Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Odd Tech Issues

GreySentinel
Go to solution Solved by Jeric,

I'm going to keep this short, since this is my third attempt at writing this question (First time attempt was destroyed by a hacker's failed,  but still frustrating attempt to break into my desktop. I RECENTLY fixed the thing with my father too. Second attempt ended immediately due to a Windows function that I've now sworn war towards.)

Is it a known occurrence to have your posts sometimes doubling once or twice, potentially giving others the impression that you're  making spam posts? I've attempted to delete these posts, but they remain there, regardless of every attempt. I don't understand why I can't delete them.

Also, what is the maximum defined amount or character limit in a post ? (This has caused me enough frustration. to actually inspire me to satirize this, to reduce this anger.)

Lastly, how do I ensure or guarantee that ctrl+w does not screw me over, anymore? (go away. There's a red x at the top of the screen meant for this task instead of you, you moron.)

Is it a known occurrence to have your posts sometimes doubling once or twice, potentially giving others the impression that you're  making spam posts? I've attempted to delete these posts, but they remain there, regardless of every attempt. I don't understand why I can't delete them.

This is the result of slow internet. When you press Post multiple times and you suffer from lag,the action will be repeated a definited number of times,based on how many times did you pressed the Post button.

Also, what is the maximum defined amount or character limit in a post ? (This has caused me enough frustration. to actually inspire me to satirize this, to reduce this anger.)

I never heard of a maximum character limit on MLPForums. I saw posts scratching the 60.000 characters and they could still be edited to have more content without any warning of a character limit.

It does exist a minimum character limit,which is 20 on many sections of the forum(Canterlot Castle,Sugarcube Corner,etc...) and 50 on the Welcoming Plaza,and on the forum games there's no minimum character limit.

Lastly, how do I ensure or guarantee that ctrl+w does not screw me over, anymore? (go away. There's a red x at the top of the screen meant for this task instead of you, you moron.)

MLPForums has a built-in function that allows the auto saving of a post each 5 minutes(more or less)

cvqtrYe.png

Also,you can always write your post and go copying it to have it saved if the worst were to happen,or you could even use an external text editor(Microsoft Word,per example) to be even more safe.

This should've answered all your questions. c:

Edited by Lightwing
  • Brohoof 1

Members do not have the ability to delete topics. On occasion due to slow client side or server side issues a dupe post or topic is created. If reported or seen a member of staff will simply hide it. If this happens to you just report the duplicate topic/post and we will hide it for you. 

How large of a post in character/word count are we talking about here? There would be a limitation on the database (this is normal and always done as a security protection) but it isn't one members would normally have to worry about. Any server limitations are not publicized for obvious reasons. One other item, copying from another source may be the cause of this as well ... CKEditor (the text editor that PIB uses) does not like markup found in Word or even Google Docs. I've seen and experienced my share of issues with this. 

Oustide of the auto save function (which does not work on fixing mistakes when hitting the back button) I would offer the suggestion of Lazarus: Form Recovery. :)

• Brohoof 3

Thanks for the helpful answers, you two! I appreciate it!

@Lightwing:

Is it silly of me to say that, because of the posture of the pony in your forum avatar picture,  that it was too cute NOT to imagine that THEY were giving the answers that you posted? Just a goofy observation that I made.

Thanks, for clearing things up, though!

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

Since the OP is satisfied, and the thread is getting on in days, I'm going to lock this down.

If you have any further questions, feel free to open a new thread, thanks! :muffins: