Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you care what others think of you?

Gone Airbourne

Sometimes I care about what others think of me, sometimes I don't. I attempt to aim for not caring about what others think of me, since caring about what others think of you often leads to you hiding your true self and restricts you from things that aren't the norm.

• Brohoof 1

It depends on who it is as to how much I care.

I couldn’t careless about what someone riding my bumper or a college classmate thinks of me. Even with coworkers it depends. I only care about what my bosses think of me to an extent.

But family and friends I do care about. 

• Brohoof 1

It’s getting increasingly easy by the years. Most of the time, people judge me for not craving into their whims at my expense, and also the amount of people with questionable intellect dictating insane laws and statements and held as moral and truthful :scoots:

• Brohoof 1

• The title was changed to Do you care what others think of you?

I don’t give a fuck what others think of me.

After I graduated high school, I realized what others think of me doesn’t matter. It really doesn’t.

• Brohoof 3

On 2022-02-11 at 10:47 PM, The Wife of Arataki said:

I don’t give a fuck what others think of me.

After I graduated high school, I realized what others think of me doesn’t matter. It really doesn’t.

I 100% agree with you. This is the kind of mindset I admire the most. As long as we are not hurting anyone, we are free to do whatever we want.

• Brohoof 1

As much as I'd love to say that I genuinely don't give a single care about what random people I don't know, will never know, and will never see again think, I'd be lying.

My boyfriend has mastered the art of not caring what strangers think of him, and will make his puns and dance and act silly in public all he wants, which is one of the many things I love about him. Meanwhile, I'll start thinking about whether my hair is acceptable, or if my clothes look good, or if people notice my missing tooth, or whatever, and worrying that people are looking and thinking I look bad. It's something I need to work on. I think the worry came from how people used to ACTUALLY judge me; when I was younger I put no effort into my appearance whatsoever (imagine walking around in public with rat's nest hair... *sigh*) and it was bad enough for people to notice.

• 2 weeks later...

Not at all. I used to when I was a teenager, but as I became an adult I realised that people show you incomparably higher levels of respect if you're just unashamedly and confidently yourself. The best thing you can do to make people think better of you is ironically to stop caring altogether.

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

I don't really care what others think of me. I attribute it to going to school where your name mattered and I had the wrong name, so as a result no one really cared what you did as you were already low on their list.

I came across that realization around the same time I ran across "what's done is done and you can't change the past". You just accept it and move on, and maybe try to tweak it but you are who you are and do what you do. Never going to please them all.

I would love humanity to be more like some of the people I know. But that is like wanting to transmute wood into gold. Still, the alchemic process of evolution is getting there. And we may yet see all this turn into something truly amazing. But, no. I do not "care" what people think, even when I am being tactful and playing into their perceptions of myself. Sometimes there are people who believe they may be helping me, but it is more like I am helping them. It happens quite often. It is like when you are playing with children, and you have to regulate your behaviour to the level of the child. (Most of the people who say "I do not care" are using this a defense mechanism. They do not want to get hurt. That is it. In reality they DO care).
This is not because I do not respect humanity. There is a pretty significant leap between tridimensional consciousness and fifth dimensional consciousness, and above. Still, I kinda love them, and hate them because they can be a piece of work. And then I have to be a piece of work with them, just so they can understand the consequence of their actions. And nobody wins when I have to result to their language. So, it is important to always understand the place perception is coming from. Sometimes it is like explaining color to someone who can only see in black a white. They exist in another wavelength. And you look them in the eyes, and there is this visible disconnect, like they are not fully present. And it is understandable, considering all that happened. I do not want to see them more damaged than they already are. But still, they can me smile sometimes. Just like children.

Edited by They call me Loyalty
  • Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...