Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Shouldn't the theme song get a bit of a makeover?

gamecubeguy214

My Little Pony theme song..  

33 users have voted

1. 1. ..should be changed to what?

• Dubstep
    • Rock
    • Pop
    • Jazz
    • Opera
    • Orchestra
    • Other

I don't think so. I mean, Look at THe Simpsons, South Park, American Dad, Futurama, Spongebob and pretty much any other TV show...most of them have kept the same intro song for their run time, because it's iconic to that show, it makes the cartoon recognizable when you hear that tune. Mind you some of them have had a few tweaks, but nothing too huge of a change, they've kept with their original theme.

Nah, I don't think they'll change the song (and I don't really mind that) but I do hope they update the opening animation a little. I know it won't happen but I want a clip of Fluttershy having a tea party with Discord for the "sharing kindness" line. XD 

No :proud:

4 seasons isn't that long, to be honest. Many shows don't even change the theme song throughout their whole run time, except maybe in anime like some mentioned. I hear it and I know that the show is coming on and it fits with the general feel of the show quite well, at least in my personal opinion. Change should only be done when necessary, and considering that the theme song is about 30 seconds long and doesn't detract from the viewership experience, then the effort that would have to be put forth into changing the theme song could be put forth into other things that would frankly benefit the show more :P

• Brohoof 1

If anything I wouldn't change it, BUT if I had to I would go for an orchestral theme. If anything orchestral music tends to be quite timeless and universal. Take Buck Rogers for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v32VypWeF0I

Yeah, it's partially orchestral, but it's also got that 70's feel to it that makes it feel dated thanks to that thumping bass line and drum part. But listen to this:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHD1uPVkyk0[media]

Purely orchestral, and special effects aside, feels pretty timeless, IMO.

My point is that while I think the current theme for MLP is fine and can stand the test of time; an orchestral version would be just fine as well!

• Brohoof 1

No need to change it IMO, the current theme song is fine (at least in the way that it makes the theme song bearable), no need for a new one until G5. And I don't really like your idea, considering the old fashioned nature of their world and the fact I would never associate heavy metal with equestria. 

(edited)

While the current theme song is fine, I'd like to see it changed to a more electric sound, akin to Deadmau5. That would be cool in my book, but if it stays the same, that's okay too.

Edited by rpc8169

Oh, I wish Hasbro would change the opening sequence, but the probability of that happening is slim to none. :/ But I would LOVE it if the music was orchestrated. They can do so much with that genre of music.

I think it's perfect as is, though I wouldn't mind it if they used the whole version sometime, you know, like on a big two-parter.

If you think about it, not many shows actually change their theme.  How many shows can you think of that actually changed?  I'm not talking about changing the opening sequence to add stuff from newer seasons, but I'm talking about actually changing the song.  I can only think of one: Happy Days.  They used Rock Around the Clock for awhile until they actually wrote their own theme.

But if they did change the FIM theme, it should either be this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2R677MV--WI

(And yes, they should play this entire friggin video before every episode.)

Or this:

• Brohoof 1

I adore the current theme song. Its iconic to me, but I wouldn't mind a change, simply because I tend to lean towards a  "change just for the sake of change" mindset a lot of the time.

I'd love for the Equestria Girls theme to be the show's official theme, or at least something similar with altered lyrics.

Yeah. If they do decide to change the song at all then something like this would be the best. 

• Brohoof 1

I am much in favor of a theme song change.  Or they could just change it to the one they played in Equestria Girls.  That was a hot song, man.

I get that theme stuck in my head an awful lot! I dunno how well it would mesh with the show tho, and may confuse small children in to thinking they are watching the movie, maybe? I wouldn't hate it if they used that theme tho. (love the "scratching/skipping" effect especially!)

• Brohoof 1