Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

web What is the worst fanfiction you've ever read?

Alex Z

Sweet Apple Massacre. It's way too vulgar for my liking, more so than Cupcakes. x_x

My Immortal is another fanfic that's considered bad by others, but I found it hilarious. It's definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.

• Brohoof 2

Story wise? A certain Spike-centric fanfic that shall not be named. You thought Sweet Apple Massacre was bad? I read through that fanfic without batting an eye(not that i'm proud of that), and this one made my stomach turn on the second chapter. I had to stop at the second act... too much wanton violence and needlessly sick and disgusting acts for me.

If you mean content wise, though, probably Cupcakes. It's one of the most shoddily done fanfics I've ever read out of those that are both well known and completed. One probably shouldn't feel emptier at the end of reading something than they did at the beginning, but it somehow succeeded.

If you mean worst as in most poorly written/composed/planned... I can't remember because once a fanfiction stumbles enough times I back away and avoid reading more.

If you mean worst as in darkest or most sickening... I guess Cupcakes claims that title since, while not particularly bad, it's the only one where torture and the death of a main character were the central foci.

Edited by SFyr

Not read many of them:

But My Little Dashie was terrible.

One of the ones that seems the most popular, but I thought the plot was silly. And it was so poorly written, mainly because the emotional moments were cringe worthy.

• Brohoof 7

Not read many of them:

But My Little Dashie was terrible.

One of the ones that seems the most popular, but I thought the plot was silly. And it was so poorly written, mainly because the emotional moments were cringe worthy.

Pretty much this.  I got to the second paragraph before I just went "nope".  I haven't read much fanfiction, admittedly, but this was too damn cringey.

I doubt I could read the entire thing without the help of alcohol.

• Brohoof 3

I like the concept and many aspects of MLD, and it does have some well written parts. But I do have to agree, there are some parts that are too heavy handed giving it some of that cringy fanfiction flavor.

Edited by whitetiger187
  • Brohoof 1

The fanfics I wrote back in High School. 

I haven't read any of the more infamously bad fan fictions, MLP or otherwise, so the worst I've ever read would be A Study of Alicorns: Cause and Effect. It turns all Alicorns (because there are more scattered across Equestria apparently) into psychotic beings who see mortals as insignificant pieces to be used century long "games" of trying to overthrow one another. So Celestia wasn't forced to banish Nightmare Moon because Luna became corrupted and tried to kill her, she did it because she lost the game and needed to be punished. Also, Chrysalis is in on the entire thing, so the entire Canterlot Wedding invasion was, again, just because the immortals were bored.

Just talking about this fic makes me legitimately mad, I'm not even kidding. 

Everyone thinks cupcakes is as bad as it gets.

This is quite amusing.

I can tell none of you have read the "Iron Will's Foalcon Necrophilia Sex Rampage" trilogy. That story is like cupcakes, but with rape added, and about 10 times as long.

And 120 days of blueblood is slightly less over the top in its violence, and isn't quite as badly written, but it's just as disgusting, and it's the length of a full novel. It's based on "120 Days of Sodom", the book which gave us the word "sadism" and the film ("Salo") of which regularly appears at or near the top of lists of the most violent/disturbing films ever made.

A long Scootaloo fan fiction that I shall not say the name of. You can note me if you really want to know, but it has various disgusting elements such as the R word that rhymes with tape, torture, intercourse that causes great harm to Scootaloo, gore, pure cruelty, and... descriptively mutilating ponies' parts.

It was nonetheless well written and had an interesting story in some ways, which is why I read quite a bit of it, but it got too sickening for me eventually.

A long Scootaloo fan fiction that I shall not say the name of. You can note me if you really want to know, but it has various disgusting elements such as the R word that rhymes with tape, torture, intercourse that causes great harm to Scootaloo, gore, pure cruelty, and... descriptively mutilating ponies' parts.

It was nonetheless well written and had an interesting story in some ways, which is why I read quite a bit of it, but it got too sickening for me eventually.

I think everyone already knows the name of THAT fanfic!

Story wise? A certain Spike-centric fanfic that shall not be named. You thought Sweet Apple Massacre was bad? I read through that fanfic without batting an eye(not that i'm proud of that), and this one made my stomach turn on the second chapter. I had to stop at the second act... too much wanton violence and needlessly sick and disgusting acts for me.

I think I know what story you're talking about. That made my stomach turn a bit. I scrolled through almost all of it when it got too much.  

If we are talking about disturbing/gore/vulgarity, then I would probably have to go with "The Secret Life of Rarity", may not be as gory as some, but it had much more of an impact over some due to it having an actual connection to the characters and trying to integrate itself as if it were just the behind the scenes of the show, rather good fanfic in terms of quality though. As for the worst fanfic in terms or entertainment and the like, well really that is too hard, I've adapted my searches to filter out the muck, that and I usually stop reading if it is poor, usually read the non spoiling comments just to confirm.

I had to waste two hours of my life on this piece of trash for a dare. I swear, as you listen your brain starts melting.

In college we had "storytime" where we would read bad fanction, this was what killed it. I can't stress it enough this fanfiction was god awful... Words alone cannot describe just how terrible it is

My Little Dashie. A real life man finds a cartoon horse in the middle of nowhere and raises her as his daughter, and we're supposed to take it very seriously like it's a deep tragedy

• Brohoof 4