Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's all this about G5?

melody5697

I don't read about MLP news because I'm too lazy to read Equestria Daily every day, and I don't have many friends, so I often have no idea what's going on. But I've seen people talking about G5. What's this all about? What's going on? Is My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic gonna end? Now I'm scared...

• Brohoof 4

G5 won't be animated. they will be puppets. The Discord Gala episode gave us a hint.

Hasbro is in negotiation with the Muppets as we speak. The leaked story said they would be using a lot of the left over Fraggle Rock sets so much of the story would take place,,,underground.

G5 will be showing on Disney Jr.

Hey, would I lie to my fellow Bronies?

• Brohoof 8

G5 won't be animated. they will be puppets. The Discord Gala episode gave us a hint.

Hasbro is in negotiation with the Muppets as we speak. The leaked story said they would be using a lot of the left over Fraggle Rock sets so much of the story would take place,,,underground.

G5 will be showing on Disney Jr.

Hey, would I lie to my fellow Bronies?

A puppet show of MLP would be something.

• Brohoof 1

I've read the EqD post about that. The topic seems to be mostly focused around speculating what art style will be used in the year of 2025 as Flash would become very archaic by that time. As more and more becomes automated, who knows what levels of graphics could become financially acceptable by that time...

For example, see this interview on the work required to make Super Mario games of yore compared to the tools now available to use to create Super Mario courses:

Animation could follow a similar trend. What seems pretty high-end today could later be done on a budget.

I'd actually hope for them to subcontract out to a japanese animation studio for G5; I'd love to see an anime MLP for G5.

When they DO make G5, I'd actually hope it'd be a reboot of FIM, like how each TMNT is a reboot or how Transformers is a reboot.

• Brohoof 4

I don't read about MLP news because I'm too lazy to read Equestria Daily every day, and I don't have many friends, so I often have no idea what's going on. But I've seen people talking about G5. What's this all about? What's going on? Is My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic gonna end? Now I'm scared...

Just bronies freaking out that the end of G4 is near and stuff. No G5 as far as we can see so far 

A puppet show of MLP would be something.

There have been a couple of MLP live shows, one for G3 (World's Biggest Tea Party) and one for G4 (Friendship is Magic Live) where they have full-body puppet costumes for the pony characters. They're... okay? Not the quality level I'd like to see, but I've seen a lot worse.

Wasn't FiM confirmed for 8 seasons atleast? If thats true, how could they release 2.5 more seasons by 2017? at this rate it will be 2035 before season 6 starts.

Wasn't FiM confirmed for 8 seasons atleast? If thats true, how could they release 2.5 more seasons by 2017? at this rate it will be 2035 before season 6 starts.

>8 seasons

LOLWUT? I know its confirmed for SIX seasons, but I've heard NOTHING about 8 seasons. I know they pleadged to continue the toy line for a while, but that doesn't mean new episodes.

It'd be NICE to have that much faith put in the show by hasbro though XD

• Brohoof 1

If the show ends in 2017, I doubt we'll get another generation immediately after. There's gonna be at least 3-4 years in between G4 and G5 to come up with new ideas and stuff. Hell, we don't even know if G5 exist. I wouldn't overthink it if I were you.

>8 seasons

LOLWUT? I know its confirmed for SIX seasons, but I've heard NOTHING about 8 seasons. I know they pleadged to continue the toy line for a while, but that doesn't mean new episodes.

It'd be NICE to have that much faith put in the show by hasbro though XD

Thats just what I've read around, I dont know how true it is. >_>

Hmmm... interesting indeed, putting aside the art style, I wonder, what kind of protagonists would be very fitting for the next series, on the other hand, the fifth generation could be yet another new continuity with a different art style, but could incorporate some FiM elements.

I guess I totally misinterpreted what I read. I thought people were saying it was actually coming soon-ish. Wow, I'm dumb.

Daww its okay sugarcube, we all jump to conclusions sometimes  :wub:

I for one welcome the future of mlp!