Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Have you ever accidentally believed ponies were real?

backpon

Once upon a blue moon I remember that Mlp is just a kids cartoon and that none of it is real. :blink: And then I'm struck by the thought 'why do i believe this?' I realize it might be because I read so much fanfiction (good stuff too) Have you fine people ever felt this? what was it like for you? I am now going to retreat back to that fantasy. :wub:

• Brohoof 2

But ponies are real! :o

320px-Gracie-rhs2005.jpg

No, but seriously, be sure to make fandom-related threads in Sugarcube Corner. General Discussion is more for real-life stuff!

• Brohoof 7

Once upon a blue moon I remember that Mlp is just a kids cartoon and that none of it is real. :blink: And then I'm struck by the thought 'why do i believe this?' I realize it might be because I read so much fanfiction (good stuff too) Have you fine people ever felt this? what was it like for you? I am now going to retreat back to that fantasy. :wub:

If ponies are real... then leprechauns are also real.

Maybe they do exist... somewhere else at least. Maybe, the ponies exist in some other universe or something.... you know the multiverse.

Though if that's true, then pretty much else exists, including the Reapers from Mass Effect, the Combine from Half Life and many other nasties. 

Edited by Bendy
  • Brohoof 3

you believe mlp ponies are real for the same reason I fly in lucid dreams. one does not think, "I am dreaming; I'd better wake up," because flight is more fun. likewise, why would one believe in a stark, nonmagical reality, when a multiverse is more fun?

• Brohoof 2

not often, but sometimes after waking up from dreams, I remain an a state of some confusion, somehow believing the narrative of the dream to have actually taken place... sometimes even for several minutes after I wake.

MLP is no exception to this, and My mind slowly goes from "this just happened to me" to "wait...was that all a dream? Nah, it couldn't have been, I remember it happening!" to "Wait.... I remember it happening before I woke up.... I think it was a dream..." and finally to "I can't believe I didn't know that was a dream"

So yes, on rare occasions I forget that MLP is just a cartoon, but I forget many other things about reality as well in those situations... and MLP is one of the more sane beliefs I've had in that delirious state XD I remember that the last time it happened (which was just a few days ago), I woke up believing that I was part cat (I have incredibly weird dreams).

• Brohoof 2

Ponies are real. MLP ponies, are real to me (with a sliver of sanity in my mind left to believe they really aren't). It makes me happy to see MLP merch in the stores and when I see a character I'm like "<insert name here> OMGOMGOMG!" That's usually on my shopping list, making sure to check for ponies. :comeatus:

• Brohoof 4

I have sometimes imagined the MLP world real, but logic has always kicked my head and told me not to be stupid..... yeah  :P

Edited by JonasDarkmane
  • Brohoof 2

I've never accidentally believed MLP was real...

I've always been very deliberate in believing it was real!

I'm an occultist of the "Chaos Magic" persuasion (more info for those who don't know about that here), and I therefore affirm that belief is a tool for achieving effects. With apologies to any Christian bronies (and allow me to state that I respect the Christian faith and indeed find much value in the Catholicism I was raised in), it is my contention that if one can speak of "a personal relationship with Jesus Christ," it's no less possible to speak of "a personal relationship with Rainbow Dash."

I imagine ponies. I interact with them and they interact with me, sometimes through the same imagination by which writers create their characters (how many times have we read about a novelist finding that his or her characters start taking on "a life of their own?"), sometimes through symbolic occurrences in my environment. If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. As far as my reality is concerned, if it looks like a pony, walks like a pony, and talks like a pony, it's definitely a real MLP:FiM pony.

Sure, it can be really hard to sustain this kind of imagination, especially if you try to keep it up it constantly. But I still think, if one accepts my premises, that this proof of the existence of ponies is a cause for rejoicing!

Edited by Eddie Canter
  • Brohoof 3

Growing up and remembering the original MLP on T.V. I've always known that they were fictitious characters. Heck I don't even remember what the original MLP show/movie was like. 

If ponies are real... then leprechauns are also real.

Maybe they do exist... somewhere else at least. Maybe, the ponies exist in some other universe or something.... you know the multiverse.

Though if that's true, then pretty much else exists, including the Reapers from Mass Effect, the Combine from Half Life and many other nasties. 

^THIS, but unless we finaly discover it, I'll just assume they don't

Ponies are real, though! I saw Applejack just recently! Her eyes weren't green, she didn't have apples as her cutie mark, she wasn't wearing a hat, and she wasn't talking, but I saw her!

Wait... that was a real life pony. 

I may have thought ponies where real before, but they aren't real in our world.

I haven't, but I think I understand what you're talking about. It happens to my partner with his videogames sometimes. It's not that you really believe they're real, you just have these occasional thoughts like they are, followed a split-second later by "wait, wut?"  :blink:

I believe these count as "intrusive thoughts", things that flash through your mind despite yourself. I'm guessing most peoples' aren't about My Little Pony, but everyone has intrusive thoughts. They're perfectly normal  :catface:

• Brohoof 1

I haven't, but I think I understand what you're talking about. It happens to my partner with his videogames sometimes. It's not that you really believe they're real, you just have these occasional thoughts like they are, followed a split-second later by "wait, wut?"  :blink:

I believe these count as "intrusive thoughts", things that flash through your mind despite yourself. I'm guessing most peoples' aren't about My Little Pony, but everyone has intrusive thoughts. They're perfectly normal  :catface:

Yeah its all I can do to not act on those thoughts, I'm crazy  enough as is :blink:  P.S. Does anyone read my original post? i keep getting people saying Ponies are real when I refered only to mlp

• Brohoof 1