Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Before you became a brony

Ezynell

What did you think of MLP before you became a brony?  

117 users have voted

1. 1. What did you think of MLP before you became a brony?

• I thought it looked like a good show
    • I was indifferent to it
    • I didn't know it existed
    • I was a hater
    • I didn't see the difference from generation 1
    • I thought it was a show only little girls watched
    • Other (quote the OP and I'll add it as a choice)

Just a poll I'm surprised has never been done here before! What did you think of the show prior to you becoming the bronies you are now? Edited by €ℨƴηℯłℓ

To be honest, My Little Pony was only brought up in third grade. After that, I never really cared or bothered about MLP. It was a show for little girls and nothing more. I could care less about it, at the time that is.

Actually, I believe there was a thread about this, a long time ago.

I was indifferent to ponies, as I was forced to watch it.

At first, I made fun of it a lot.

But I became strangely addicted.

Now I am the brony you see today.

Corrected your post ;)

Oh you, I forgot I was using my overlord persona.

We never forget

Heh, I am glad I am a brony now.

At least I never made fun of them.

• Brohoof 1

I had been seeing pony all over the internet and was thinking that it must be good but at the time i had literally no free time between school, homework, football, therapy, and more. Then once Winter boredom came along, it all went down... i mean UP hill.

I was indifferent to it. I knew it was popular, but didn't understand what all the hype was about. I figured it was just another kids show.

My wife convinced me to watch it one day when I was bored, and after three episodes I was hooked ^_^

I had never heard of it. My friend told me about it. Took me about two months to actually watch an episode after he told me to watch an episode, stubborn guy that I am. Needless to say, I didn't exactly hate it when I was told to watch it, I just wondered why my friend wanted me to watch a show for 7 year old girls. Suddenly, the fandom!

Edited by Gingerpotato

I honestly didn't realize it existed (FiM anyway) until awhile ago. I never hated it and always wanted to watch it once i had heard of it, but never got around to it. When i finally did watch a full episode though (i had seen a piece of S1:E1 before, but barely any) i got hooked :)

I was a hater actually... It was because I had gotten into the original G3 (Yay! I'm wierd!) and I adored Rarity... I even had the GBA game (I'm so dorky!) and when I found out that Rarity wasn't the one I knew and loved I hated FIM... I then found out that a few other people liked it (only one I knew presonally and he wasn't exactly my friend...oh well!) and I decided to give the show I had been hating for months a try... And I liked it! I didn't really keep it a secret either... I was just like: Hey, this is a good show! I'll watch some more!

I can pull a 180 in opinion quite quickly... And am I glad! I just have an open mind...

I originally was indifferent towards the show, it was just "Oh, okay... kids show for girls. Probably another one of TV's 100's of awful programs.

I watched the first 2 episodes, they intrigued me but didn't hook me right away. It wasn't until like 5 or 6 when I actually came to liking the show.

I saw MLP memes and stuff on memebase and whatnot, but I didn't really give any cares about it until I finally decided to check out what the hay it was.

One of my better decisions in life.

• Brohoof 1

I saw MLP memes and stuff on memebase and whatnot, but I didn't really give any cares about it until I finally decided to check out what the hay it was.

One of my better decisions in life.

Same case for me. I didn't really care much about it until I became curious. Curiosity may have killed the cat but it sure brought me ponies.

Indifferent, I guess. I figured it at least looked well-made, it just didn't strike me as something I'd be interested in. I was skeptical of new TV shows those days.

I was wrong.

I'd seen some of G3 a few years back (and thought it was terrible!), but to be honest before I was told about bronies by a friend I had no idea Hasbro had made G4 (I don't really watch TV much anymore)

(I saw a bit of the memes and pics on the internet but had no idea where it was from and had no time to check it out.)

I could have cared less actually. I saw people with pony avatars here and there, people would post links to random clips or someone I knew would post some pony related piece of work and in all cases I would essentially zone it out. Yeah, it was wierd that so many people liked a show like this, but really, who am I to talk down about someone for being wierd when I was (an still am) equally as nutty?

I was sorta interested in it the moment I found out about it. It looked crappy yet so crappy that it would've been laughable. After 1 episode, I became more and more interested, before finally accepting that I was brony. The first thing I thought when I saw ponies for the first time was Wow, they're kinda cute....I reeallly like there eyes. I especially like that pink one. Funny how I though Applejack was a boy the very first time I saw her. I'm dadgum glad thats not the case :)

I wasn't a hater but I was very skeptical about the kinds of people that would watch a show "for little girls". I thought it was strange that grown men were a growing fanbase of the show.

• Brohoof 1