Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if Twilight lost her horn OR wings?

gamecubeguy214

46 users have voted

1. 1. Twilight, you haven't been a good princess. You choose to give up your

• Wings
    • Horn

Key: C = Celestia

T = Twilight

Notes: This will never happen.

C: You haven't been a very successful princess. I can't name any problems you have solved. You have learned much in your journey to the alicorn experience, but it didn't really change you on the inside, and the alicorn form of you should only happen if you actually are a princess that changes Equestria. Do you want to lose your wings or your horn?

T: Tough choice..

What would you prefer for Twi to lose? Her wings or horn?

Edited by gamecubeguy214
  • Brohoof 1

Key: C = Celestia

T = Twilight

Notes: This will never happen.

C: You haven't been a very successful princess. I can't name any problems you have solved. You have learned much in your journey to the alicorn experience, but it didn't really change you on the inside, and the alicorn form of you should only happen if you actually are a princess that changes Equestria. Do you want to lose your wings or your horn?

T: Tough choice..

What would you prefer for Twi to lose? Her wings or horn?

C: Now keep in mind you'll still be a princess. Crowns are worthless anyway. I just really need some alicorn blood to sate my appetites.

I would rather see her lose her horn because that would present a new challenge to her. Magic is her thing. Stripped of it, she would have to learn an entirely new way of living, and might even learn how to rise up and become better than she was before, thus regaining Celestia's confidence. That would be a much more interesting story to watch than "Twilight turns back into a unicorn".

Wings, duh.

She doesn't even need them. She has a horn for teleporting and a spell for walking on clouds not to mention that she was a unicorn from the beginning.

Edited by Star Ruby
  • Brohoof 3

Can she lose Spike instead? I think the chances of her screwing up everything is much higher when Spike is nowhere to be found. Without wings, she's still a powerful spellcaster. Without horn, she could fly really well the last time we see her. Without Spike? She'd burn the entire continent down.

That said, I'd love to see her without horn, just to see her cutie mark being invalidated :lol:

Edited by Starshine

Considering that this is from Twilight's point of view, she'll most likely give up on her wings. But if she really hasn't been good at her role of being a princess, then her punishment should've been a little more severe, such as not given the choice to have either her wings or her horn removed.

Personally, I'd like to see her horn removed. Having her wings removed isn't nearly as strong of a punishment as removing her horn would be. I know about her cutie mark and all, but still.

• Brohoof 1

If Twilight lost her horn, that would mean she would no longer be able to tarnish her friends' souls by her own carelessness, and it would also mean that she would no longer be able to alter her friends' bodies on a genetic level without their consent.

Hmm, yep, sounds like a pretty good deal to me. 

I think she'd give up her wings. If she gave up her horn...I think she would go insane. Magic is her talent, it's who she is. To give up that magic would drive her over the edge, I think.

...Then again, in EQG she didn't have her horn and she managed just fine through the magic of friendship. I suppose she would find a way to get it back if she somehow lost it.

• Brohoof 1

None of the above.  Alicorn  Twilight is just fine

Twilight did not tarnish Fluttershy's soul in Bats, nor did she turn her friends  into Breezies against their will either. Give me a break and quit trying to impose your fanon where it does not belong.

Good question. Interesting topic.

I imagine that, in such an episode, the creators would stick to canon from previous seasons/episodes but I have to wonder; once an Alicorn always an Alicorn?

This might be so since Luna didn't lose any of her attributes (horn/wings) even when she went bad and became Nightmare Moon and then was outcast to the moon for a thousand years.

Which also brings up the question; how did Luna/Nightmare Moon become an Alicorn in the first place?

As we've seen with Twilight Sparkle it's been strongly suggested that Alicorns are elevated to that position from either Unicorns or Pegasii so there's that.

Still, if I was to suggest a choice as to what she would lose I'd have to say wings because, first, she's not really comfortable with them and it's apparent she never learned to use them very well.

What I would think would be much more likely is that she might lose Princess Celestia's respect to at least some degree if not a lot. Also, I suspect that Celestia would be feeling some guilt and the sting of failure, feeling doubts about her own abilities as a teacher, feeling that if she'd done a better job of teaching Twilight then the presumed disaster never would have happened in the first place.

In my headcanon it's very possible that Celestia would request that Luna become Celestia's new tutor/mentor and that Luna would accept, thus giving the whole story arc an entirely new direction.

As for Twilight continuing to be a princess with her continuing in her palace I'd think that it could and would happen but only under Luna's direct supervision with the hope and intent that it would help to prevent any future disasters that caused Twilight be demoted in the first place.

Twilight would definitely choose to lose her wings, and I don't really think losing her wings would even affect her that much.

How about the respect or support of princess Celestia?

It'd be great seeing her forced to act on her own, against Celestia's wishes.

Something like that sounds like an interesting idea. It could definitely make for a good conflict.