Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What would you like the world of G5 to be like?

Plonkett

Let's assume that G5 would have a setting that would have nothing to do with Equestria, and instead be completely original. What would you like the G5 setting to have? What could many places in it be like, and what kinds of races outside of ponies? Would it be governed just like how Equestria is?

• Brohoof 1

I think that if G5 is to be a success, it needs to follow G4 characters and basic formula. These characters have become too well known and loved to be replaced and MLP needs to start rebooting its worlds like comic books do: keeping the core things the same.

If I was in charge of G5, the world of ponies would still be called Equestria and controlled by Celestia and Luna, but the world would have more sentient animals that come from other lands like G1, I dunno.

Whatever they decide to do, they need to keep relatively true to G4.

Edited by Arctofire
  • Brohoof 3

I know this isn't realistic thinking, but Industrialist or Steampunk-ish, maybe?

Obviously that won't happen though, unless Hasbro agrees to put copper and brass playsets in the pink aisle.

Edited by SpaceOnion

G5 is a long while away. If Friendship is Magic ends, then they will probably be screwed and just sell the toys for a decade. When sales are low, thats when G5 will happen, and as I said it will probably be close to G4.

I think that if G5 is to be a success, it needs to follow G4 characters and basic formula. These characters have become too well known and loved to be replaced and MLP needs to start rebooting its worlds like comic books do: keeping the core things the same.

If I was in charge of G5 the world of ponies would still be called Equestria and controlled by Celestia and Luna, but would have more sentient animals that come from other lands like G1, I dunno.

Whatever they decide to do, they need to keep relatively true to G4.

Yes, it should have everything that makes G4 so well loved. I wouldn't mind the style being a bit different though (given how many fan artists are out there). Of coulrse, it should also have good writing, stories, characters, and voice acting just like G4. Besides Equestria, we should get to know about other nations outside of it, like ones for griffons, dragons, zebras, minotaurs, etc.

Yes, it should have everything that makes G4 so well loved. I wouldn't mind the style being a bit different though (given how many fan artists are out there). Of coulrse, it should also have good writing, stories, characters, and voice acting just like G4. Besides Equestria, we should get to know about other nations outside of it, like ones for griffons, dragons, zebras, minotaurs, etc.

I agree with a new style as long as:

1. Its still anime inspired

2. If a "new style" really means a new style and not just reverting back to the hideous old style of G1 - G3.

Edited by Arctofire

I know this answer is not really in the spirit of the question, but I'd want it to be more of a G4.1.

Instead of rebooting everything, just move on to a different core cast, set in a different part of Equestria. Setting it in a city (Manehattan, Fillydelphia, etc), or by the coast, could give it quite a different feel.

G4 characters could have occasional cameo appearances.

An actual over-arching plot and continuing storyline instead of one-shot episodes with minor continuity.

Also, I wouldn't mind if they did some stories/story-arcs with a more serious tone like comics every once and while. 

• Brohoof 2

No, if it followed the characters and setting of G4, it will sink faster then a tank filled with cement. Hasbro has a long track record of screwing up new series, basing them off the previous ones. Making G5, in its own thing, would be better off and probably go somewhere. Hoping Hasbro will follow G4, will just kill the entire thing before the first season is done.

• Brohoof 1

I’ve always thought that once G4s over and they’ve explored all they can with that and reached it’s conclusion that the franchise should move on and try something new and a bit different for G5.

I say this on all the G5 threads, but I’d like this new world, for this future generation not to be a cartoon but a live action movie series, with 3D computer generated ponies that aren’t too realistic but not too unrealistic either.

A movie with beautiful landscape shots: and amazing looking creatures like dragons and monsters and other mythical creatures. And references appropriately placed throughout the movies paying homage to every gen of MLP since the first one from the 1980s. With an exciting story, full of action, adventure and friendship and in general a great family movie

Anyway that’s my idea :)

Edited by Scootaloodle
  • Brohoof 1

i would like the ponys of G5 to be more grown up and the show made specifically for older people. I think that in the world of G5 ponies will deal with issues like "my boy/girl friend just broke up with me" instead of "my friend isn't being to kind".

It'd be kinda awesome if G5 was made specifically for bronies, but not so explicit where little girls wouldn't like it. The cast would remain the same, but background ponies would get more spotlight, and the art style would be improved. I like the art style now, but they could really go crazy with it if they wanted to.

(edited)

I just had a thought, maybe G5 would be something completely made on the internet. It would basically be a "By bronies, for bronies" sort of thing. Best of all, it could actually be funded by Hasbro.

Edited by vgmaster9
  • Brohoof 1

It'd be kinda awesome if G5 was made specifically for bronies, but not so explicit where little girls wouldn't like it. The cast would remain the same, but background ponies would get more spotlight, and the art style would be improved. I like the art style now, but they could really go crazy with it if they wanted to.

I hate to burst your bubble, but if "the cast remained the same" then it wouldn't be G5, it would be G4.5 (a spin-off of FIM).  :please: 

• Brohoof 1

Needs more bacon. The show should be called My Little Bacon: Bacon Is Magic. Ponyville would be Baconville, Canterlot is Baconlot, Appaloosa is Baconloosa, Trottingham is Baconham, Cloudsdale should be Bacondale, there should be giant talking strips of bacon, and their allies should be giant talking poached/scrambled eggs, and Princess Celestia should run Equestria normally, except that anyone who doesn't like bacon should be sent to the moon, which is made of bacon.

(edited)

I know an interesting style for G5, has anyone seen the Disney short, Paperman? It takes 3d animated objects and puts 2d animation over it, giving it a very unique style.

Edited by vgmaster9

In case anyone is thinking there's a chance of G5 following G4, and doing well, I'd like to point out a couple of examples...

There hasn't been a G.I. Joe series since Sigma 6, because it was bad. And remember, the last time Transformers had a direct sequel done by Hasbro, was Beast Machines...and we all know what a massive train wreck that was. And if I'm recalling correctly, didn't g3 and/or 3.5, try to tie itself in with g2/g1? 

Simple fact is, Hasbro is horrible at direct tie in sequel series, and does better when they go a new route. The first live action G.I. Joe movie did well, Transformers Animated and Prime were amazing, and of course MLP:FiM is fantastic...but they all followed a new path.

In case anyone is thinking there's a chance of G5 following G4, and doing well, I'd like to point out a couple of examples...

There hasn't been a G.I. Joe series since Sigma 6, because it was bad. And remember, the last time Transformers had a direct sequel done by Hasbro, was Beast Machines...and we all know what a massive train wreck that was. And if I'm recalling correctly, didn't g3 and/or 3.5, try to tie itself in with g2/g1? 

Simple fact is, Hasbro is horrible at direct tie in sequel series, and does better when they go a new route. The first live action G.I. Joe movie did well,

I don't think those examples are sufficient evidence to conclude that therefore, Hasbro should never do anything at all that connects G5 and G4.  Beast Machines was bad because Beast Machines was bad, not because it had anything to do with Beast Wars.  Even if it had no connection with Beast Wars, it still would have been cancelled when it was.  A show can be bad or good on its own merits, regardless of whether it ties in or not.

I don't think those examples are sufficient evidence to conclude that therefore, Hasbro should never do anything at all that connects G5 and G4.  Beast Machines was bad because Beast Machines was bad, not because it had anything to do with Beast Wars.  Even if it had no connection with Beast Wars, it still would have been cancelled when it was.  A show can be bad or good on its own merits, regardless of whether it ties in or not.

Um, yes it is. One of the biggest factors as to why Beast Machines was pure crap, was because of how many things it threw into the trash can that were established in G1 and Beast Wars. It it had no relations to Beast Wars in any way, it might of not been as big a pile of crap, as it was. Trust me, the majority of the flaws pointed out by fans, have to do with its tie in with Beast Wars and G1. It's not like RiD, which was trash on so many levels, even though it was a stand alone (and not even done by hasbro). But look at Animated and Prime, they have some nods to stuff in the past, but aside from characters, there isn't any link to any past series, and they both did well.

And I gave a GI Joe example as well, because that's all I could think of at the time (wasn't sure if I was right about mlp g3/3.5). Hasbro has NEVER made a direct sequel, that hasn't been trash.

Um, yes it is. One of the biggest factors as to why Beast Machines was pure crap, was because of how many things it threw into the trash can that were established in G1 and Beast Wars. It it had no relations to Beast Wars in any way, it might of not been as big a pile of crap, as it was. Trust me, the majority of the flaws pointed out by fans, have to do with its tie in with Beast Wars and G1. It's not like RiD, which was trash on so many levels, even though it was a stand alone (and not even done by hasbro). But look at Animated and Prime, they have some nods to stuff in the past, but aside from characters, there isn't any link to any past series, and they both did well.

And I gave a GI Joe example as well, because that's all I could think of at the time (wasn't sure if I was right about mlp g3/3.5). Hasbro has NEVER made a direct sequel, that hasn't been trash.

I agree that the very idea of trying to do a direct sequel is difficult.  I'm just saying that that doesn't necessarily mean if couldn't be done.

Edited by Pinkie-Guy

I agree that the very idea of trying to do a direct sequel is difficult.  I'm just saying that that doesn't necessarily mean if couldn't be done.

Oh, I know it can be done. Japan has two series that have been doing it, for nearly 50 years now. I'm just saying, Hasbro doesn't seem to be capable of pulling it off.