Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Would you die a little bit on the inside if....

Trine

(edited)

My Little Pony Friendship is Magic did a crossover with Care Bears. Basically a thought that came to my head.

Edited by Trine
  • Brohoof 3

Nope, they can crossover with whoever they want. :D
I mean heck, Steven Universe did a crossover with Uncle Grandpa (AND IT WAS AWESOME!)

I would probably cringe and facepalm in disappointment, since as far as I know there has not been any good TV show's or movies to come from the Care Bears license, at least not any time recently. The quality of FiM being right beside that would only make me cringe more.

• Brohoof 4

Heck no, its just a special, and

chances are it wouldnt even be

canon anyway.

We had a certain....special....

on cartoon network for goodness

sake!

What special. Did it have MLP?

I would probably cringe and facepalm in disappointment

Yes,  mlp-thinkie.png this crossover would be rather a strange one at that... but hey if they actually decided to do something like this who knows how it would turn out. Things have been rather taking be for surprise during these years. You never know something is good until you watch it/give it a chance first. But the whole idea of this sounds terrible.

• Brohoof 1

Considering Steven Universe and Uncle Grandpa had a crossover; I can live with a MLP/Care Bears crossover. ;)

I actually noticed the similarities just earlier today. Brightly colored cuddly animals with a mark that tells them who they are (in a sense). I've seen two Care Bear movies that my little siblings used to watch, but that's it, so I don't really know what it's like, but from what I've seen, Care Bears is a stereotypical kids show. My Little Pony, on the other hand, is a kids show on the surface, but they actually care about their audience. They assume some level of intelligence. (Keep in mind, this is from what I've seen. I can't accurately judge CB without having seen more of it, but since nopony who has seen it seems to contradict me, I feel rather safe in my assumptions here.) So the question is, would the crossover pull CB up to the quality of MLP, or would it pull MLP down to the quality of CB? The latter seems more likely. But I would have to watch it and find out.

• Brohoof 1

I don't think that's possible. I would not watch it if they did and I would no longer associate myself with the franchise either.

It doesn't seem like Hasbro was responsible for the abomination that was the care bears. Not sure who copied who though as the two are very similar.

if there is ever a crossover (forgive me for not knowing if there already is one, i'm a new brony and I'm only halfway through season 1) it would be within the Hasbro creations. most likely with littlest petshop or pound puppies.

Considering the fan base demographic, it should occur to them to work with their sunbow developments. I'd rather see a transformers and GI Joe crossover into MLP than any other kiddy girly stuff they produced.

maybe the beast wars transformers will find a home in ponyville because they don't really belong anywhere. maybe they can help stomp on the care bears when they try to invade equestria. or the power rangers.... they don't belong anyway either.....

• Brohoof 1

I loved Care Bears when I was little, although I have no idea what the show is like now, but as others have mentioned - nothing could be worse than the Steven Universe/Uncle Grandpa crossover :P It could at least be cute, and if it was bad I could just ignore it. I don't particularly want a crossover episode of MLP with anything, but if it happened, it wouldn't be the worst thing ever :kindness:

Nah, I wouldn't. If Steven Universe could pull off a pretty funny crossover with Uncle Grandpa, then I wouldn't be too fussed if MLP crossed with Care Bears, or anything owned by Hasbro for that matter. Besides which, Care Bears isn't that bad of a show. Well, at least the first cartoon. I haven't seen the newer ones yet. :P

I highly doubt that they'll crossover, however. I think if anything the closest we'll get to a crossover is probably MLP/Transformers.

• Brohoof 1