Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Pro(fessional)crastination thread

Saroth

Do you procrastinate?

How often do you procrastinate?

Are you procrastinating right now?

If so, what are you supposed to be doing right now?

Personally, I procrastinate. Way too much. I was procrastinating just before until I realized that I couldn't do my homework until I got back to school (go figure)

I have a habit of leaving things till the last minute just like, I'm assuming, a fair amount of people on here.

I'm also a procrastinator in the sense that I watch Nerdcubed  B)

• Brohoof 1

I have a problem with procrastinating. I do it too much and in the end I end up failing with assignments and homework. At the moment I'm supposed to be buying a 50x40cm canvas for a visual arts assessment. ;p

Ha! Procrastination.... I've been doing that for like most of today, unfortunately.

I've been walking around to other dorm rooms talking to people this evening, browsing ebay, watching videos, and writing this comment.

I should be studying for/working on: 

-Prob/Stats test

-Circuits test

-Matrix Algebra homework

-Character Response paper for a fiction class

-Random easy quiz

and much more.... I could probably knock out the majority of the stuff in under an hour... but procrastination rules differently.

Edited by K-Tone

I've been procrastinating a lot since my surgery on Wednesday. Haven't really been up to much productivity lately, and right now I feel a little sick because I overdid the painkillers earlier. It doesn't help that my mouth hurts. I don't usually procrastinate at all but... I just don't feel so hot at the moment. X_x

I should be working on one of my stories but... I feel like shit. Too exhausted, a bit nauseous and in pain at the moment. ;o;

I do, waaaaay too much. It's really starting to get me in trouble at various places, too. Honestly, I need to get back to work (yes, on a Sunday because of prior procrastination) or I'm doomed to fail yet another graduation attempt.

My main methods of procrastinating are this forum, TV Tropes and Youtube. If anyone knows how to beat procrastination, please let me know. It will probably do me a lot of good.

• Brohoof 2

I have a couple hundred pages of homework to do. Haven't started on it yet. And then there's my programming projects.

As far as what I believe, nopony's words can get you to stop procrastinating. You have to cure yourself of this deadly disease. Perhaps I could cure myself. But... maybe later. ;)

Ohhh yes, I procrastinate like you wouldn't believe!

Right now, I'm supposed to be asleep, but I have a nagging cough that's so bad, it's leaving me nauseous and really hurting my throat... I hope I can fall asleep soon, so I can do nothing but sleep all day--literally!

Yup, I procrocrastinate too; it seems like everyone does in some way :P.

I tend to procrastinate quite a lot since I work better under pressure. If I allow myself too much time to do something, then I'll just get distracted.

I'm procrastinating right now on... nothing actually. :wacko: I already finished my homework at school on Friday so I don't have to do it this weekend.

Edited by SparklingSwirls

For most of my life, I pretty much never procrastinated aside from with making those accursed history models...  :eww:

Once I got to my final year of sixth form, though, the procrastination hit hard. Even now that I'm out of it, I still procrastinate quite a bit... sorta. What I need to do hasn't got a deadline, but 'better now than never' never really seems to click well with me... :P

• Brohoof 1

Procrastinating is unfortunately my achilles heel more often then not.. I find myself too easily distracted from what I'm supposed to be doing, usually college assignments. :blush:

They should really invent a zapper or something that shocks you when you get distracted.. then again I'd likely neglect to switch it on too. :please:

• Brohoof 1

Happens to me regularly, although half the time it's not intentional. I'll get really busy with work for a brief time, put off stuff I need to do at home, and then once I have free time again I continue to put off what I need to do here. Normally I don't like to procrastinate, but once I do, it snowballs. :o

• Brohoof 1

I have a problem with procrastinating. I do it too much and in the end I end up failing with assignments and homework. At the moment I'm supposed to be buying a 50x40cm canvas for a visual arts assessment. ;p

I remember being in the same situation last year in 7th grade. Around the 4th quarter of school, I got lazy and was watching mlp videos and other stuff rather than doing home work. At one point, I had 20 missing assignments and counting, but in the end, I powered through them all just in time for the end of the year.

Edited by Metallic guitar

I may as well have a Doctorate in procrastination with how much time I've wasted when I should be doing something else. Usually it starts out small, like I notice a link to something or someone sends me an email and suddenly three hours have passed I should have been using to do some actual work.