Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Twilight lost her horn OR wings?

gamecubeguy214

46 users have voted

1. 1. Twilight, you haven't been a good princess. You choose to give up your

• Wings
    • Horn

Which also brings up the question; how did Luna/Nightmare Moon become an Alicorn in the first place?

Going by the Journal of the Two Sisters, written by Rogers with help from Meghan and Lauren, Celestia and Luna were born alicorns, and when they were growing up at the hills of Canterlot there were more alicorns around, though they all seem to have gone somewhere between then and when the founders of Equestria came. So it seems likely that alicorns are an actual race that can breed and give birth to other alicorns naturally, in addition to some ponies being able to become alicorns.

• Brohoof 1

If I was her, I will choose my horn. I will like to see what it will be to be a pegasus. Being able to fly on my own, no magic required, that will be the best. Also, I doubt I will be a good princess, or in my case, a good prince, since I am a guy in real life. Being a leader can be very frustating, I rather being a careless pegasus, doing what jobs a pegasus can do, and just doing whatever I feel like on my free time. I might need a new family, a pegasus family, which will mean a new mom and dad, and maybe a new sister, or brother. Of course, I will still love my biological parents, and siblings, if I had any. I might give my horn to an earth pony, or another pegasus, so they can be an alicorn, or unicorn. Probably just an earth pony. Maybe Pinkie Pie can be an unicorn, she seems to be rather adept with magic without one, so if she becomes an unicorn, her own form of magic can be amplified. Being a pegasus when I was an unicorn, again, this is if I was Twilight Sparkle, and I had to make the choice, will be difficult to adapt to at first, but I always said, practice makes perfect.

• Brohoof 1

Wings:  Given she is a born unicorn

and has a gift for magic,  well it would

be the logical choice for Twilight

to even make if she had to choose, but

now the monkey in the barrel!

What if she lost her horn? We would

have a peggy Twilight with no magic

who had to learn to live as a peggy and

such!  Now you might have a lot good

inner conflict and  such in the story! 

• Brohoof 1

Going by the Journal of the Two Sisters, written by Rogers with help from Meghan and Lauren, Celestia and Luna were born alicorns, and when they were growing up at the hills of Canterlot there were more alicorns around, though they all seem to have gone somewhere between then and when the founders of Equestria came. So it seems likely that alicorns are an actual race that can breed and give birth to other alicorns naturally, in addition to some ponies being able to become alicorns.

Okay, good points but how does that explain Twi, who wasn't born an Alicorn but ended up becoming one in the season four finale?

The Two Sisters? You mean the constellation Gemini?

Okay, good points but how does that explain Twi, who wasn't born an Alicorn but ended up becoming one in the season four finale?

Like I said, alicorns are able to be naturally born in addition to being able for non-alicorn ponies to become one, like Twilight and Cadence.

First, thanks for the explanation, I appreciate that and it helps to clarify some things for me. But, now, it brings up another question in my mind; since all of the writers who established canon in the show have stated that the Alicorns were a race and all we've seen so far in the show (as far as I can tell) are the naturally born Celestia and Luna then what happened to all the other Alicorns? Or is that something that the shows writers never said anything about?

Well as an alicorn, Twilight is technically all three types put together, the earth pony parts are just obviously less apparent just as earth pony magic is.

If she were to be reduced back to her mortal state, I would think she would just be returned to being a unicorn as that was what she was born as.

I am a huge fan of Twilight as an Alicorn, so this question is a real toughie. If she absolutely had to lose something, it should be her wings. Her magic is now powerful enough where she doesn't actually need them for anything.

If she keeps mooning over Flash Sentry though, she may "lose" something else! The compost would really hit the windmill if THAT happened!

• Brohoof 1

Her horn, because it'll cause a wonderful wave of outrage in the community which I will sit back and laugh at. Also it would make for an interesting conflict, as she learns to live life without her horn (although we did see that a bit in Equestria Girls)

• Brohoof 2

She already lost her treehouse, which got replaced by the abomination of architecure that is her new castle, so leave the poor girl alone.

I actually blame the loss of the library on Twilight rather than Tirek. Seriously, what reason did she have to teleport there? Just to look at him through her telescope? 

Her horn, because it'll cause a wonderful wave of outrage in the community which I will sit back and laugh at.

Agreed. Meanwhile, Twilight no longer having the ability to alter the minds and bodies of living creatures, something that should honestly be illegal within the world of FiM, would be nothing but a positive thing for Equestria. 

• Brohoof 1

Agreed. Meanwhile, Twilight no longer having the ability to alter the minds and bodies of living creatures, something that should honestly be illegal within the world of FiM, would be nothing but a positive thing for Equestria.

Wow I'd never thought about that. Seems extremely unethical. Might have to make a video about that now! :lol:

Though magic is kinda Twi's thing and depriving her of her horn strikes me as wrong...

Pegasuseses are by far my favorite pony tribe / type.  And the little stubby horns have always looked funky to me. o_O  No offense to unicorn-lovers; to each their own.  I don't want to deprive Rainbow of her new-ish flying buddy. xD

Or...  Can Twi just lose a significant chunk of whatever screen time she's been allotted in season five instead? x3

Well, if there was a choice, it'd probably be her wings, but I really hope we don't see something like that come about. Alicorn Twilight is something I've loved since day one, so...yeah. XD

• Brohoof 1