spoiler Season 5 Episode 6 Title and Synopsis

Marimo

http://affiliate.zap2it.com/tv/my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic/EP013304160106

MLP 506 – Appleoosa’s Most Wanted

Infamous outlaw Troubleshoes Clyde returns to terrorize the Appleoosa rodeo and the Cutie Mark Crusaders set out to bring him to justice and finally get their cutie marks.

Air Date: May 2nd 2015

Looks like we're heading back to AAAAAAAAppleoosa!

EDIT: The synopsis says that the Cutie Mark Crusaders "SET OUT" to bring him to justice and get their cutie marks. The synopsis does not say that they actually will get their cutie marks.

Edited by Marimo
  • Brohoof 3

Inb4 people saying they'll get their cutie marks.

What I'm more interested in is if Braeburn will return?

wat ._.

Also I hope Braeburn and Little Strongheart make an appearance 

Why wouldn't at least Braeburn be there, seeing as how he's Apple Bloom's cousin and the most likely reason for why they would visit Appleoosa in the first place?

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Wait, they get their cutie marks and they didn't spoiler it?   Is Inb4 trolling us?!?

It's not that they're actually going to get their cutie marks. They're setting out because they believe catching Clyde will get them their cutie marks. They could still ultimately fail doing the latter even if they accomplish the former.

Edited by Marimo
  • Brohoof 3

I highly doubt the CMC's get their cutie marks in this episode considering all the building up they're doing with Cutie Marks this season. A season finale would be more appropriate. What concerns me is more of that it's another 'CMC's try to find their Cutie Marks' episode. The previous CMC episodes worked best moving away from that theme. This time they're facing a dangerous outlaw and hoping to cross off bounty hunting as their cutie mark.

I'm hoping Braeburn and Little Strong Heart show up in this episode, and the episode tone is a very funny one as the idea of children trying to catch a deadly criminal is not going ring well with many folks.

You know guys, the CMC as characters exist to teach a valuable moral. A moral that, as a fandom, most of us don't seem to be getting. That particular moral being, "Patience is a virtue".

• Brohoof 1

Well then, this sounds awesome....Also no need to freak out guys, I highly doubt they'll get their cutie marks, although they certainly seem to be going back to the old CMC formula, not sure if that's a good or a bad thing... 

• Brohoof 3

Well then, this sounds awesome....Also no need to freak out guys, I highly doubt they'll get their cutie marks, although they certainly seem to be going back to the old CMC formula, not sure if that's a good or a bad thing... 

Yeah, it's been a while since they were involved in some crussading. If I remember well, last time they even mentioned their crussading, was in Flight to the Finish, an early S4 episode, and that was it, a mere mention at the end of the episode, the rest of the season, they practically dropped their crussading entirely. 

I expect them to get their cutie marks this season, but not in that episode 

• Brohoof 1

They... They get their cutie marks!?

FINALLY!

No, it just says that they set out to stop the bad guy and get their cutie marks, not that they actually do. They wouldn't spoil that actually happening in the synopsis.

This synopsis reminds me of that comic where the CMC is standing next to a convicted serial killer, and Scootaloo asks him about his tally mark cutie mark. It's a fairly new comic, but I can't remember the name of it.

The synopsis says that the Cutie Mark Crusaders "SET OUT" to bring him to justice and get their cutie marks. The synopsis does not say that they actually will get their cutie marks.

This is also a confusion over at Equestria Daily. Besides even if they were to get their cutie marks, I think it is too early into the season.

Wait a minute!  Wasn't episode 4 confirmed to be an Apple Bloom (and possibly Luna) episode as well?  It was!

So this means we get 2 CMC episodes within really close proximity of each other.  I don't recall CMC episodes being this close together in the previous 4 seasons.  Maybe the season is going to set them up to be a little bit more important this time around, finally culminating in them finally getting their cutie marks.  Hey it could happen.

Also I hope this fixes my main problem with season 4 in which the entirety of the mane 6 appeared/ were shoe-horned too much (into many episodes some didn't even need to be in) as in the CMC episodes we can finally get a break from that nonsense.

But cool we get to see Aaaaaaaaapplelooza again. I hope we get to see Braeburn again as I was a little bit disappointed he didn't speak or even do anything really in Apple Family Reunion.

Edited by cmarston1

I don't recall CMC episodes being this close together in the previous 4 seasons.

Season 2: The fifth episode was Sisterhooves Social, the sixth episode was Cutie Pox.

Season 3: The fourth episode was One Bad Seed, the sixth episode was Sleepless in Ponyville.

Ten bits says that Troubleshoes Clyde isn't as "infamous" as his reputation's been led to believe and the CMC end up befriending him one way or another. Well...that or they end up annoying him to the point he turns himself in just to be rid of them.  

This synopsis reminds me of that comic where the CMC is standing next to a convicted serial killer, and Scootaloo asks him about his tally mark cutie mark. It's a fairly new comic, but I can't remember the name of it.

Here ya go!

Edited by PoisonClaw

Ten bits says that Troubleshoes Clyde isn't as "infamous" as his reputation's been led to believe and the CMC end up befriending him one way or another. Well...that or they end up annoying him to the point he turns himself in just to be rid of them.  
That sounds like the Songebob episode Spongebob Meets the Strangler.
  • Brohoof 2

I personally think it's a good thing, and the way they seem to be handling the characters has, so far, been really smart. I really like that the show deviated heavily from the crusading theme in Season 4, as I think it prevented the writers from being complacent and the CMC from being too one-note. I like how it took the time to show that they could do more with them, allow them to have some character development, and perhaps more importantly, individual development, since they all had an episode where one of them took the main focus ahead of the other two. In my opinion, it was a smart move, but with their main story arc still unfinished, and with this season's cutie mark based theme, I think it is time to go back there.

• Brohoof 2

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like the CMC won't be getting their marks for catching Troubleshoes Clyde, but....I don't think they would get their cutie marks that soon NOT until the 2017 movie...But my predictions could be right.