Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are Brony's in danger? What do you think..

Petrus

We all know guys that aren't bronys hate us right? Some people take it WAY too far. Sending hate mail every two seconds. Cyber bullying and even getting the shit beat out of us at school sometimes. Personally I was stabbed with a pen at school for being a brony. Granted I beat the living hell out of that guy the next day, but not all bronys will defend themselves. I fear that someday at any brony con. Haters will take it too far, and shoot up the place, because they believe that we don't deserve to even exist and that they're doing the world a favor. What do you think? I think it's possible, and I know how far people can go.

Do you think bronys are in that kind of danger?

• Brohoof 6

We're in no more danger than any other nerd-based fanbase. We get a lot of hate right now because it's the coo thing to do.

Individuals might be in danger because of the people around them but bronies as a whole aren't going to be a target for some crusade. Most people who go so far would be stopped before they got very far.

• Brohoof 14

Possibly, but are they really in anymore danger than various minorities that have been persecuted throughout history? The simple answer is no. Yes there have been some examples of bronies being violently targeted but these are only a few incidents where there have been multiple incidents of people acting violently toward Muslims or even people they mistake as Muslims after 9/11. Then there is all the violence against blacks such as lynchings, church bombings ect... that happened in the Jim Crow south and the clusterfuck between Israeli's and Palestinians. To answer there is always the possibility of some crazy lashing out but with most brony haters resorting to simple trolling rather than violence I think the odds of this is rather low.

• Brohoof 6

Apart from the random occurrences, I wouldn't say that we're in any kind of danger. We'd be in danger if, say, the government were to ban the Brony fandom or if society were to rise up and physically try to do away with us. But, as far as I know, none of that is happening nor will it happen anytime soon.

• Brohoof 2

They are just looking for kicks because they are jealous that we actually have things to enjoy. I don't see any extreme danger but if push comes to shove I ain't afraid to knock a few heads in.

• Brohoof 1

I highly doubt Bronies are in any kind of danger. I can defend myself if need-be but I hope it never comes to that, and it hasn't so far. Besides, I'm an adult and adults generally don't act that way unless they're criminals in which case they belong in prison.

• Brohoof 3

No, bronies aren't in that kind of danger.  No such thing has happen to us yet and I don't see why it would happen in the future.

What about that supposed terrorist attack on a brony convention where there was a chemical leak? :P

I dunno all the details but some people believe it was deliberate rather than an accident.

What about that supposed terrorist attack on a brony convention where there was a chemical leak? I dunno all the details but some people believe it was deliberate rather than an accident.
 Are you talking about this? That was the closet thing I could find.
  • Brohoof 1

I would call the notion of bronies being "in danger" exaggerated. There's the occasional bully that may attack a brony, but I'm not aware of any organized terrorist groups dedicated to physically harming bronies.

What about that supposed terrorist attack on a brony convention where there was a chemical leak? :P

I dunno all the details but some people believe it was deliberate rather than an accident.

Are you referring to the chlorine attack at a furry convention? I'm not aware of any others.

• Brohoof 2

No. I frequent several sites with a pony avatar and RARELY get any hate, and most of them are just trolls so I don't even bother responding and nothing ever comes of it. We're in just as much danger as anybody else. People have been getting bullied, threatened, and hurt LONG before the fourth generation of my little pony creeped along.

• Brohoof 5

Are you talking about this? That was the closet thing I could find.

I would call the notion of bronies being "in danger" exaggerated. There's the occasional bully that may attack a brony, but I'm not aware of any organized terrorist groups dedicated to physically harming bronies.

Are you referring to the chlorine attack at a furry convention? I'm not aware of any others.

Oh, I guess I got it wrong. Nevermind, then.

• Brohoof 1

with an rainbow dash plushi on my dash board nothing really has happened to the car or me really save a few looks, all else fail learn some self defense and brony on

with an rainbow dash plushi on my dash board nothing really has happened to the car or me really save a few looks, all else fail learn some self defense and brony on

Good thing I have my black belt...

• Brohoof 1

Yeah if you happen to live in the state of NC or the south for that matter you better keep it to yourself that you like this show. People down here tend to be very hateful and intolerant about so many things.  

Yeah if you happen to live in the state of NC or the south for that matter you better keep it to yourself that you like this show. People down here tend to be very hateful and intolerant about so many things.

Oh crap I am moving to NC, better shut my mouth for once.

Okay first of all, according to the urban dictionary, anti bronies are FAR more hated than us. second, they get the most hate on the internet according to some sources. and finally, im bring a sword I brought from a flea market. the moment one of those bastards take out a gun, he wont be able to fap anymore. (Jk... mabey?) but I wouldn't worry. The world is full of people who follow stereo types who are not aware of the fact that no one is perfect. oh and trust me, they don't have the guts to even lift a finger at public brony spaces such as brony con cuz they know that against millions of people, they are screwed. that is why they spend all their time on the internet. also, a shooting would count as terrorism, who is the real cancer to the internet now? its obvious.

Oh crap I am moving to NC, better shut my mouth for once.

It's just dependent on where you move to here. If you move to a small town that's not really up to date with the times you'll probably run into those kinds of people there. But in my own experiences from living here for about a year and a half. I've had some bad run ins with rednecks quite a bit of times and that wasn't even about being a brony just to throw that out there... 

It's just dependent on where you move to here. If you move to a small town that's not really up to date with the times you'll probably run into those kinds of people there. But in my own experiences from living here for about a year and a half. I've had some bad run ins with rednecks quite a bit of times and that wasn't even about being a brony just to throw that out there...

My mom wants to live in a suburb so I guess I don't have to worry.

My mom wants to live in a suburb so I guess I don't have to worry.

I live in a small town that has a military base next to it. In the time I've been here I have yet to see any person wearing anything mlp related nor have I have seen any bronies in my town. I keep it to myself that I like the show and I have yet to find anyone here that shares any similar interests with me either. Raleigh, NC is really nice actually though & I've been to some meetups there. There is a site called NCbronies.com which is another forums site that I am on and has some cool people there. 

Personally I was stabbed with a pen at school for being a brony. Granted I beat the living hell out of that guy the next day, but not all bronys will defend themselves.

Be honest: Was this topic secretly an excuse to brag about having beaten up a supposed "anti-Broner?" xD

No, Broners aren't in any real, much less ubiquitous danger.  Concerning the nonsense that occurs on the internet: A-holes can get away with a lot more online due to anonymity and the resulting lack of accountability.  Paranoia seemingly exists throughout the fandom; I'd point to the ridiculous closet Broner bonding topics that pop up every now and again.  "My Broner-ism was nearly discovered!"  You'd think Broners are spies deep in enemy territory.

Might people make fun of you for watching MLP:FIM?  Sure.  Might people make fun of you anyway?  Probably.  Will they do you significant physical harm because you watch MLP:FIM?  Highly unlikely.  Will they stab you with a pen?  Happened to one guy, apparently.  Will you DIE from the pen stabbing?  Not unless the OP is a ghost.

Are you a ghost, OP? o_o

P.S. Nobody do anything f****** stupid.  Don't carry a weapon because you fear the wrath of anti-Broners.  Don't overreact and do greater harm to someone else than they likely would have done to you.  If someone calls you "gay" (which isn't even an insult - get with the damned times) or erroneously accuses you of being a "pedophile," don't flip your shit and beat the crap out of them for it.

• Brohoof 3

They are just looking for kicks because they are jealous that we actually have things to enjoy. I don't see any extreme danger but if push comes to shove I ain't afraid to knock a few heads in.

Same here. They don't understand how many of us there are, and how strong we are 

I live in a small town that has a military base next to it. In the time I've been here I have yet to see any person wearing anything mlp related nor have I have seen any bronies in my town. I keep it to myself that I like the show and I have yet to find anyone here that shares any similar interests with me either. Raleigh, NC is really nice actually though & I've been to some meetups there. There is a site called NCbronies.com which is another forums site that I am on and has some cool people there.

Apparently we are going to be near a military base. Wouldn't it be awesome if we were neighbors XD
  • Brohoof 1