Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What will the MLP fandom do after the show ends?

Knight Hadron

When the show ends, each and every brony and pegasister on Earth will shed their corporeal bodies, and our souls will become one, and in so doing we will summon the Omega Pony, the ultimate lifeform.  She will absorb our souls and join them with the Lifestream, where they will embark on a fantastic journey across the sea of stars, to be reborn on a distant world, a brony utopia.  And when the Omega Pony has completed her task, she will sing her Soulsong, cleansing the Earth of its impure, non-brony souls.  She will release them, to be ubsorbed by the Chaos forever.  When it is over, the Earth will be nothing more than a cracked, empty shell, destined to die silently in the limitless void of space.

• Brohoof 2

When the show ends, each and every brony and pegasister on Earth will shed their corporeal bodies, and our souls will become one, and in so doing we will summon the Omega Pony, the ultimate lifeform.  She will absorb our souls and join them with the Lifestream, where they will embark on a fantastic journey across the sea of stars, to be reborn on a distant world, a brony utopia.  And when the Omega Pony has completed her task, she will sing her Soulsong, cleansing the Earth of its impure, non-brony souls.  She will release them, to be ubsorbed by the Chaos forever.  When it is over, the Earth will be nothing more than a cracked, empty shell, destined to die silently in the limitless void of space.

Or, maybe the Earth will transform into Equestria and each brony would reincarnate into a pony/griffin/whatever-his/her-favorite-species-in-the-series-is...

Edited by Rocket Punk
  • Brohoof 1

There's an even better example; Battlestar Galactica.

The original show was broadcast in 1978 and canceled after one season; even though it had high ratings. The reimagined series came about in 2003-2004, I think. Between the two (not counting Galactics 1980) the fandom survived, and in some cases still thrived; even when there was no show to support it.

Granted there were a couple of revival projects that didn't go anywhere, but still; the BSG fandom was still there AND active.

I have a feeling bronies will be the same. :)

same does as me. they will survive for long time

I hate to dwell on the "what will happen when-"

It's all about now that counts right.

However I can see that the community would thin out and become more slow over time after the shows end. But the spark will always be there and it wouldn't take too much to ignite it again ^-^

• Brohoof 1

Bronies are too huge to dissapear like that. I'm sure we'll remain for many generations after FiM is over. I mean, we still have classic Dr. Who fans around today, and in the same way, I feel FiM has made its mare and will be just as timeless.

The fandom will be around long after the show ends, the community will continue to discuss on forums like these, you can see this with other fandoms of series' that have long since ended.

Maybe G5 will get a following. But since I'm big into cartoons in general I would probably just go back to watching a variety of different cartoons. There is a project I want to work on, a Youtube Poop Movie crossover with MLP and Keldeo. I'm hoping to complete it by the 10th anniversary of the show and I want to do it after the 2017 movie to incorporate some ideas. I haven't done a lot of MLP projects but that one will probably be my swan song MLP project like my final MLP project ever (That I have planned of course).

As much as I don't like to think about this, I know that eventually, Friendship is Magic will have to come to an end (I just hope that it'll get the sendoff it deserves.)

As for what fate will befall the fandom after the show's end. I imagine that our fandom will still be rather strong. I say this because of the massive amount of fan art that our fandom produces (Images, Animations, Music, etc)

I honestly doubt that this fandom will die off. It'll most likely just go dormant until either a spin-off is made, or Generation 5 is announced.

The fandom is big enough to carry on beyond the show's ending but it will end eventually. You will start to see a decline in how much fan-made content is being made, this forum wont be that active anymore, there will be less cosplayers and so on.

However I reckon we can last at the very least a good 3-4 years before the fandom truly starts to die, only because of the fan-made content.

What happens to any fandom after it's show (or other) is discontinued? It'll stick around for as long as there's interest. When I look around, I see a lot of interest.

The fans will stick around and do some stuff but it will be minor. Like no more millions of people going to a convention anymore. Just a few shmucks sticking it out online in some dark corner or Reddit or 4Chan.

• Brohoof 1

I guess that the RP will take over.This is also like many other shows/movies/book series.

For Example;

Harry Potter

Percy Jackson 

The Heroes of Olympus

These are the ones I can think of on the to of my head 

This thing spooks me a little, Considering the fact that The brony fandom has the most wonderful people in existence, And it along with the show changed apart of my life and personality and I'm thankful for it, It would be super sad to see the fandom and show go away after all these years of fun, Much like when Robot Wars ended, That show was a pure classic to my childhood, There still going it's just not broadcasted however there trying to bring it back, However even with the great flipper robots, The live shows are nowhere as great as what it once was, Much like Roblox with its community and updates, What I'm about to say is my opinion, what I'm about to say may not be likely to happen in your mind, I think that to to some extent, And I believe one of these things might happen more then the other.

The show and fandom might go on if it was to end.

The show Either.

gets bought by Another company, But that might leave the show to its greatest demise with quality depending which company bought it.

Bronies make there own fan series just like Double Rainboom became a fan episode.

Or G5 starts.

The fandom Either.

Stays on float, Just like Star Wars and Star Trek.

Or They keep making fan videos to a strong extent that it doesn't die out.

Either that or one of them or both will die out, And that day will be horrifying to me, Knowing that all that I loved is gone, I imagine people saying something like "Oh remember when bronies were a thing? Yeah who's got time for that now?" Seeing people say such a thing will be a sad sight to see.

But hopefully we should be fine. (I hope)

I'm sure that the fandom will still be going strong.

Sure, some gans may decide to leave, but i'm sure that most of the fand will stay fans.