Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Starlight Glimmer's Fate?

Glike

How do you guys think Starlight will be seen in the future? For me:

I think there's a really really really huge chance she'll return as the antagonist of this season's finale. I'm not sure what her plan will be though? I imagine she gets ahold of something that increases her abilities and she'll try to "equalize" everyone in Equestria. I also feel we'll get some backstop on her. Maybe she has the potential to be even more of a threat than Tirek.

My personal want but definitely not going to happen: she forms her own anti-Mane Six group that represent the opposites of the Elements of Harmony. She would obviously be the opposite of Magic/Friendship. And the Flimflam Brothers could be the opposite of honesty, etc.

What do you think will happen in the future regarding Starlight?

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

I think she'll return by the Season 5 finale if not sooner because we know next to nothing about her back story, plus she's still somewhere in Equestria doing damage (or planning to) with her twisted philosophy.

I can't think of any villains that weren't soundly defeated before a season ended, even Discord was turned to stone before being brought back.

Plus, I think someone who works on the show teased her return on twitter.

Edited by Ianpiersonjdavis
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Starlight Glimmer taken to the next level by Megaman/Kirby a bunch of ponies to become more powerful by taking their talents.

There was also the mention of legendary powerful magical artifacts in the world, during the first episode.

Edited by Singe

There is a big chance she is coming back, we still got about 15ish episodes to go. My hopes is that she is working for a certain blue necromancer goat that is pulling the strings from behind the scenes, but I'd be okay if that wasn't the case either. 

I'm not exactly sure how she would go about being a season five finale villain though, It can't be the same as the premier (which is part of the reason I want her to be working for someone).

The cave got completely blocked, she starved to death after being stuck for about 6 months, after she had eaten all moss and small rocks/dirt. She had also eaten her ears and two legs. Though she commented that her legs needs some salt.

R.I.P. That season premiere 2015 - the season finale when double diamond and co find her 42 seconds after she had died 2015.

• Brohoof 1

Starlight Glimmer taken to the next level by Megaman/Kirby a bunch of ponies to become more powerful by taking their talents.

There was also the mention of legendary powerful magical artifacts in the world, during the first episode.

That would actually be amazing. A villain who not only steals special talents, but incorporates it into their own being. Thatd make for an interesting transformation.

(edited)

We don't know for sure yet, because she simply ran into a cave without explanation. I have a feeling we'll get to see her again in the final episodes of the season, though.

Edited by Blackened

I imagine that Slarlight Glimmer's backstory is that she was bullied as a filly for being a blank flank, and when she did get her cutie mark, she was unable to find a place in Equestria. This inspires her to create her village and convince other ponies of her ideology. I think backstory would make her a perfect contrast to Twilight Sparkle and Starlight's lack of any true friends or companions made her a bitter, mentally unstable, tragic villain.

Well, I do think that Starlight will be back later this season. I think season 5 finale and at that point, we will hopefully get a good idea of her backstory and orgins and why she has the ideology that she has.

I also think in the end she will reform, it'll be tough, but she will reform. I have a silly prediction that potentially the future four princesses of Equestria could be Twilight, Sunset, Trixie and Starlight. (once all are reformed, but i'll save that for another time)

I believe I have the best theory:

- Glimmer xscaped into a network of caverns
- Caverns are made of rocks
- Maud Pie is super powerful with rocks
- Obviously Maud kills Glimmer off screen, ending her threat for good.

illuminati.jpg

IM A GENIUS

But seriously I wouldn't be surprised if she returned. Unlike the other villains she seems to have a slightly more clear impetus for return.

I hope she comes back in another episode whether it be the season finale or the middle of the season but I love her as a villain because she isn't just hungry for power. It seems that she really believes in what she's doing and that it's right but I hope she becomes one of the first recurring villains. I know that some people might say "What about Trixie or Gilda or Diamond Tiara?" I don't really think of them as villains. They're just nasty ponies but they aren't villainous. Anyway, I do hope we see Starlight Glimmer again.

Accordimg to my headcanon and another post on these forums. Starlight will make a return during the Season 5 finale and she will take everypony's Cutie Marks away. But all non pony characters and Blank Flanks will be excepted from Starlight's magic. So they will join forces to try to defeat Starlight once and for all.

According to the leaked EP list, the finale is called "The Cutie Remark pt1 and pt2". The sounds really interesting...

I feel like Starlight will be in there, just because we know NOTHING about her backstory or anything.

She is going to reappear most likely only in the season 5 finale still trying to spread her "equality" to the corners of Equestria and it will be up to the Mane 6 to stop her.

It could have something to do with Meadowbrook's 8 enchanted items mentioned in the season premiere.   

Either Starlight Glimmer will be using them to magically conform Equestria to her ideology or the mane 6 will have to travel to find them and use them to stop her in some way.