Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What are People from Your Region Called?

Adash

Isn't eating crow a bad term? Like (And i know it's wikipedia, but I swear I've heard it other places too.) the wikipedia entry for "Eating crow" says Eating crow is an American colloquial idiommeaning humiliation by admitting wrongness or having been proven wrong after taking a strong position. Crow is presumably foul-tasting in the same way that being proven wrong might be emotionally hard to swallow.

Eh, I'm not so sure if it's a bad term, but given the information you said, then I suppose. The information I found says that South Australians are called Crow Eaters since it refers to our coat of arms, and I wouldn't think they would care about an idiom like that. We have different cultures and slang, after all.

Eh, I'm not so sure if it's a bad term, but given the information you said, then I suppose. The information I found says that South Australians are called Crow Eaters since it refers to our coat of arms, and I wouldn't think they would care about an idiom like that. We have different cultures and slang, after all.

True, might just be that I'm used to hearing it in a different context, being an American myself.

Well where im from, we are called, hell bound, heathen sinners, devils advocates, godless moronic fornicators, and many other such gracious names.

Where are you from, Norway? (Sorry Norwegians I just picked a country at random I don't mean it.)

• Brohoof 1

Southerners!  :smug:

The people who move from other regions or countries to the South are called "transplants". Contrary to popular belief, I don't usually hear the term "Yankee" thrown around a lot, but maybe that's because I live in Atlanta, a metro area that's chock full of transplants (including me).

Edited by skbl17

I cant say about it. Where I from - is my biggest secret. But If you want...

My country is a cold.

My country is a angry

Here, you may be turn to be angry person.

Here you can breath air of freedom in a center of wide forest covered by snow.

What is this country?

huylkill County, Pe

Awesome, I'm from Pennsylvania too!

Anyway, I spent half my life in New Jersey to be just as much from there as PA. There we are called not so affectionately, "Pineys". (For the pine trees.) 

Crow is presumably foul-tasting

Or perhaps even fowl-tasting.  :lol:

post-30326-0-75948000-1423221754.jpg

In the UK, there are several, but I'm only going to focus on England particularly. There are three that I know of. These are Brits, British people and Britons.

If you were focussing on England particularly, then the term you are looking for is "English". Or perhaps "Sassenachs".

Sydneysiders.

I was once a Sydneysider. And indeed an Eastie. (Do people still use "Eastie"/"Westie"?)

Edited by Vital Spark

I was once a Sydneysider. And indeed an Eastie. (Do people still use "Eastie"/"Westie"?)

Nope, never heard it. ;p If it was still used though, I'd be considered a Westie.

Montanan, and no, I don't own a horse...anymore. Darn, almost got out of that stereotype

You don't own a horse any more. Now you're just obsessed with ponies. Totally different thing.

Edited by Vital Spark

Hoosier is the general term though I do not hear it often at all. You all probably know what state that is. As for the general region I live in..uhh...wannabe Kentucky...ins? Maybe it is just my county but it seems like many people around here try too hard to be 'southern' when they clearly aren't. Like Rarity trying to be like Applejack though it is not that extreme...and it isn't to impress some hottie. :P

• 4 years later...

Well, they're definitely Texans...

I think an apt name, though, would be "alt-right overly Christian gun lovers that drink too much and lack boundaries." Long, but very accurate indeed for people around here :dry:

Edited by Dusklicious