Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think Luna/NightmareMoon did on the moon?

iDashingRainbow

Ignoring the comics, part of me always liked the idea of some form of suspended consciousness until the 1000 years was up, so my answer is sleeping.  

• Brohoof 14

Well, it would be somewhat strange to me if she was awake & active on the moon with that dark Nightmare Moon face on the moon. That kind of symbolizes, to me, that not only was she banished to the moon, she was essentially bonded and bound to/into the moon. In other words; she became part of it for that span of time.

So yeah; I go with the vote of unconscious.

img-3561915-1-post-25645-0-07989400-1420

...In all seriousness I don't think she was conscious when she was on the Moon.

This would be my second choice. :D

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Depends if you include the comics. For example, the last one I read, the Friends Forever #14, mentions that Luna is conscious of a dream Twilight experiences since she's a filly.

Maybe she was aware of others' dreams when she was on the moon without being conscious, but I'm pretty sure other comics talked about her playing chess on the moon anyway :ooh: .

Edited by ConcorDisparate

Played chess because it says so in the comics and the comics are canon and no one can tell me diffrent! YOU HEAR THAT BIG JIM!!!

Training, ploting, planning, forging spells in blood, keeping the anger of vengeance (or as I call it retribution) up, and likely thinking of any force that can get in her way, be glad you don't have to face her judgement fully. Although she has shown to be mostly brute force and less tactical for a princess so there wasn't much planning or plotting shown.

She may not have been the stongest equestria ever fought against, but she still is a dangerous and all that time on the moon may have given her strength beyond the reaches of a high class unicorn.

Edited by Decanus Nexus

Is she getting a phone call from Derpy? to the left of the soda is a PSVita, and to the left is a Phone, and she's being called by someone with a muffin picture...  :derp:

WOAH! I think you are on to something!

I cropped the phone outta the picture, and enlarged it by 2 x

Derpy_Call.png

Looks like being a Princess, even in exile, has it's perks. :muffins:

In answer to the op's question,

I've always pictured something along these lines...

BlueHappyAlicorns.gif

Gotta assume that she went a little wacky, being alone for so long... :lol:

• Brohoof 2

I think she did what everyone who has to sit bored at a computer desk with no wi-fi in their boring as hay job does: Play Solitaire for the umpteenth billionth-ed time! (Or if your feeling adventurous; Spider Solitaire!)

"Thou is pleaseth'd with this opening bout!"

img-3565240-1-769732__safe_princess%20lu

Edited by Dark Horse Brony

WOAH! I think you are on to something!

I cropped the phone outta the picture, and enlarged it by 2 x

img-3565218-1-Derpy_Call.png

Looks like being a Princess, even in exile, has it's perks. :muffins:

In answer to the op's question,

I've always pictured something along these lines...

img-3565218-2-BlueHappyAlicorns.gif

Gotta assume that she went a little wacky, being alone for so long... :lol:

It even looks like it says call from derpy! Not a single detail can get past this Problem Sleuth!

To keep Nightmare Moon's powers imprisoned, I assume that she was asleep the whole time. It's the most logical answer, considering that her powers are sealed when she's inside the moon and all.

Edited by Odyssey
  • Brohoof 2

She probably just sat their and sulked as her heart slowly began to sink into darkness as the desire to get revenge upon her sister grew more and more intense by the day. :blink:  

At least that would be my hunch considering how she came back as the dreaded "Nightmare Moon". Though is season 4 we learned that she was already on the path to darkness sometime before she got banished, which is why she got herself banished in the first place. :P

I always felt like her soul was trapped there, rather than actually being there consciously for a thousand years. So, those 1000 years went by in a heartbeat for her, but she still could feel that she hasn't been around for all those years.

Hmmm.... Search for air maybe?

Psychological damage, reading books i dont know. What i would do is just... Walk, enjoying the view, count stars.

Or she could have build a castle made of moon rocks Lol

Well, in the comedy fanfic, Hell of a Time, Luna had a banishment kit, so i'm going with going to the bathroom, playing with a beachball and playing the harmonica. (horribly)

She probably cried, slept, and had revengeful thoughts.

Just chilled, watched the game, had a bud

LOL!! Good one. I know what you're referencing. And not only that, she said Wassup! to Princess Celestia when she returned.
  • Brohoof 1

So what do you think Luna did during her time on the moon? I think she met aliens o.O

Luna was gone. I would assume that for the entirety of Nightmare Moon's existence and her subsequent banishment, Luna was essentially in an extended coma.