Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Homework Help Thread

Why-Gnome-Ear-Fifty

OK, so this time I believe I've used the search bar thoroughly and made sure that there isn't a thread like this already. If there is, shame on me. :(

Seeing as most of the people on this thread seem to be high school students (according to poll, amirite?) I thought it would be useful for people to ask homework questions on here. Especially because I often times find myself doing homework and searching for answers....while also with the MLPforums tab open.

Hopefully enough people participate such that questions can be answered quickly!

• Brohoof 1

What I've typically done in other places is to type it out as I would into WolframAlpha: Ex. 1/4+1/2, (x+16)/43, (sin(2x))/(sqrt(x^2))

God, that's painful to read XD

Unfortunately, it's probably what we'll have to resort to, since there isn't a MathType equivelent on the forums...

(edited)

wouldn't people see that as division though?

Depends on the problem. If the solution is this: 1 1/2 then you know its a fraction.

Plus, that what fractions are, division.

Edited by RaccoonBL

(edited)

Aren't fractions division? Or am I missing something?

Edit: and Raccoon just edited to say the same thing.

Edited by Randomiser

Depends on the problem. If the solution is this: 1 1/2 then you know its a fraction.

Plus, that what fractions are, division.

Yeah, but what I mean is that if a problem is supposed to have a fraction solution, you can't use a decimal in its place.

Yeah, but what I mean is that if a problem is supposed to have a fraction solution, you can't use a decimal in its place.

You could always just do improper fractions, and have them simplify it?

I'm pretty sure if someone explains it, they will understand.

(edited)

We can worry about that once we get there, but for now, why are we getting so fussed up over this? We'll wing it when somepony needs math help XD

Edited by Aureity

(edited)

Technically fractions and division are the same thing.

EDIT: Never mind, that was already dealt with. :mellow:

Edited by letterONE

Meh, I'll get us started. This one is a chemistry problem. (regular level, not AP, I'm not good enough for AP yet >.<)

An excess of zinc added to 800mL of a hydrochloric acid solution evolves 1.21 Liters of hydrogen gas measured over water at 21 degrees Celcius and 747.5 mmHg. What is the molarity of the acid?

This chemistry problem should be easy for me, but my brain isn't working today...>.<

Meh, I'll get us started. This one is a chemistry problem. (regular level, not AP, I'm not good enough for AP yet >.<)

An excess of zinc added to 800mL of a hydrochloric acid solution evolves 1.21 Liters of hydrogen gas measured over water at 21 degrees Celcius and 747.5 mmHg. What is the molarity of the acid?

This chemistry problem should be easy for me, but my brain isn't working today...>.<

I know absolutely nothing about chem, but googling questions tends to yield results.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100201202542AAfbIkv

I don't know what in the world they're even saying (in biology, lol XD) but I hope that second answer makes sense! :D

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

50.68 M

((.984 atm)(1.21 L))/(294.15 K)n = .082057 atm*L/mol*K

n = 20.271 mol H2

The conversion is 2:1, so I won't do that out.

40.542 mol HCl / .8 L = 50.68 M

Disregard this

Edited by Mr. Wobbels

(edited)

50.68 M

((.984 atm)(1.21 L))/(294.15 K)n = .082057 atm*L/mol*K

n = 20.271 mol H2

The conversion is 2:1, so I won't do that out.

40.542 mol HCl / .8 L = 50.68 M

50 Molarity? Dear god, that's concentrated...

Thank you for the help :)

Edit: It seems I need to refresh on stoichiometry...>___> Back to review, then >.<

Edited by Aureity

50 Molarity? Dear god, that's concentrated...

Thank you for the help :)

Edit: It seems I need to refresh on stoichiometry...>___> Back to review, then >.<

That's what I was thinking.