Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why does Fungus look Scary?

Sky Knight

Well, they are typically poisonous. It may be instincts for us to be driven away from them because of that.

• Brohoof 1

The bleeding tooth mushroom!(in the OP).  It looks fantastic!

To anyone who hates mushrooms: There are way too many species of fungi, chances are there's one out there you'll simply fall in love with  ...you just haven't found it yet.  Personally, I love them all ...a lot.  My facination with mushrooms takes up a lot of time in my life.

I also hate coral and don't understand people that like to go scuba diving to see them and find them beautiful. There can be tons of dangerous flora where it's chock full of coral like jellyfish.

You know there are coral fungi, right?  ...probably your worst nightmare.  It's a pretty big family of mushrooms containing all sorts of really awesome shapes and colors.  A lot of them are common, and most people walk right past them without even giving any notice.

Here's one that frequently grows around here,  Clavicorona pixidata.  Triple-crowned coral fungus.  I took this picture late last year.  They were everywhere!

coralfungi.jpg

This gave me a great idea to photeshop your fungus and this is what I did with it!

AXHsjsZ.jpg

On the side note, they are fairly interesting, just the way it grows is the coolest part about them.

cbeb52b481e55a006ebd4951c381fbc4.jpg

You horrible horrible dragon! >.< I almost had a heart attack!

• Brohoof 1

The bleeding tooth mushroom!(in the OP).  It looks fantastic!

To anyone who hates mushrooms: There are way too many species of fungi, chances are there's one out there you'll simply fall in love with  ...you just haven't found it yet.  Personally, I love them all ...a lot.  My facination with mushrooms takes up a lot of time in my life.

You know there are coral fungi, right?  ...probably your worst nightmare.  It's a pretty big family of mushrooms containing all sorts of really awesome shapes and colors.  A lot of them are common, and most people walk right past them without even giving any notice.

Here's one that frequently grows around here,  Clavicorona pixidata.  Triple-crowned coral fungus.  I took this picture late last year.  They were everywhere!

sig-3955278.coralfungi.jpg

The only mushroom I fall in love with are mushroom that is typically put on pizza.

• Brohoof 1

I never could understand the hate for fungi.  I mean, it's not like this little guy is plotting your demise or anything:

oPF51Gv.jpg

Also consider that mushrooms are one-half of a match made in heaven:

5S2hXIp.jpg

• Brohoof 2

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I mean for every creepy looking fungus there is an innocent little mushroom. Yet that said a lot of fungus really do take on an otherworldly look to them sort of like space aliens. So I guess seeing such odd organisms may trigger a slight bit of fear towards looking into the unknown. That said though most funguses are pretty intriguing so I can't say I'm scared of them haha.