Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Would you rather die by fire or water?

Dashy 4 Ever

Would you rather die by fire or water?  

33 users have voted

1. 1. Would you rather die by fire or water?

• Fire
    • Water

Assuming we're talking a house fire, then fire because you'd be dead from smoke inhalation before you got burned to death, which I'd imagine is considerably less painful.

• Brohoof 1

I can't stand even the smallest burns. And I almost drowned once. Didn't inhale water though, so the experience wasn't "full", but I remember my mind going blank at some point, that's why I imagine it would be less painful than burning alive. So, water for me.

• Brohoof 1

I'd take drowning over burning alive. Back in 2013, I almost drowned at a beach when my family was on holiday. It was pretty painless from what I remember, so I'd take it. 

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

Cook me.

I would rather be burned alive than die by drowning. Drowning is an experience. You will aspirate water into your lungs that will result in a laryngospasm (vocal cords closing) to help protect your lungs but this will also prevent you from being able to properly call out for help as well as breathe. If you cannot breathe, you will succumb to hypoxia (lack of oxygen reaching the body’s tissues). With being burned, you will suffer through a hard minute of agony but it isn’t as much of a process compared to drowning from what i’ve read.

• Brohoof 2

I'd prefer water because with fire it's litteraly burning and melting you stimulating your nerves so you'd be in a lot more more pain however with water you'll just lose consciousness 

• Brohoof 2

I almost drowned once so water doesn't really sound too good to me. I'd go with fire if I could go by smoke inhalation rather than actually being on fire and burning to cinders. That would be intensely painful. Long story short, I'd rather inhale smoke than water but I'd rather drown than burn. 

Did I clarify anything or should I just shut up now? 

• Brohoof 1

Water is an easy choice for me here... I've heard drowning isn't even a particularly unpleasant way to die compared to many others. On the other hand, I can imagine burning alive being extremely painful and one of the absolute worst ways... :mlp_blink:

• Brohoof 4

• 3 months later...

That’s...an interesting question. I suppose whichever one is fastest...water I guess? :wacko:

On 1/6/2019 at 1:29 AM, Tacodidra said:

Water is an easy choice for me here... I've heard drowning isn't even a particularly unpleasant way to die compared to many others. On the other hand, I can imagine burning alive being extremely painful and one of the absolute worst ways... :mlp_blink:

Ditto

• Brohoof 2

I pick water.

I can swim good, but I got myself in a bad situation a few years back. I was at my family's cottage on a neighbors huge raft/platform thing and the wind blew my own little raft off of it. I decided to swim after it like an idiot.:muffins:  Well the wind stayed steady and I was getting exhausted. I now HAD to get to my raft. I then got this weird peaceful feeling that I should just stop swimming. I was like NOPE and got a sudden burst of energy from being spooked by this and caught the raft. It took over 3 minutes to catch my breath. I looked back at the shore and I was like "SHIT!"  I was now almost a quarter mile out. I had never been more exhausted in my life.

If I knew for sure that I was going to drown, I would hold my breath as long as possible because inhaling water is the worst part from what I've heard. I'm sure that's still better than fire

• 8 months later...

Pretty sure lots of people who have been burned alive (and died) would’ve probably preferred just drowning. Drowning it’s your lungs, burning.... it’s all of you. Not that a lot of fire deaths are directly by fire (smoke can kill quickly), but...

Can I choose both at the same time? I might actually survive as they cancel out each other? I am willing to take any chances when both are so horrible!