Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Season 2: Your Favorite and Least Favorite Episode

Radiance64

My favorite episode from this season would have to be "Lesson Zero"; it was just such a fantastically hilarious episode!

My least favorite, although still fun, would have to be "MMMystery on the Friendship Express," simply because it didn't leave that much of an impression, and was also, for me at least, oddly paced.

(edited)

Favorite:

Canterlot Wedding parts 1 and 2, with Lesson Zero being a close second. It was just such a fantastic end to the season, I've basically been rewatching them endlessly and I just really love the episodes. As for Lesson Zero, the episode was so incredibly masterful in scenes, jokes and general execution, still is. Sweet and Elite is probably my third favorite(what can I say, Meghan McCarthy just knows how to please me. :wub: )

Least Favorite:

The Cutie Pox. Sure, it has some funny moments, but its predictability prevents it from being as enjoyable as other episodes in repeat viewings imo.

Changed answer is changed. B)

Edited by SBB64

• 5 weeks later...

- Sweet And Elite - I feel that this episode was a letdown to me. I only had a few chuckles throughout the entire episode because the episode was pretty stale with it being focused on Rarity, being all high and mighty with fancier ponies rather than being with the other five ponies. Not the episode I want to rewatch in the near future.

post-2257-0-95835800-1339827888.jpg

Favourite: Secret of my Excess. This episode is my favourite because I like Spike a lot and the Design for Adult Spike is super boss! Also the last two or so minutes are just perfect in my opinion.

Least Favourite: Ponyville Confidential, probably just 'cause I'm not the biggest fan of the Cutie Mark Crusaders.

(edited)

Favourite: I have a lot, but the top of the list has to be Hurricane Fluttershy. I liked it the most because 1. Fluttershy episodes are my favourites usually, 2. I can relate to most of the episode with many things, and I personally love it when I can relate to an episode.

Least favourite: Baby Cakes or Cutie Pox. They just seemed boring to me, they're the only episodes I haven't rewatched more than twice :/

Edited by RaiynSuarez

Favourite: I have a lot, but the top of the list has to be Hurricane Fluttershy. I liked it the most because 1. Fluttershy episodes are my favourites usually, 2. I can relate to most of the episode with many things, and I personally love it when I can relate to an episode.

Least favourite: Baby Cakes or Cutie Pox. They just seemed boring to me, they're the only episodes I haven't rewatched more than twice :/

You know you have a great show when someone can say "Yeah, those episodes were terrible. I only watched them twice!" :D
  • Brohoof 4

Favorite is Winter Wrap up. I don't really have a good reason why i liked it so much. I watched that when i was just starting to really get into the show. The episode just left me in a really good mood afterwards.

Secret of My Excess, was kind of boring. It had it's good moments, but it still kind strange. Baby cakes gets an honorable mention in this category, but doesn't win it because i liked how it ended.

My favorite episode of season 2 is either Lesson Zero or Poniville Confidential. Both episodes are excellent in my opinion and I think Poniville Confidential is the best CMC episode.

Least favorite was the Hearts and Hooves Day episode. It simply didn't sit well with me.

• 1 year later...

Favorite: Ponyville Confidential

I love this episode; it's funny, and it actually has a bit of a dark tone to it. 

Least Favorite: Baby Cakes

Eh, this episode was a bit boring to me, and Pumpkin Cake and Pound Cake were a bit annoying to me.

Season 2 had many amazing episodes, but also more than a few that I was underwhelmed by, so I will just list my top three favorites and least favorites. smile.png

Favorites in chronological order:

1. Lesson Zero - This episode is so zany and bizarre that it's unforgettable. But above all of the comedy gold, I would have to say my favorite thing about the episode is Spike, who proved once again that he's a really great character when he's supporting Twilight. The episode is an important one, because all of the ponies learned a tough lesson here, and I loved the idea of Celestia asking for Twilight's friends to write friendship letters.

2. The Last Roundup - Well, what did you expect me to say? It's an Applejack episode! This episode captured everything I love about the show - Great comedy, characters playing off of each other, action and adventure, and a very heartwarming lesson featuring the pony that was in dire need of some development. Throw in talking Derpy, a classic I Love Lucy reference, and a Wild West feel, and you've got one of my favorite episodes ever.

3. Hurricane Fluttershy - Quite possibly the best Fluttershy episode so far, and not only was Fluttershy at her peak of strength and likability, but Rainbow Dash finally showed more of that understanding and sensitive side that she was lacking almost all season. The episode had perfect progression, an interesting story concept, and lots of feelsy moments.The fact that they were able to bring water to Cloudsdale but not break the record made for a great ending.

Least favorites:

1. Luna Eclipsed - I know, I know, I'm gonna get flak for this one because it is a huge fan favorite, but honestly this episode just bored me. It's not bad, but the comedy is weak, most of Twilight's friends were either annoying, useless, or unlikable, and things just dragged on too long. Also, the severe lack of Rarity can hurt even the most promising of episodes. We desperately needed more fabulosity here.

2. Baby Cakes - Again, this is not a bad episode or anything, it's just boring. The first time I saw it I was underwhelmed, and any time I've tried to re-watch it I have found myself bored with the same baby comedy that I've seen dozens of times. It's a very cute, feel-good episode with a sweet ending, but it's not a thrill for me.

3. It's About Time - The time traveling plot is absolutely absurd. Some episodes that are over-the-top silly are a lot of fun, but this one crossed the border between fun and silly to just downright stupid. There's some fun references and a lot of great dialogue exchanges, but overall I was turned off by the utterly ridiculous nature of it.

Edited by Sugar Cube
  • Brohoof 1

Hmm. I'm currently rewatching season 3, and there's only so many season 2 episodes I've seen more than once, so my inclination to post my thoughts on episodes from season 2 isn't very strong at the moment. Nevertheless, I'll post my favorite and least favorite episode as of now...

Favorite: Lesson Zero. While I understand why some people don't like this one and find it to be vastly overrated, I personally can't find anything to not enjoy about it. And yeah, I think I've expressed my "Insane Twilight FTW!" opinion enough times.

Least Favorite: Tie between Family Appreciation Day and Dragon Quest. I didn't like the premise of FAD, and it bored me to tears midway through. Dragon Quest started off strong, but lost its luster when the teenage dragons came into the picture. I'll agree that both episodes had their fun moments, but I just can't grow to really like either of them as a whole.

Don't really have anything else to say, other than that I actually liked The Mysterious Mare Do Well.

My most favourite is Hurricane Fluttershy, here is where we see the complex and close relationship between Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy, as much as Rainbow wanted to show off, she traded it off in order to rally Fluttershy to help out and fine her inter strength.

My least favourite is Luna Eclipsed, visually it looks splendid, the background and scenery was over the top yet amazing, but Princess Luna had a vastly different design from episode two, and the plot holes in this episode are gaping. 

Favorites:

1. Ponyville Confidential.  I hadn't really liked the CMC much before, but this one just entertained me to no end.  I loved the journalism story, and the high level of dramatization over something so small.

2. A Canterlot Wedding.  The episode managed to bring in two new characters and make me care about them in 40 minutes.  The wedding was beautiful, the fight sequence was awesome, and This Day Aria is among the show's best songs.

3. The Return of Harmony.  Discord is my favorite MLP villin and I like the mix of adventure and strong character moments based on everything we'd seen in the first season.

Least Favorites:

1. Lesson Zero.  I found insane Twilight really over the top and dumb, and just couldn't connect to her problem to the massive amount the show needed me to, despite having a touch of OCD myself.

2. It's About Time.  Twilight seems way more like an airhead than usual in her conversation with Future Twilight, it's a bit of a bland way to do a time travel story, and a weird way to do the 'Twilight needs to stop worrying so much' story.  Also, according to The Crystal Empire, it didn't work.

3. Luna Eclipsed.  Luna's redesign, the fact that we haven't seen what she's been up to this past year, the fact that this is the only episode where we really see her personality, and the fact that we don't know why she hasn't been assimilated into modern society makes this the only episode I would call confusing.

• Brohoof 1

Favorite - Hurricane Fluttershy, so much feels for Fluttershy, so much Rainbow Dash being awesome, it's hard for me not to like it

Runners Up: Lesson Zero, Last Round-Up, Sweet and Elite, Sisterhooves Social

Least Favorite - Mysterious Mare Do Well, 0/10 burn it with fire

Runners Up: Mmmystery of the Friendship Express, Hearth's Warming Eve, Family Appreciation Day, Luna Eclipse(I'm dead serious)

• Brohoof 1

My favorite episode of season 2 would have to be, Baby Cakes. It was such a cute and unique. It introduced 2 characters in a great way and was super fun to watch.

My least favorite episode of S2 would be MMMystery on the friendship express. This was just a poor episode. Pinkie Pie jumping to conclusions was a poor idea for a lesson and every character was way out of character in this episode. RD, FS, and Rarity were just bad.

Favorite: Hurricane Fluttershy. Creative plot, unforgettable glimpse into Fluttershy's mind and past. Most inspiring ending of the season. smile.png

Runners-up: Read It and Weep, A Friend In Deed, The Last Roundup

Least favorite: Mare Do Well. Unoriginal idea, poor execution, ponies out of character.

Runners-up: Lesson Zero, Baby Cakes

Edited by TailsIsNotAlone

I think season 2 had some really great episodes but the one I loved the most was Luna Eclipsed. As I read the previous posts I was quite surprised, a lot of fans put it in the least fav episodes. 

The Mysterious Mare Do Well and MMMystery on the Friendship Express were also really great episodes in my opinion.

Don't really have a least favorite one.

Well, let's see here...

Favorite:

sisterless__fim_title_cards_series_by_jo

Least Favorite:

thou_speak_of_fun_fim_title_cards_series

I dislike Luna and this episode overall was pretty boring and unfunny to me. I'm not a fan of Halloween either..

Edited by WheatleyCore

Favourites:

Lesson zero - I believe this is one of the funniest episodes of the whole show and in a way, I can kind of relate to Twilight since I get in a bit of a panic when deadlines approach and there isn't much time left to finish what I am doing.

Hearts and hooves day - Perfect stallion is one of my ten favourite FIM songs and the dialogue in this episode never fails to make me laugh such as the baby talk and Sweetie Belle's "Oh, Come on!"

Secret of my excess - I found the dragon greed to be a pretty interesting concept and I hope they explore it further in a future episode. This episode also contains some of my favourites moments including Pinkie's cake assault and Spike refusing to clean his cheek.

Least favourites:

Ponyville Confidential - I didn't really find this episode funny and I disliked how the crusaders were shunned by the adults despite the fact that the adults loved the Gabby Gums stories and wanted more. I might have liked the episode more if the adults learnt a lesson about hypocrisy.

Putting your hoof down - The first part at the market felt like it dragged on with the "Fluttershy is a doormat" thing and I especially hated how Fluttershy treated Pinkie Pie and Rarity even though they were the ones who wanted to help her.

The last roundup - Although I don't hate this episode as much, it is still one I do not enjoy as I disliked the portrayal of Applejack and how dishonest she was being. It seems like the only reason this episode is popular is because of Derpy.

Hm..thats pretty hard...

I was going to say Lesson Zero for my least favorite, but taking a closer look at it, I kind of like it.

Or I could say MMMystery on The Friendship express, but it's not the worst. And The Mysterious Mare Do-Well really shows how Rainbow Dash gets less (cocky?) self-centered(?) throughout the season. Hm, I didn't really like Too Many Pinkie Pies.. The Nightmare Moon Arc is bad too.. So i'll just start with the one I liked the most.

I liked Suited For Success, Green isn't Your Color and Putting Your Hoof Down a lot...

But I think it's safe to say that The Best Night Ever was my favorite. The songs were catchy, the story was great, and it's the perfect grand finale I had been waiting for ever since Suited For Success-a twelve episode wait.

The worst one was Too Many Pinkie Pies. It shows some unseen dimension to Pinkie's character that we hadn't seen before, but it just didn't stand out for me. But hey, for the worst episode in the series, it was pretty good!

P.s: 

Lesson Zero seems to be a fan favorite. Why? I mean, it was okay, but it didn't really stand out to me, and I don't really consider it for best episode. I'll go re-watch it now, but hey, opinions, opinions. 

Edited by Midnight Gaze

Favorite:

Return of Harmony 1&2- FREAKING DISCORD, THAT'S WHY! NEED I SAY MORE? No, but seriously, it was just so awesome, it has to be my favorite of S2, and the reason why S2 is my favorite season. :D

Least Favorite:

Secret to my Excess- I never feel like watching this episode. I ship Spike/AJ anyway, so it's not that high on my list. At all. Plus, they did the whole greed thing well, but it was just really, really cliché. dry.png

• Brohoof 1

• 3 years later...
(edited)

Now that I've finally seen the whole season...

Favorite: Lesson Zero: Simply a brilliant episode. Neurotic Twilight is hilarious and creepy at the same time (a bit like sad Pinkie in "Party of One"), and I must say I can understand her. The Smarty Pants scene was really funny, and I loved the apparent nod to bronies.

I might as well give a few honorable mentions as there were so many great episodes: The Return of Harmony, The Cutie Pox, The Super Speedy Cider Squeezy 6000, Hearts and Hooves Day, A Friend in Deed

Least favorite: Hearth's Warming Eve: Not really a bad episode by any means, but somehow it left me cold – it had few standout moments (either comedic or dramatic) for me. It was also rather weird to see the ponies play someone else for most of the episode. I liked the Exodus-esque music, though.

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 1