't half bad at all." That Christmas, someone gave her the "Fun, Games and Friendship" DVD, and she wanted me to watch it with her. The first episode I saw was Sonic Rainboom. A few months later, I realize that I actually liked it. I looked up S1 E1 and in July/August, I finally got around to watching it. Three and a half hours of pony later, well, it's history. Here I am now.

• Brohoof 1

To be honest for the longest time I avoided mlp like the plague. You see I had just read Twilight (the vampire one not anything about the respectable 's. Sparkle) due to sheer hype and regretted it. And there was also all this hype about mlp. Being burned by hope once I didn't want to be burned again. For a few months and even for episodes into session 2 I avoided it. Until a friend of mine on InkBunny (one of the few people I trust to give me a good suggestion) told me to just give it a chance, watch the first five of you don't like it by then you really never would. Fine I said, I'll give it a shot. I ended up watching all of season one and the current for episodes of season two. Then a miracle happened no for me out of bed before 1 pm on a Saturday. That is when I knew I was a brony.

fdfdsa fd d asd adf  23r2r r2

Edited by plzremoveaccountfdfd

My friends inundated me with My little Pony material for the longest time, and my family has been in it from generation one. I was over at a friends one night and she just turns on the TV and pulls up the newest episode. My OCD tells me that I have to start from the beginning and watching an episode in the middle of a season irked me. so naturally I went all the way back to episode one, and by the time I reached the episode she showed me again I was hooked.

Well I guess I'm a pegasister so idk if it counts for me but I started in Nov when a few of my friends who watched it were surprised that I didn't and showed me I then went on Netflix and watched every episode :D:muffins: