Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think Luna/NightmareMoon did on the moon?

iDashingRainbow

Perhaps she was all shackled and chained up by some sort of magical prison which progressively became weaker for every year that passed all while she plotted her evil comeback

@@iDashingRainbow

Just to let you know I moved your topic to Show Discussion as this thread involvers a discussion centered around a character and lore.

Thanks. :)

I feel like one of the main reasons why she was banished to the moon was to isolate her completely. She wanted to harm others, so she temporarily lost the right to be around others. 

My guess is that, therefore, she didn't do much of anything at all other than think a lot.

I haven't read the comics, so I can't help it if what I say has already been disproven by them. I believe that while Nightmare Moon's body and soul were trapped in some kind of suspended animation, while her mind was fully aware. It seemed upon her return that she was aware of her time gone. I have a whole, very detailed headcanon on Luna's descent and banishment, but this probably isn't the place to post it. :adorkable:

• 1 month later...

IMO, she did on the moon what bears do in the woods ;)

Hibernate

Id like to think she slept through that ordeal. Which was why i was rather upset with thr IDW comic version.

Disregard the comics and substitute own headcanon.

She spent the whole thousand years conscious and aware of what was going on in Equestria. Watching and waiting for the day she would escape. Also probably thinking of colourful words to insult Celestia with.

Well, if the FIENDship comic for Nightmare Moon is considered canon then she was definitely awake and aware. Not sure how I feel about that, but given her demeanor upon her return in the first episode it might be feasible.

Seriously the moon looks pretty boring  ^_^ Especially for 1,000 years. So what do you think Luna did during her time on the moon? I think she met aliens o.O

She teleported back to equestria and disguised herself as a pony

then amused herself with spilling stuff on Celelstia's throne

Seriously, given her behavior in episode 30, Luna Eclipsed, I'd have to question how  much awareness she had of events on EQ.  You also have to take into account things like "How big is the EQ moon?",  "What are conditions like?", & "How well can alicorns survive in a hostile environment?"

IMO, the whole EQ solar system is very "ancient Earth".  That is, the moon & the sun are fairly small (Aristotle believed the sun to be a red hot ball of rock 40 miles in diameter & (IIRC) 200 miles away).  Plus, it is definitely geocentric (Earth is center of universe) & possibly the world is flat.  In the ancient view air extended to infinity (no such thing as vacuum) & so it would be possible to live on the moon.

IDK if Luna had to be in stasis to survive, but you have to ask "If she was going to be in stasis, why not just turn her into stone & be done w it?"

• Brohoof 1

To be fair, the author of the Nightmare Rarity arc and NMM's 'Fiendship is magic' comic has been... controversial. I personally don't consider those canons apart of my canon.

I think all implications given about Luna's banishment have been in the show has been that she was sealed IN the moon.